Jupiter's Legacy

Goatface

2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 4 Votes
Title: Jupiter's Legacy

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2021-05-07

Creator: Steven S. DeKnight

Cast: Josh Duhamel, Ben Daniels, Leslie Bibb, Andrew Horton, Elena Kampouris, Matt Lanter, Mike Wade

Overview: When the world's first generation of superheroes received their powers in the 1930s become the revered elder guard in the present, their superpowered children struggle to live up to the legendary feats of their parents.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Should be pretty good based on the source material creators and DeKnight usually delivers.

Animosity

1617750572140.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
they have to include both jupiters circle and jupiters legacy in this, b/c theres not enough material imo for a series, it's only 10 issues.

Cybsled

Not being familiar with source material, is this basically a grittier version of Sky High?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Not being familiar with source material, is this basically a grittier version of Sky High?
hmm, how about the incredibles, but the family is your typical disfunctional american family, but with super powers

how does an emo goth chick lash out, with super powers. but it'll probably also focus on the entire super hero community too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

I only read a couple of the first few issues and couldnt get into it. This looks like its gonna be Netflix's version of the Boys.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I only read a couple of the first few issues and couldnt get into it. This looks like its gonna be Netflix's version of the Boys.
probably b/c you were reading it as it was released? it was like 1 issue every 6 months lulz

imo if you were to read it again, you should read issues 1-5, then read all of jupiter's legacy for "background" and then finish 6-10 would probably be more enjoyable, but i agree, the way it starts out, really seems like you should know some of the cannon.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ya...I'm all in!

wow this trailer is telling me all of juptiers legacy 1-10 is in the series

looking at more info, it seems that this will also launch jupiters requiem comic, honestly i thought it was cancelled, but oh well it's coming out

Caliane

costume design looks like shit.

Story is decent. not sure how it can turn out in live action form.

I think a TL: DR doesn't really spoil it too much.

30's adventures discover an island. something happens on it, and they get super powers.
the team more or less argue on what the correct way to superhero a bit. the "superman" stand in takes the lead though. and you have your standard justice league. fight crime, stand as an image of morality. do not interfere with governments, etc directly.

time passes. they get old. have kids. kids also get powers.
Kids are shitheads. drugged out, rock stars. daughter and son for superman/woman specifically.

supermans brother has mind powers. he decides humanity has had its chance! time for a superhuman dictatorship.
Enlists the son to help him. They kill their parents, and take over the world.

Drugged out daughter gets a reality check when this happens. And is helped by not Lex Luthors son, not Lex Luthor Jr. who she is dating.
*mod edit, this was too much info, will spoiler, this is literally 5issues of a 10issue comic.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
1st episode felt like a slightly more adult CW show. Ending got a little better but overall its pretty bland so far.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Starts off pretty slow, yeah almost a CWish Arrowverse show but it starts getting a bit better...going to try and power through to see the end. Hope it gets a lot lot better.

Caliane

This is a bit rough.

its mixing Jupiters Circle into Jupiters Legacy. trying to weave back and forth. fucking with the pacing badly.
On epi5, and I think we are just starting issue 2 of the comic.. This should mean the back half of the series, should be much more packed though.

Hutch raceswapped, cause lol.

Jupiters circle stuff in the past so far is way more interesting. They are not doing a good job with the kids. showing chloe as a fuckup with issue yeah. but not nearly enough rockstar, druggie, emo desperately looking for approval for Brandon.
ageing up makeup is awful.
fx is not great. .

Probably wouldn't recommend atm. I'll need to see the full season. and likely the next season first... if they can pull off that, maybe.
budget is probably not high enough.

alot of the dialogue and morality is cut and rearranged.

Last edited:

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
So I both love and despise aspects of Millar's work, sometimes in the same book. When I saw the trailer for this, I read this online and liked it so much I bought the 4 physical volumes. I GD love this comic. It's become one of my favorite independent Superhero books. From a narrative perspective, these really very simple backstories, this one involving some similar thematic elements (I mean, things that remind me of foundational story elements present in) with the Harry Potter backstories, can be woven into world setting up these incredibly rich tales. I am actually scared to watch the show because of how invested I am in the books. Of course they blackwashed Hutch and Skyfox, which won't make much sense in Jupiter's Circle. I will probably watch this weekend, though. Bracing for impact and prepped for disappointment, even though (and probably because ) Grace Randolph was super positive about it.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’m not familiar with the source material but after 2 episodes I’m not impressed so far with the show.

Going to give it another episode or two but I hope it picks up.

Nothing is grabbing me so far, no characters seem particularly interesting and no plot thread either.

Caliane

this is a train wreck. epi 6 now. and we are "the code" this, "the code" that. what the fuck is this even on about? no discussion at all of Walter thinking he can do a better job running the country. while Utopian insisting they follow the rule of law and elected officials as Citizens.

This doesn't appear to be setting up the actual plotline of Jupiters legacy at all.
This "code" no killing shit, was not in the comic at all.

and they just introduced the sword chick from jupiters legacy 2, as walt daughter.. instead of jules who is sir not appearing this is show at all. this is a mess.

Last edited:

Sevens

Log Wizard
The flash back shit is actually quite interesting, wish they would just kill off the druggie daddy issues daughter.
other than that this show is pretty meh.

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database