Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017)

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

Genre: Action, Adventure, Family

Director: Jake Kasdan

Cast: Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan, Nick Jonas, Rhys Darby, Alex Wolff, Madison Iseman, Marc Evan Jackson, Ser'Darius Blain, Morgan Turner, Ivory J. Taylor, Missi Pyle, Maribeth Monroe, Tim Matheson, Juan Gaspard, Bobby Cannavale, Sylvia Jefferies, Friday Chamberlain, Danny Pardo, Natasha Mayet, Ruby Bustamante, Virginia Newcomb, William Tokarsky, Maiya Boyd, Jonnah-Blaine Bowling, John Archer Lundgren, Mason Guccione, Ted Williams, Najah Jackson, Maddie Nichols, Tracey Bonner, Jamie Renell, Natasha Charles Parker, Darian Baker, Sarah Fawaz, Max Ortiz Jr., William Walker, Tahseen Ghauri, Jemarko Jones, Daniel Salyers, Ashley Lonardo, Demetrice Nguyen, Jonathan Louis Ramos, Martin Feigen, Leeza Jones, Tad Sallee, Tyler Stormant, Sean Buxton, Michael Shacket, Cory Michael Peeler, Chrysta-Lyn Rodrigues, Ryan Baughman, Kevin Montgomery, Na Bil, Jeffery Clarke, Mario Fernandez, Stanislav Mruz, John Early, Lyric Jefferson

Release: 2017-12-20

Plot: In a brand new Jumanji adventure, the tables are turned as four teenagers are sucked into Jumanji's world - pitted against rhinos, black mambas and an endless variety of jungle traps and puzzles. To survive, they'll play as characters from the game: meek Spencer becomes a brave explorer (Dwayne Johnson); hulky jock Fridge becomes a tiny genius (Kevin Hart); It-girl Bethany becomes a bookworm professor (Jack Black); and unathletic Martha becomes an amazonian warrior (Karen Gillan). To beat the game and return to the real world with their lives, they'll have to start seeing things in an entirely different way.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Didn't see this - and searched, first Trailer for Jumanji "welcome to the jungle" starring The Rock is out...

looks funny.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It looks like its missing the charm of the first one. That said i do like all the actors so it will probably be funny.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Looks good to me. I like how they've updated it to be a video game. Karen Gillan is insanely hot.

• 2Solidarity

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally got around to watching trailer, looks good. Was engaged whole way through.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah that looks a lot better than i thought it would be, but then again so did baywatch

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw a lot of bitching about the fact they updated it to a video game instead of board game, but meh. The game is mystically (?) evil so if it needs to adapt itself to fuck with people, why not.

Gender swapping when you teleport in is great, though not having the same impact in the real world as the original is a bit of a bummer. Seeing the monkeys wreck Alan Griers shit was awesome

• 2Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
well this is kinda weird if you have amazon prime you can buy tickets to a special screening of this movie at a bunch of theaters on dec 8th. not free, you gotta pay full price, can't use moviepass and stuff. ha ha, fuck paying regular price for movies!
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The entire cast was out here (went home yesterday) doing a press junket for the film. They even had a free screening of the film and The Rock watched with everyone. It was on an Airforce base, so I wasn't able to attend, though. Oh well.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just signed up. Thanks for the link. Only one ticket, but I usually go to see movies as a solo.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Looks pretty funny to me. I'll MoviePass it if I can muster up the energy, but otherwise I'd have waited for video probably.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Just got back from seeing it. Really good funny movie. Omfg jack black is hilarious as bethany.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I saw this tonight. It was a decent enough popcorn film. There were quite a few funny moments in it, but it wasn't a comedy. I'd say it's a decent enough date movie.

Just don't expect it to be an Oscar nominee or anything.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Not a comedy, true. Popcorn action flick, that has very funny moments..

I mean the "bathroom scene" cracked me up. I want to know how much of that was adlib by black.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database