Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stalking/following led to the crime of either second degree murder or manslaughter. That Miami-Herald op-ed was great and an example of how things will slowly move if Zimmerman gets off.
i still don't follow why following TM was necessarily out of bounds. he called police to report TMs whereabouts... TM was on the move so GZ kept up with him

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The stalking/following led to the crime of either second degree murder or manslaughter. That Miami-Herald op-ed was great and an example of how things will slowly move if Zimmerman gets off.
The completely legal following of a person who Zimmerman then stopped following which led to a violent criminal tracking Zimmerman down and assaulting him, which led to a justified homicide.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
BTW Zimmerman wanted to take the stand. This is what he was going to say...

we live in a world that has streets. And those streets have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Judge Pudge? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Trayvon and you curse me. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Trayvon's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that street. You need me on that street. We use words like honor, skittles, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the hoodie of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
i still don't follow why following TM was necessarily out of bounds. he called police to report TMs whereabouts... TM was on the move so GZ kept up with him
Its not out of bounds... following people in public places is perfectly legal. Don't feed the trolls

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
What's funny is we've bought into the whole following thing and concentrating on it, because the obvious answer is, So? That's not illegal and he was in his right, which is true. But didn't Martin kind of blindside him in the first place? Zimmerman didn't even know where Martin was, so I don't see how he could be following him. I hope the jury doesn't even focus on it. and focuses on the actual confrontation, which is what matters.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
From my understanding, Zimmerman was following Martin. I assume Martin was aware of this and was trying to get away from him. Zimmerman called 911, they said stop following him. He either returned to his car, or was already there. 4 minutes elapse. Trayvon makes it to his father's house (while on the phone with Shonequa), then hangs up and decides 'Fuck this' and turns round and starts heading back to Zimmerman. Has this been disputed? If Zimmerman stopped following him by either returning to his car or staying where he was, and Martin turned around and went back to ask him "Hey you got a problem? Well you do now" then what the fuck?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
From my understanding, Zimmerman was following Martin. I assume Martin was aware of this and was trying to get away from him. Zimmerman called 911, they said stop following him. He either returned to his car, or was already there. 4 minutes elapse. Trayvon makes it to his father's house (while on the phone with Shonequa), then hangs up and decides 'Fuck this' and turns round and starts heading back to Zimmerman. Has this been disputed? If Zimmerman stopped following him by either returning to his car or staying where he was, and Martin turned around and went back to ask him "Hey you got a problem? Well you do now" then what the fuck?
Thats the thing, the only evidence of what happened is exactly this, which is what Zimmerman says happened. The only other thing you can do is just make up evidence and say to yourself "thats not what happened!" and put your fingers in your ears. There is no evidence of anything else happening other than exactly that.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Well isn't it possible that Zimmmmerman is a hate filled racist that stalked a child with racial profiling?

It's possible isn't it?

The prosecution rests.

khalid

Unelected Mod
You mods need to give Numbers a warning for trolling or some shit.
It is sad that a case is so one-sided that only a troll at this point could really believe that GZ should be convicted. I would say that maybe we are all just biased for some reason, yet we have people from the left and right in this thread. At this point, literally only Numbers thinks he should be convicted of anything.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
rrr_img_35679.jpg

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
Your mother gave me AIDS. However, I don't see how having a differing opinion is a troll attempt. People and politicians can change the standards of what is a crime at any time.
Yeah, they can change laws going forward, sure. But the Constitution forbids Ex Post Facto Laws, so a change would have no effect on this trial

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, they can change laws going forward, sure. But the Constitution forbids Ex Post Facto Laws, so a change would have no effect on this trial
That and criminalizing "following someone" would be unconstitutionally vague.

khalid

Unelected Mod
So if GZ gets convicted, does that set a precedent that I can shoot anyone I suspect might be following me when I'm out walking my dog? Or can I only do that if we are of different races?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
So if GZ gets convicted, does that set a precedent that I can shoot anyone I suspect might be following me when I'm out walking my dog? Or can I only do that if we are of different races?
Better shoot the dog too, and claim you feared for your safety. The cops will understand that right away

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It is sad that a case is so one-sided that only a troll at this point could really believe that GZ should be convicted. I would say that maybe we are all just biased for some reason, yet we have people from the left and right in this thread. At this point, literally only Numbers thinks he should be convicted of anything.
We've got zero idea what they said to each other right before that fight started or if they said anything at all but I just have this mental image of Zimmmmmerman trying to grab Trayvon's arm and a fight starting. I also don't really buy that Trayvon made a grab for his gun. It's very possible that Trayvon was in the process of skittling back after Zimmmmmmerman got it out and Zimmmmmmmerman still pulled the trigger. I don't think for a moment that the burden of beyond a reasonable doubt has been met in this case for either murder or manslaughter nor am I so convinced in my impression of the people and the situation to believe I'm spot on with my guess. But I just can't shake this image of Zimerman reaching to grab Trayvon.

The jury doesn't even know that manslaughter in which a firearm was used carries a maximum sentence of 30 years. I could never, ever find him guilty of that if I knew.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
If convicted, I would love to see the guy who made the 4th of July youtube video try to pull a Trayvon on people following him - "Am I being detained, Cracka?!?!?!?!?"

Status
Not open for further replies.