Jupiter Ascending (2015)

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
My first reaction to this trailer is simply... WTF? What the hell is going on and why should I care?

That trailer is a marketing disaster. Seriously, WTF is happening? I have no idea! Why should I go see this movie? I'm long past the point where flashy special effects alone will draw me into a theater to see a movie. Maybe 20 years ago you might have been able to do it but not any more. Every fucking movie now has damn good special effects anymore.

im curious, how long can you milk a film credit to promote your next project? forever? yes the matrix was an iconic game changer. nobody can ever take that away from them, it just seems that after 15 years and half a dozen films since the matrix that they would have something else to brag about. the wachowskis didnt even get mentioned by name, they are just "the creators of the matrix" now. thats pretty fucking sad. and look i love their films. i got flamed hard for proclaiming that street racer was one of the best movies of the year. im probably the only one here who liked their ninja movie and cloud atlas. and i still love me some matrix reloaded, whenever its on i still watch it even though i have to channel surf through all the zion scenes. the wachowskis should be at james cameron, tarentino and eastwood level by now, but after 15 years they are still tying to earn a name for themselves. i dunno wtf happened. is it because the one brother cut his cock off and calls himself lana now?
You mean Spielberg doesn't market his trailers with, "From the makers of Jaws! and E.T. comes the newest summer blockbuster!!!!....."

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Most people produce shit on a daily basis, just every once in a great while it looks like gold. Wachikowski's clearly got lucky as they are really good at producing shit yet they've made millions because of their one good looking one.

I can't be the only one that thought it looks like another "Based on the best selling young adult book series by..." movie.

Juvarisx

Florida
There is enough "should be good / great" movies coming out in 2014 that this garbage can be skipped without worry. All this trailer did was make me confused and tired and annoyed that Tatum gets money for pretending he can act.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I can still taste the shit Cloud Atlas took in my mouth
I was one of those weirdos that actually liked Cloud Atlas. Granted, it was a LONG movie and took a while to really care about, but the overall story was decent. I probably wouldn't sit through it again, but I enjoyed it the first go around.

I also just recently watched World War Z. I was surprised. It wasn't the horrible movie I was expecting it to be.

Kind of a cross between The Walking Dead & Outbreak. Worth a rental.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
I was able to endure Cloud Atlas in that I thought it was absurdly amusing, at times. My largest annoyances were the Pollyanna-ish tone, Hugo Weaving in distracting drag (again), and the future language. Really, I would have been much happier had there been a subtitle translation for the future language as I was not nearly interested in the movie enough to decipher portions of it.

fucker_sl

shitlord
My first reaction to this trailer is simply... WTF? What the hell is going on and why should I care?

That trailer is a marketing disaster. Seriously, WTF is happening? I have no idea! Why should I go see this movie? I'm long past the point where flashy special effects alone will draw me into a theater to see a movie. Maybe 20 years ago you might have been able to do it but not any more. Every fucking movie now has damn good special effects anymore.
this. a million times this. The first seconds it seems interesting because you feel it's some chasing/rescue scifi movie....then all these random, disjoined space scene come one after the other and you got no fucking idea why or what they should show you

and maybe the science nerd part of me is influensing too much my judgment but serious....fuck the design of those stupid spaceships. What the fuck are they suppose to be? insects in space ?

you want a real, efficent and inteligent design for a space ship? here it is

1399178-_30_9594931.jpg

khalid

Unelected Mod
Yeah, I don't see how anyone could watch this trailer and be super enthused. It said nothing about the story and was just a cgi show. Might be good, might be bad, the trailer didn't show it either way.

Caliane

this. a million times this. The first seconds it seems interesting because you feel it's some chasing/rescue scifi movie....then all these random, disjoined space scene come one after the other and you got no fucking idea why or what they should show you

and maybe the science nerd part of me is influensing too much my judgment but serious....fuck the design of those stupid spaceships. What the fuck are they suppose to be? insects in space ?

you want a real, efficent and inteligent design for a space ship? here it is

1399178-_30_9594931.jpg

Trailer here looked pretty good to me.
reminded me alot of Babylon A.D. though... which is not a good thing.

Borg ship is not the most ideal. Interior is not accessible. Freight, maintenance, etc. I guess teleportation is assumed?
The gravity question as well. Startrek answers that with "magic" gravity generators that pull you to the floor. but that is not very realistic.

Also questions of engines and propulsion in general and is it safe to have those near anything else?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The makeup was really distracting in Cloud Atlas, but otherwise it was a great fucking movie. I spent the last 30 minutes of the movie crying and I can't even tell you exactly why. If that's not the definition of art, I don't know what is.

PS: I can totally understand why some people wouldn't like the movie, but it was still a really good movie.

spronk

FPS noob
the korea future parts were great, man imagine what an amazing world without any violence or misogyny there would be if we all had asian sex bot slaves who also served us tasty fast food

the makeup shit was the stupidest thing in the world, it looked god awful and kept breaking you out of the movie. There were definitely some interesting moments in the movie, but it felt way too hard trying to do the whole "WE ARE ALL CONNECTED SEE SEE SEEEEEEeeee". I guess a lot like Matrix 3 in many ways, one philosophy 101 idea just got too much attention.

still this movie looks like its gonna suck, which is too bad I like all the people involved. maybe it'll be like oblivion though and be better than the trailer made it look, or is it another After Earth...

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You guys really having trouble getting the idea of the film from the trailer? Sci fi groundhog day on a longer timeline until Tatum + Chick save humanity.