Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017)

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
This forums been far more accurate on this movie than the critic reviews, which have been more mixed. Maybe they aren’t appreciating the video game parallels as much but I personally thought it was great and pretty clever. Who is the blonde at the start of the movie that becomes jack black?

Rime

<Donor>
Critics only care about virtue signaling anymore. This movie did not push social commentary hard or make people feel guilty about having a 'first world life', so they put it down. It is just a fun action romp with lots of laughs, good backgrounds, and eye-candy for most.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
, and eye-candy

ap2.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
WEB-DLs are out for this movie, 100% worth a watch if you didn't see it in theaters, super entertaining. Will be out on official VOD in USA on march 20th, bluray's same day

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy fuck I don't remember the last time I laughed this much at a movie. Jack Black can be so terrible sometimes, but when he gets it right he's fucking hysterical. I've known The Rock was a comedy genius for years, ever since he hosted SNL back in 2000 and did a Ladies Man sketch with Tim Meadows. Sat there in fucking summer dress with a completely straight face all like 'Leon I need to tell you something'.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Holy fuck I don't remember the last time I laughed this much at a movie. Jack Black can be so terrible sometimes, but when he gets it right he's fucking hysterical. I've known The Rock was a comedy genius for years, ever since he hosted SNL back in 2000 and did a Ladies Man sketch with Tim Meadows. Sat there in fucking summer dress with a completely straight face all like 'Leon I need to tell you something'.

when i saw the cast i was really pretty worried about it. kevin hart is basically the current version of chris tucker. and we all know how his career ended up. jack black is REAAAAALLLY hit or miss. i like him, except for when he goes even a quarter jack black. then he's too much. rock is always good, but he's had a string of pretty terrible movies lately and i wasn't sure where this movie stood in that line up. karen gillian... she just doesn't do anything for me. i mean, i can understand why people would find her attractive and that's cool, she's just a pass in my book. but other than her looks, she doesn't bring anything to the table, really. she's a fine actress, she's just generally the straight character. she exists for others to bounce jokes off of. that's fine, just generally interchangeable with any other pretty face.

but then i saw it. and holy crap. i love this movie. rock was brilliant, kevin hart was great, jack black and karen gillan together were hilarious. if anyone here hasn't seen it yet, do yourself a favor and go watch it

SeanDoe1z1

For someone that is an emotionless husk I laughed quite a bit at this. Wife chimed in with same remark.

7/10, not invested in ending at all.

not really a spoiler but whatever.
cake part was fucking hilarious though.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
A simple movie, that execute its ideas perfectly. Super fun, I loved it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
chris tucker. and we all know how his career ended up

One of the highest paid actors in Hollywood who mostly quit acting of his own volition? Maybe you meant to compare Kevin Hart to someone else.

The one thing I was expecting but was pleasantly surprised not to get was some sort of heroic cliche of someone sacrificing their last life to save everyone else but everything working out anyway. I suppose they sorta did a milder version of that with Bethany giving Seaplane her spare life.

• 1Picard

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i meant it as a guy who showed up, made some rapid fire funny movies within a handful of years and then disappeared. he's also loud, talks to fast, and annoying.

if chris tucker made a new movie right now, would his name actually draw in any money? other than novelty?

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
i meant it as a guy who showed up, made some rapid fire funny movies within a handful of years and then disappeared. he's also loud, talks to fast, and annoying.

if chris tucker made a new movie right now, would his name actually draw in any money? other than novelty?
I think he'll drawn a crowd for Rush Hour 4. Not sure how he'd fare in something else.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Went to the movies with the fiancé yesterday to catch Game Night. Only seats available were eight feet from the screen. Refunded the tickets and still wanted to see a movie, so we opted for Jumanji. Went in with fairly low expectations, but came out glad things worked out the way they did.

Don’t think we’ve had that much fun watching a film in a long time. The movie knew what it was, and it worked perfectly. I’ve seen both of the other films, and they’re fun, but I think I like this one the most. I normally don’t laugh much while watching movies / TV, but my lady made a comment when we were walking out of “I don’t think I’ve seen you laugh that much in a movie ever”. Really made me realize just how much I enjoyed it.

Everytime the smoldering...i lost my shit.

Worth the price of admission for a fun couple of hours.

spronk

FPS noob
go back to game night sometime, its not quite as funny as jumanji but its pretty funny

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just saw this tonight, rented it on Amazon. Great family flick. We all laughed hard a few times. I typically do not like Kevin Hart but he was great. I like Jack Black and he was great too. Karen Gillan is super hot and a great cast. Rock is his usual excellent performance.

Good job making a fun, light, comedy adventure.