Just Cause 3

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

I kind of feel like JC2 ruined FC3 for me. FC3 was like JC2, but without the fun.

To this day I feel like Just Cause is the best double entendre in gaming.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
JC2 is nothing but pure fun.

Though I don't know how FC3 and JC2 really relate. I played JC2 after GTA4 and it really highlighted the fact that they forgot to add any fun into GTA4.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
PC for sure, the mods really change the gameplay, unlimited grapple ropes in 2 made for some really good times.

Tenks

With any luck Steam will reopen the mod shop so I can pay $5 for that

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That trailer is insane. JC2 was fucking great, anyone that didn't play it is missing out.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
JC2 is nothing but pure fun.

Though I don't know how FC3 and JC2 really relate. I played JC2 after GTA4 and it really highlighted the fact that they forgot to add any fun into GTA4.
They're both open world areas in a jungle environment. I just didn't have much fun in FC3.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just Cause 2 was great until you hit about 50% completion and then the enemy response just got absurd to everything you did. Every little thing you did resulted in a helicopter and 20 dudes up your ass immediately. Yeah, I know, you just grapple the helicopter and kill them all, but it would just happen over and over. Wound up just plowing through the rest of the story as fast as possible.

Hopefully they balance things a little better in JC3.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Love the explosions in that trailer. And pretty much everything else.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
giphy.gif

Played jc2 so much, this is beyond exciting!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just Cause 2 was great until you hit about 50% completion and then the enemy response just got absurd to everything you did. Every little thing you did resulted in a helicopter and 20 dudes up your ass immediately. Yeah, I know, you just grapple the helicopter and kill them all, but it would just happen over and over. Wound up just plowing through the rest of the story as fast as possible.

Hopefully they balance things a little better in JC3.
That's funny. It feels like in the last third of the game you destroy stuff so quickly and epicly that the entire island should be a smoldering ruin. Them ramping up their military endlessly the more you complete it seems backward.

Tenks

Yeah at the end it was like "God I need to blow some shit up real fast to get jets and shit on my tail to end this quickly"

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's been a while but I remember having to switch to be more stealthy partway through the game. I don't remember my completion percentage, but I do remember wanting to complete more of the game but being annoyed by how tedious it was to 100% each little base with its upgrades...

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I've got #2 but never played it. From all the talk here I guess I should fast track it to the top of the to play list.

Tenks

Its a fun game. Perhaps a touch overrated by the internet but still a fun game for what it is.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's one of those games where you either really enjoy the gameplay and concept or you find it repetitive and boring.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I downloaded JC2 last night based on this thread, played around with it for a while, will play more tonight.

Anyone remember a similar game from 3 or 4 years back with the Irish? guy you played as, but it was set in WW2 era, and the bases were all Nazis and shit? It was fun but horribly buggy and almost unplayable at launch. I can't remember the name of it, I'm curious if it was ever fixed.

Aside from Nazis and the main character, I remember when you died or got hurt really bad he'd say in a thick Irish accent "mother fuck" and it made me say it to myself for the longest time afterwards.

Edit:

And of course 30 seconds later I find it Googling by typing in "irish ww2 game." Older than I remembered, 2009.

The Saboteur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Saboteur is one of my all-time favorites in the genre. Always wished they would make another one.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The Prototype franchise is another couple games that I hold in high regard along with Just Cause when it comes to mass-mayhem. Need another one of those.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Would love a prototype game where they not only added freeform destructible terrain, but did so in a way that was persistent. So you'd not only have a city totally infected as time went on, but buildings would slowly disappear one by one as you destroyed them.