JRPGs

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
It's nothing like XCX. It's a story driven JRPG, so it's pretty much a spiritual successor to XC1.

I actually get major Xenogears vibes from it too, which is cool because I haven't thought about that game in years.

FFFUUUUCCCKKKKKKK

Can I rent a switch to playu this? I swear I won't use the God Damn console for anything else save metroid in like 3 years....

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
But at the same time you called HZD combat floaty. What the fuck!?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
HZD is dutch
How in the ever living fuck do you call HZD combat floaty. How. How. Do you even fucking know what floaty combat is??? As you play a game where you cannot hit a fucking thing as you move in a circle and have no control over quick time event combat. Are you fucking kidding me right now???

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
how is this topic related to JRPGs? Stop being a turd just because you got topic banned from the switch thread.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Didn't read through the whole thread (saw Tales of ... was on page 1 ) but I wanted to throw this out there:

I played through Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force (got it 80% off a steam sale.)

It's actually pretty fun and the VA's for English are decent.

Also, different endings depending on route you choose so has replay value.

Got these for my PS4 (may end up getting them for steam too one day)

Sword Art Online Hollow Realization with all the DLC too:

Also SAO vs Accel World:

No English VA cast though, just direct ports from the PS4 versions so just subtitled.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I really like the SA:O games, I kinda wish they were a bit cheaper right now because I'd really like to have them on Steam. I liked Fairy Fencer too, but it never quite hooked me

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir on sale on PSN 60% off.

Been meaning to check it out for a while.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
20 hours into Xenoblade 2 now and I love the game. Really fantastic.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I created a thread. Four hours in and heading to a wild hockey game and dinner after and I didn’t want to stop playing. I made a new thread for it.

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
gshurik gshurik

Does Trails SC get much harder then FC? I'm playing on the hardest difficulty and haven't done much farming aside from a couple of Shining Poms runs to get certain time quartz. Nothing is really a challenge though being level 22-23 at the end of the 3rd act. The boss fights can be a bit hard but its more due to if they focus one character. If they don't then I just heal up with everyone hasted and then spam aoe until the minions are dead and just three shot the boss with S-crafts. Not really complaining because the story is still great and I'm actually interested in these characters that join and leave hoping they'll show up again which is rare for a JRPG. Just wondering if I inadvertently broke the game with no grinding and just spamming arts for the most part as opposed to melee or crafts.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
gshurik gshurik

Does Trails SC get much harder then FC? I'm playing on the hardest difficulty and haven't done much farming aside from a couple of Shining Poms runs to get certain time quartz. Nothing is really a challenge though being level 22-23 at the end of the 3rd act. The boss fights can be a bit hard but its more due to if they focus one character. If they don't then I just heal up with everyone hasted and then spam aoe until the minions are dead and just three shot the boss with S-crafts. Not really complaining because the story is still great and I'm actually interested in these characters that join and leave hoping they'll show up again which is rare for a JRPG. Just wondering if I inadvertently broke the game with no grinding and just spamming arts for the most part as opposed to melee or crafts.

Yeah SC is significantly more difficult than FC, though FC is a little tough in the later chapters but I never had too many problems. If you're on nightmare and you've killed a few shining poms you'll probably not find the game too hard, but there are definitely spikes in difficulty.

SC really ramps the difficulty up though so if you're invested in the story and plan to get SC, then I wouldn't worry too much.

And yeah that's how I felt on my first playthrough :D

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Cool, I already bought all three during the autumn sale, was just wondering if I would just be playing for the story or if some gaming challenge would come up as I played further through the series.

*spams White Gehenna and Ariel on anything that moves*

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Cool, I already bought all three during the autumn sale, was just wondering if I would just be playing for the story or if some gaming challenge would come up as I played further through the series.

*spams White Gehenna and Ariel on anything that moves*

Yeah Arts are always pretty damn strong, but there are lots of enemies that like to interrupt them and eat up the time you've spent channeling them :( Later on they expect you to have a good strategic mix of Arts and craft spammers so they punish you if you overly rely on one or the other.

Obviously it's a JRPG so there are ways to game the system to a certain degree, but it's still proficiently difficult in specific places unless you're really overdeveloped.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I found a PSTV for $30 and grabbed it so I could play Mary Skelter without ruining my Vita, and I'll probably get Caligula Effect too. Have I missed anything good on Vita between 3.61 and now that isn't also on PS4 or PC? IIRC MeiQ was the last game playable on 3.60, sometime around Nov. '16.

Rude

Potato del Grande
How in the ever living fuck do you call HZD combat floaty. How. How. Do you even fucking know what floaty combat is??? As you play a game where you cannot hit a fucking thing as you move in a circle and have no control over quick time event combat. Are you fucking kidding me right now???
HZD combat is like a shitty version of Assassin's Creed. Really shitty.

• 1Picard

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
HZD combat is like a shitty version of Assassin's Creed. Really shitty.
Considering one is 95% ranged and the other is 95% melee... wut?

I don't think making the primary mode of combat ranged, and then relying on controller aiming was a good idea.
Meh, the game was still pretty easy on Very Hard (which forces all aim assists off).

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Considering one is 95% ranged and the other is 95% melee... wut?

Meh, the game was still pretty easy on Very Hard (which forces all aim assists off).

It was easy, seeing as there were only two or three types of enemies that were difficult, but the combat still felt pretty bad to use. It's one of the things that a lot of critics complained about too, so I guess a lot of people didn't like that Aloy felt like she was slipping around.

• 1Barf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It was easy, seeing as there were only two or three types of enemies that were difficult, but the combat still felt pretty bad to use. It's one of the things that a lot of critics complained about too, so I guess a lot of people didn't like that Aloy felt like she was slipping around

Yeah all those critics.

Complex and thrilling combat

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/horizon-zero-dawn-review/1900-6416620/

Its main activity - combat - is extremely satisfying thanks to the varied design and behaviors of machine-creatures that roam its lands,

Horizon Zero Dawn Review - IGN

A likeable new protagonist in Aloy, alongside a compelling story, [b\deep combat system and stunning visuals – Guerrilla Games has already raised the bar this year for exclusives with Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Horizon: Zero Dawn Review | Attack of the Fanboy

You want to bring this bullshit into your own JRPG thread, by all means do it. But you are showing your true colors more and more in this place as a 100% grade on shill in the Nintendo thread, and a grade A fucktwit just about everywhere else.