Jupiter Ascending (2015)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
February is where you put average movies that can do well as long as they don't have major competition.

Well CGI looks nice, but honestly the only compelling thing about that trailer is the part where it looked like Mila Kunis was about to get anal probed.

Anyway, this looks like the typical: (1) prophecy of The One who will save us, (2) big reveal, then (3) going through the motions to defeat The Big Evil with a lot of explosions. I wouldn't mind being wrong, but their track record with Matrix 2, Matrix 3, and Cloud Atlas doesn't bode well ...

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Could suck, could be decent, who knows. The starting cast is kinda weak, though.

Oldbased

> Than U
Meh. I collect decent Sci Fi movies. This looks good enough to buy on Vudu digital once it hit's $10-12 for the HDX version. Doesn't look that bad, but it takes a hell of a lot more than this to get me to a theatre. Like Edge of Tomorrow next week will be the first time I've been to one in about 4 years.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You're seeing Edge of Tomorrow, but didn't bother to see Captain America 2? That shit was fantastic.

spronk

FPS noob
i didn't see captain america 2 in theaters either, i really thought the first one sucked and captain america i always felt was a shitty superhero. what, his power is that he is a bit stronger than a normal guy and has a shield? Fuck, thats just slightly better than hawkeye

i did like the new x-men though

Oldbased

> Than U
Well here is the deal. My father is in poor health and wants to go see a movie together. We was going to go see Pacific Rim together but I was working many hours a day and it passed by.
Then he suggested Godzilla and I saw some posts and reviews and suggested Edge of Tomorrow instead.

I think he liked the first CA and Avengers and Iron Mans ok enough, but it isn't really his thing. Thus Edge it is.

No Spork , I didn't. I did buy it on digital though for my UV account which has 74 titles in it atm, probably 50 Sci Fi. It may be the least favorite in there. Hell I watch Prometheus more.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I didn't like the first movie at all, nor do I really like the character. Moralistic douche bag.

However, the 2nd movie was awesome. More of a spy movie than a super hero one. Great scenes.

spronk

FPS noob
free screenings next week in a few cities, i think this movie is gonna bomb hard
frown.png

Jupiter Ascending | Advance Movie Screenings

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jesus, it opens the same day as Seventh Son and the spongebob movie? 50 shades and Kingsmen the week after? Yeah, this is not going to perform well.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I would just wait for Kingsman, every review has been positive about that movie and its still at 100%

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's all very chaotic and entertaining, like a bizarre cult sci-fi TV show that somehow survived a threat of mid-season cancellation.
Yeah, that sounds about right from what the commercials are showing. Budget hasn't been publicly released so it might be the next John Carter.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
How the hell do you still get given hundreds of millions of dollars when you produce bomb after bomb? What the fuck is it about Hollywood?

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Jesus, it opens the same day as Seventh Son and the spongebob movie? 50 shades and Kingsmen the week after? Yeah, this is not going to perform well.
Heh, I think that was obvious the moment the studio pushed this back to February. They claimed it was because they needed more time to finish special effects, but I don't think it's a stretch to say at least part of the reason was they knew they couldn't compete with the summer blockbusters. Now it's just a question of whether the studio is hoping it'll benefit from not having that sort of competition or if they are just dumping it here cause they had to release it sometime.