Just Cause 3

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good lord I suck at the flying squirrel suit challenges. At least with the mouse and keyboard so far. I need to see if I can dig up my old controller.

So far fun game, complete time waster, decent puzzles on how to break shit or get into places that can't be broken. Production values are huge and like one of the reviewers said it is like playing the cut scenes of a really great action movie/game but you are playing the cool points all of the time. Just getting around and going oooo shiney! Lets blow that shit up is fun so far.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I definitely think its better than Just Cause 2 in terms of the controls are better, the combat is tighter, the stability for me is rock solid. Still takes a bit to start the game up, but load times after that are respectable, even not installed on an SSD.

It is still very repetitive. Its dumb fun in the big explosions Michael Bay action movie sense. The VA is marginally improved over JC2.

Overall if you liked JC2 I can't see any reason to skip this if you're playing it on PC, but you might wait for a sale. I dunno. Up to you.

I'm enjoying it. The new flight suit is fun as shit.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, blew up most of the first 2 areas tonight, fun times. It's more or less everything I wanted in Just Cause 3 so far.

I need to unlock that Monster Truck.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I definitely think its better than Just Cause 2 in terms of the controls are better, the combat is tighter, the stability for me is rock solid. Still takes a bit to start the game up, but load times after that are respectable, even not installed on an SSD.

It is still very repetitive. Its dumb fun in the big explosions Michael Bay action movie sense. The VA is marginally improved over JC2.

Overall if you liked JC2 I can't see any reason to skip this if you're playing it on PC, but you might wait for a sale. I dunno. Up to you.

I'm enjoying it. The new flight suit is fun as shit.
Can't wait.

giphy.gif

gotta finish FO4 though....

spronk

FPS noob
PS4 version seems fine, load times are 5-8 seconds when you start a mission and that's the only time I've really seen load screens so far. About the same time when you die and reload. This game feels more like Just Cause 2.5 than JC3, after stuff like FO4, GTA5, Witcher 3, Syndicate, and Tomb Raider its hard to really find anything that interesting about JC3. Its way more open world and sandbox-y than the rest, which is a nice change of pace from the more scripted storylines of the other games, and some of the stuff you can do with your tools is pretty fun but end of the day it feels like GTA5's little brother.

Visually its just ok, some nice graphic stuff but the dynamic lighting is a bit weird at times and the textures are not super impressive. Biggest sadness is they didn't take the brilliant work modders did in building JC2 multiplayer on PC, that would have made the game 10x better if they baked it into the game itself in a seperate MP mode. Without that, this is just another open world sandbox game that doesn't really seem to do anything better than the half dozen other similar games that have come out this year. I guess they didn't want to try and compete with GTA5 Online.

Map size wise the gameworld is huge, but honestly I am getting a bit tired of these massive maps where each zone has the same number of things you have to conquer to progress. More doesn't mean better.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm really enjoying this, but I will say if you've got an AMD graphics card, you definitely want to withhold a purchase for now. Lotta peeps having big time problems with this game with AMD cards.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
PS4 version seems fine, load times are 5-8 seconds when you start a mission and that's the only time I've really seen load screens so far. About the same time when you die and reload. This game feels more like Just Cause 2.5 than JC3, after stuff like FO4, GTA5, Witcher 3, Syndicate, and Tomb Raider its hard to really find anything that interesting about JC3. Its way more open world and sandbox-y than the rest, which is a nice change of pace from the more scripted storylines of the other games, and some of the stuff you can do with your tools is pretty fun but end of the day it feels like GTA5's little brother.

Visually its just ok, some nice graphic stuff but the dynamic lighting is a bit weird at times and the textures are not super impressive. Biggest sadness is they didn't take the brilliant work modders did in building JC2 multiplayer on PC, that would have made the game 10x better if they baked it into the game itself in a seperate MP mode. Without that, this is just another open world sandbox game that doesn't really seem to do anything better than the half dozen other similar games that have come out this year. I guess they didn't want to try and compete with GTA5 Online.

Map size wise the gameworld is huge, but honestly I am getting a bit tired of these massive maps where each zone has the same number of things you have to conquer to progress. More doesn't mean better.
I was expecting JC2.5. So that's good. I'll wait it out for a sale since there is so much to play out there.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I played this basically all day yesterday. It is purely better than JC2 in my opinion, but it's also more of the same. The variety that the wingsuit and remote grapple points add to the game is surprising though. Grappling a heavy armor guy into a gas tank and then shooting the tank is really just perfect.

Those wingsuit challenges are a bitch tough. I aced all the Batman glide simulations in like 2-3 tries at most but I can't get above 3 gears in the wingsuit. One thing to note though: With all the challenges, you actually can use your unlocked upgrades and for the destruction ones you often have options beyond the thing you're "supposed" to use. Like there's a sniper rifle challenge that seemed painfully bad until I realized it counted if I blew stuff up with the helicopter that spawns right next to you instead.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Put the bluray into my PS4, patch downloaded fine, then the game installation hung at 51%. Not sure why they felt the need to use their own installer instead of the PS4's built in one, but I had to delete the whole thing and start over, including re-downloading the 2.7GB patch.

Not exactly a promising start here...

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Badly optimized on AMD cards and both consoles + same gameplay tropes as last game

If you liked Just Cause 3 you'll probably like this, as long as you're playing on PC on an Nvidia card.

spronk

FPS noob
its ok, the story is pretty thin and its very similar to all the open world games out this year. its hella fun doing insane stunts with the tools they provide, but playing in the sandbox gets boring after a bit.

load times are atrocious on console, and you do end up spending a lot of time in there especially for stuff like challenges, races, etc.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got bored with it almost immediately, haven't even loaded it up in like a week now. Based on ~20 hours, mostly ignoring the predictably awful story, I'd give it about a 6.

Every bad thing they said about the PS4 version is true: load times, frame drops, etc. I don't think all that stuff magically going away would add more than a point to my score though. I've taken over a bunch of regions, and I don't feel like there's many more ways I can blow shit up. By the time I took over the first one it was already in rinse and repeat mode. The explosions are pretty, but that's not enough to carry an entire game.

My advice, wait for a sale if you're still on the fence. Preferably like 66-75% off. Can't even recommend a rental of it, due to how terrible the console versions are.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have it on PC and I'd rate it 8/10 probably. It's just a strictly better game than Just Cause 2 as far as I've experienced. My played hours says something like 35+ but it's probably closer to 15-20 considering I've left it paused running errands and working a bunch of times, and I'm still having fun. Plan to finish the story before moving on to something else.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm a dozen hours in and have done like 4 missions, lol.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Game isn't that bad. Just like JC2 it's fun just fucking about. I think the lesson to take away from this thread is LOL consoles, get this on PC.