Just Cause 3

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Fuck all that noise. I wish they'd do another Mercenaries game. I've never had more fun co-oping a game than I did Mercenaries 2. Just mindless, hilarious, destructive fun. It still chaps my ass that #3 ended up getting cancelled.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Some new trailers. Played Just Cause 2 a couple months ago so I'm looking forward to this.

On a Mission:

Dev Diary Who is Rico:

Dev Diary Destruction:

spronk

FPS noob
lot of reports the xbox one and PS4 versions of this game have some severe technical issues, like insanely long loading times (3-5 mins game start times, 2+ mins load game), massive FPS drops and screen tearing.

i'm ass deep in a bunch of games so passing on this, especially since its not part of the best buy preorder program. but you may wanna hold off on picking it up until some more reviews come out

be kind of ironic if the PC version is flawless and the console versions are junk, sort of a reverse Arkham Knight

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
be kind of ironic if the PC version is flawless and the console versions are junk, sort of a reverse Arkham Knight
I used my refund monies from Arkham Knight to purchase this on PC.

I watched Total Biscuit stream it yesterday for a good couple hours. It ran flawlessly.

Its going be repetitive just like Just Cause 2, but fun.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's a day 1 patch so all those people playing it early supposedly still had an unoptimized version, according to the devs. Who knows. PC review footage has always looked fine though yea.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Did some reading, and apparently people have had a lot of trouble replicating the multi minute load times. Most are saying they are 30-60 seconds, which is still high but not insane. Apparently it's a lot better if you play in 'offline' mode. We'll see what the day 1 reviews say.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did some reading, and apparently people have had a lot of trouble replicating the multi minute load times. Most are saying they are 30-60 seconds, which is still high but not insane. Apparently it's a lot better if you play in 'offline' mode. We'll see what the day 1 reviews say.
That's about 5 minutes shorter than GTA V load times.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Thats according to the mod on the steam forums who is also the mod for the reddit Just Cause 3 forum and works for Avalanche, so I'm assuming its correct.

That also means the timer on Steam proper is incorrect.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I shipped FO4 back to Gamefly on Friday and by some miracle they actually received it and shipped out Just Cause 3 for PS4 this morning. Not looking forward to it as much as I was though, after reading this:Just Cause 3 Load Times and Frame Rate on PS4 Are Bloody Awful - The Games Cabin

I'm not familiar with that site, but observing load times and frame rates isn't exactly rocket science so it's probably true. There's a video at the end of the article showing the patched version taking 3.5 minutes to load after a death. Not as bad as the xbone reports but still... that's like twice as long as Bloodborne took to load at its worst, and that was awful.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
It seems it unlocks at 7PM EST tonight from steam. 20 minutes to random acts of destruction!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

Not unlocked yet. Dunno whats up.

Scratch that, its unlocking now. Not on my SSD, so got a half hour to unlock (boo hoo)

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Initial load took forever but I think it was because of the stupid Square account thing. After that first screen getting into the game/retries after failing a mission objective was faster then a Fallout 4 load after dieing and I haven't even moved it over to my SSD yet. Played a half hour or so and performance is pretty good on my rig at 1440p on a 970gtx and an i7 3770k. Settings are at max and getting around mid 50s fps with no dips yet when blowing shit up. Going to try it out on my Steam link tomorrow to see how it handles a game with this much stuff going on.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Pretty much the same for me. Initial load took like...waaaay too long, but after that, no problemo on load times (on pc), game runs a solid 50 fps without any hitches on sli 970s on an i5. I always turn off motion blur but everything else is maxed out.