Jupiter's Legacy

Caliane

read the comics. linked above. They are destroying the main story.
jupiters legacy 1-5, jupiters circle, jupiters legacy 2.

chloe
Chloe gets her shit together and is the main character more or less. she has a kid with Hutch. becomes a trad wife. hides out from the government. Her son sneaks out and does illegal superheroing in secret. he gets caught out eventually in a trap. don't mess with a mama bear's cub.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Thought it was ok, but it will definitely be divisive. It's like the complete opposite of Falcon/Winter Soldier....where that show had a shit ton of characters/plots that basically got glossed over, this show has a couple arcs that it pretty much runs into the ground. I don't mind the show being heavily character driven over generic action scenes, but still need story progression, and pacing here is VERY slow.

Only somewhat familiar with the original series, but pretty sure almost all of the 1929 storyline is new to this show. I like the idea of showing the original generation and what led to them getting powers, but seems like they used it to stretch the small amount of source material.

One thing that will also hurt it, is there's barely any major 'Oh shit!' moments through the entire show, or even scenes that have you on the edge of your seat. I would like to see it get at least another season, as the ending sets things up to where shit should start going down much quicker.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
read the comics. linked above. They are destroying the main story.
jupiters legacy 1-5, jupiters circle, jupiters legacy 2.

chloe
Chloe gets her shit together and is the main character more or less. she has a kid with Hutch. becomes a trad wife. hides out from the government. Her son sneaks out and does illegal superheroing in secret. he gets caught out eventually in a trap. don't mess with a mama bear's cub.

The spoilered part is literally some of the best stuff. It sounds like they are mixing in Jupiter's Circle and Jupiter Legacy and will end on

Walter's and Brandon's Coup, Utopian and Lady Liberty's Death, and Hutch and Chloe's Escape. They probably introduced What's her name/Walter's daughter (Edit: Raiko, she isn't in the comics long) who is guarding Repro this season so her appearance isn't a sudden reveal as much as it is in the comic, although it makes Walter more of bastard. Season 2 I would betis Repro/Ocean's Eleven around the Supermax Breakout with Skyfox. Given 2021 Politics Walter will do a great job with the economy, though. Season 3 can be whatever the next Comic title is Millar doing, Jupiter's Aftermath? Probably when the Aliens show up.

Last edited:

Cybsled

On episode 4. It's not bad. I like the 1920s flashback stuff and I do like how they really do make the audience question the whole "code" thing by showing how hypocritical it is.

Caliane

The spoilered part is literally some of the best stuff. It sounds like they are mixing in Jupiter's Circle and Jupiter Legacy and will end on

Walter's and Brandon's Coup, Utopian and Lady Liberty's Death, and Hutch and Chloe's Escape. They probably introduced What's her name/Walter's daughter (Edit: Raiko, she isn't in the comics long) who is guarding Repro this season so her appearance isn't a sudden reveal as much as it is in the comic, although it makes Walter more of bastard. Season 2 I would betis Repro/Ocean's Eleven around the Supermax Breakout with Skyfox. Given 2021 Politics Walter will do a great job with the economy, though. Season 3 can be whatever the next Comic title is Millar doing, Jupiter's Aftermath? Probably when the Aliens show up.
its completely rewritten.
they kill Raiko off. and reveal Walter was faking skyfox stuff. which no real surprise. but episode 8 basically ENDS, before issue 1 of the comic. the parents are still alive. Walt is just starting to try breaking up brandon/sheldon. theres very few other superheroes. most of those there are, are all dead. With some bizarre "superheroes don't kill" "code" nonsense, while they are getting murdered left and right by supervillains. Final episode they finally establish the "code" as, "we don't govern, and we don't kill". literally the first time "we don't govern" is brought up.
So, despite using some scenes from Jupiters legacy. this whole thing is more a prequel. Almost none of the comic actually occurs.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
its completely rewritten.
they kill Raiko off. and reveal Walter was faking skyfox stuff. which no real surprise. but episode 8 basically ENDS, before issue 1 of the comic. the parents are still alive. Walt is just starting to try breaking up brandon/sheldon. theres very few other superheroes. most of those there are, are all dead. With some bizarre "superheroes don't kill" "code" nonsense, while they are getting murdered left and right by supervillains. Final episode they finally establish the "code" as, "we don't govern, and we don't kill". literally the first time "we don't govern" is brought up.
So, despite using some scenes from Jupiters legacy. this whole thing is more a prequel. Almost none of the comic actually occurs.
lucious lyon wtf GIF

