shitlord
I can see Detroit from here.

smile.png
Not for much longer
smile.png

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Well, it was the media that made him a "public figure", wasn't it? It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

For the record, Hodj, I didn't give you enough credit for your explanation on how the media's portrayal of events shaped people's initial impressions on what happened. Sorry I got a bit defensive.
Dude its the internet, don't worry bout it.

iannis

Musty Nester
I don't think there will be widespread riots. I do think that parts of Florida are going to see some small ones, even if the verdict is manslaughter. And that is entirely the fault of mass media and first resort yellow journalism. That isn't even on the State of Flori-duh or a questionable gun law.

It's not Rodney King.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Assuming Zimmerman gets off, his best bet for leading a normal life after this circus is to leave the country. No one overseas gives a shit about any of this and he'd be a regular nobody.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I can't wait to start hammering people on fb/twitter that were extreme about whom was guilty/not guilty before seeing/hearing any evidence. The media can go fuck themselves as well, can't believe how much bullshit they get away with.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I honestly think the big race riot will be when someone opens fire on a flash mob robbery. I don't think it'll be that long from now. Its inevitable with the frequency its happening.
You're aware that that particular video was not of a flash mob robbery, right?
Social media announces a big fight, a large number of kids come to watch, a few fight. One minor injury, some yelling and running, no weapons (except a traffic cone, I guess), no mention of any theft or property damage, no arrests. Don't get me wrong, the "event" was pure stupidity, but hardly something worth "opening fire" over.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Watching this trial is fucking depressing. All these news networks ridiculed Jerry Springer and his show, now they have become the Jerry Springer show. These fucking so called experts clearly made up their mind before the trial started and try to spin shit to which ever side they want to win.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Watching this trial is fucking depressing. All these news networks ridiculed Jerry Springer and his show, now they have become the Jerry Springer show. These fucking so called experts clearly made up their mind before the trial started and try to spin shit to which ever side they want to win.
Yup. I've been watching on the WPTV link because it has ZERO so called journalists giving any opinions or anything on it. Its just a straight link up to the court room. Even that is probably more than should be allowed, but the media has turned this into OJ 2.5.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I honestly think the big race riot will be when someone opens fire on a flash mob robbery. I don't think it'll be that long from now. Its inevitable with the frequency its happening.
hopefully we shoot a couple hundred in Chicago the next time they decide to storm the Magnificent Mile and harass tourists and families.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
You're aware that that particular video was not of a flash mob robbery, right?
Social media announces a big fight, a large number of kids come to watch, a few fight. One minor injury, some yelling and running, no weapons (except a traffic cone, I guess), no mention of any theft or property damage, no arrests. Don't get me wrong, the "event" was pure stupidity, but hardly something worth "opening fire" over.
Assumed it was a flash robbery but the statement still stands. Don't misunderstand either, I'm not saying you should open fire or its justified. I'm saying the guy who does is going to cause the real riots. There will be some over the Zimmerman trial but there are worse things brewing IMO.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
I would like to thank this new witness for reminding me that I did shit in this life.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
this happened only 5 days ago, and it was over nothing.
The amazing thing here is toward the end, when they showed SWAT with assault rifles and nobody with one of those riot shields. Way to bring the wrong tool for the job, unless the idea was to just gun down 200 teenagers...

edit: also, I hope The Newsroom gets renewed for a third season just to cover this BS. I liked the Casey Anthony episode(s)...

Status
Not open for further replies.