Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
All you morons complaining about posts, are doing more to shit things up than any opinion I can muster that you don't happen to like.

antha124

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm interested in the case because, to me, it seems insane that he is even on trial. I think about it and put myself in that situation and think of what would happen if this happened to me.
Here's a twist.. imagine he was actually a cop, think he would still be put on trial like this? Or justified?

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Your mother gave me AIDS. However, I don't see how having a differing opinion is a troll attempt. People and politicians can change the standards of what is a crime at any time.
rrr_img_35538.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think this wraps up today. These people like us have already made up their minds. They want to get the fuck home and out of there. This is of course counting on that they all agree, I just don't see how you can convict him with no evidence and simply from an emotional plea. Then again I was certain O'J would be found guilty and I was wrong as hell.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I honestly think both the parties were irresponsible in this case. Zim was irresponsible for stalking this kid instead of just calling the cops and walking away. And Trey was irresponsible for attacking him like a thug hood instead of running home or confronting Zim in another way other than attacking him.

But from what i heard he killed him in selfe defense. Therefore he is innocent. Its a sad tragedy that happened from BOTH the parties actions that day.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/07/1...ng-loaded.html

Let's examine the undisputed evidence:

1. The man thought the teen looked suspicious.

2. The man called the police to report his suspicions about the teen.

3. The man was told by the police not to chase and pursue the teen.

4. The man decided to chase and pursue the teen anyway.

5 . The man was carrying a loaded gun.

6. The teen was not carrying a gun.

7. The teen was not carrying any weapon.

8. The teen was carrying candy.

9. The teen was not committing any crime.

10. The teen was not trespassing, as he was walking toward his father's condo.

11. The man and the teen met in a physical confrontation.

12. The man and the teen fought, wrestled to the ground, and punches were exchanged.

13. The man shot the teen with his gun.

14. The man shot the teen while both were on the ground.

15. The shot from the man's gun killed the teen.

16. There is no evidence that the teen was committing a crime or about to commit any crime.

17. But for the man chasing and pursuing the teen, there would have been no physical confrontation.

18. But for the physical confrontation, there would have been no fight.

19. But for the fight, the man would not have shot the teen.

20. But for the shot, the teen would be alive.

The man's actions created a course of conduct that led to a dangerous situation: the physical confrontation and the fight. The dangerous situation subjected the man and the teen to the risk of death or injury, as the man was carrying a loaded gun.

Manslaughter is defined as: "The killing of a human being by the?.?.?.?culpable negligence of another, without lawful justification?.?.?.?"

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
However, I don't see how having a differing opinion is a troll attempt. People and politicians can change the standards of what is a crime at any time.
No they cannot. They can try to do it and then when they do it is taken before the branch of government designed specifically to protect against what you propose. We have a rule of law in this country and two of its most basic principles are that the defendent is innocent until proven guilty and that the burden of proof is on the prosecution. Most everyone in this thread agree that the prosecution has not met the burden of proof in the only place that matters, the courtroom. You keep giving your opinion of somthing that has no actual proof to back it up. Most of us in this thread couldn't care less about the color of the skin of anyone involved, all we care about is the precedent this sets for similar circumstances going forward.

You're either bored and trolling or willingly ingnorant of the judicial process and its ramifications on our lives.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If anything comes out of this trail it should be this. Dispatch, 911, 311 whatever should tell whoever is calling to stay in their house, car, business, wherever. They should tell them this right away with no hesitation. If that would have been done then none of this would have ever happened.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So basically, the only way to even hope to make a legitimate case out of this is to 6 degrees of separation to Kevin Bacon all the evidence into a convoluted mix where doing something legal "Following someone suspicious" is legal justification for Martin to attack Zimmerman, and also, simultaneously, removes from Zimmerman all rights to self defense in the process?

Sure is stretching round here.

Notice that even the statute for manslaughter, as cited, states "Without lawful justification."

You have lawful justification to follow someone who you suspect is committing a crime while you report their whereabouts to the police.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
And an opposing group will immediately take it to court for judicial review. You sleep through your civics class?
Judicial review of what? Definitions of various crimes? At one point the U.S. didn't have tons of mandatory minimum sentences and now you do. Who do you think changed those statutes? Politicians maybe be voted out of office for being "weak" on crime, but judicial review, while it may be successful in changing some things isn't the panacea that you seem to think it is.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Judicial review of what? Definitions of various crimes? At one point the U.S. didn't have tons of mandatory minimum sentences and now you do. Who do you think changed those statutes? Politicians maybe be voted out of office for being "weak" on crime, but judicial review, while it may be successful in changing some things isn't the panacea that you seem to think it is.
Mandatory minimum sentences are part of a law like any other in the U.S. They can be appealed and struck down if they are found to be unconstitutional. They are under review by the Supreme Court right now. If a politician tried to make a law where someone was found criminally liable for defending themself from someone who attacked them just for following and or saying something to the attacker it would be struck down since it isn't illegal to follow or talk to someone.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Perfect example of stalking is all the Paparazzi following any famous person. Just because they relentlessly stalk the famous people, sometimes to the edge of their sanity, they are not committing a crime and can defend themselves when attacked by one of the famous people. Which happens from time to time.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
You have no idea what would and wouldn't get struck down. If they wanted to get rid of stand your ground laws, then that is completely within their right as members of the state assembly. By what reasoning would that be overturned by judicial review?

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Perfect example of stalking is all the Paparazzi following any famous person. Just because they relentlessly stalk the famous people, sometimes to the edge of their sanity, they are not committing a crime and can defend themselves when attacked by one of the famous people. Which happens from time to time.
So if Zimmerman is found guilty, it sets precedent for celebrities to turn around and beat the life out of paparazzi or fans that follow them? Almost makes me want to see GZ fry.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i see the trolls are shitting up this thread again. ill be glad when this bullshit case is over. also before the verdict comes out, why on earth did the defense allow an all woman jury to decide this shit? in a case painted as "a big bad man killed a baby eating candy" isnt it likely one or more of their maternal instincts will rear up and vote to convict GZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.