Animated GIF

alan rickman desk flip GIF

I literally don't know how they could fuck this up that badly.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
1st episode and you can tell its gonna suck especially after just watching a tv imagining of invincible.

like if invincible was an arcade game, they ported it as best they could to a super nintendo street fighter style

jupiters legacy looks like theyre porting it over to an atari 2600

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
1st episode and you can tell its gonna suck especially after just watching a tv imagining of invincible.

like if invincible was an arcade game, they ported it as best they could to a super nintendo street fighter style

jupiters legacy looks like theyre porting it over to an atari 2600
Show Ryu, Ken!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So all I’m gathering is that if you never read the comic, you would probably like the show.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Caliane

I'd be surprised even then.

the pacing is garbage. and the modern day plotline is nonsense. with poor production.

All the stuff in the PAST, is fine-good. however, yes.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah the stuff with Sheldon, Walter and George was easily the best part of the show for me. They did a really good job exploring all the issues with Sheldon and Walter as brothers, and how in a lot of ways George was Sheldon's chosen brother.

Cybsled

Pacing wise it kind of reminds me of Witcher. They even use the same flashback format, although this show at least makes it easier to figure out when it is a flashback you are watching.

The flashbacks also enhance the show because you see how a character is in the past, then how they are in the present (or at least how others are viewing them in the present) and wondering how things got there. The show does use that fairly effectively and makes the bit at the end of the season plausible at least.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
They even use the same flashback format, although this show at least makes it easier to figure out when it is a flashback you are watching.
This is what makes it work for me. the contrast is obvious when they switch times. otherwise I hate the constant back and forth style so many shows do now. Here, I don't mind at all. And the past story is easily the best part so far.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Yeah the 1929 storyline is the clear winner. The 'present day' part with the tortured son and cunt-bitch daughter are very tired.

Cybsled

Ya, I like Hutch. That scene at the restaurant shows how OP his teleport thing is.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I still haven't watched the show yet but can imagine why they are doing what they are doing. It's providing motive for things that are coming in Season 2 should it happen. In the comic its explained in a few panels of dialogue and
probable years influence by Walter

It would be an unnecessary change if they just stuck with the original plot structure, which was super strong (no pun intended), has a GOT like twist almost out of the gate, still has all of the 1929 and also a 1960's Mad Men section they could bring in, which may be the plan for Season two? Really seems like wasted potential with the other changes from the comic. They should have cast Brandon differently, though. They really needed someone more louche.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Caught up on the comics, which I'd never read. Fun rabbit hole. Except the art in Jupiters Circle I and II was a style I dislike so much I didnt read those.

Its funny, they copied visuals from the comics almost exactly in many cases, to a really impressive degree. Costumes, hairstyles, casting choices. EXCEPT obviously the out of nowhere raceswap for Hutch.

The comics are way too short, theyre begging to be expanded. I wish theyd done a solid season per volume and stuck to the original structure.

Every time Hollywood changes the structure from how it went in the book or comic, if I'm familiar with the original, I end up concluding they should have stuck with the original. This is no different.

Caliane

you don't see her much, so I hadn't noticed it really originally. But, rereading the comic. his mom is not white. so, while he really doesn't look like the comic character, I admit, there is some justification.

I really hated the pacing. And, I think s2 is going to have the same problem, possible worse. Cause they are going to do it again. jumping back to the rest of Jupiters circle, while now finally getting to the actual Jupiter's Legacy storyline. While as mentioned, basically ALL the current timeline stuff here, was filler. made of for the TV show.

I'm not sure what they are doing with Brandon.
They blended him and Jules I suppose. I don't really know why. So, we get Jules confidence, and capability. Even had brandon in the opening scene where it was Jules, in the comic. Thing is, we don't have that super needy, easily lead around Brandon now. its going to be more of an Evil superman brandon.

Last edited: