Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Couldn't they try him for violating Travyon's civil rights or some shit?
If he's found guilty, you might see the Justice Department slap some sort of hate crime on him.

But honestly I doubt it. At this point everyone just wants this to go away.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
No, double jeopardy, Zimmerman could walk out on the courthouse steps and, ala what I always dreamed OJ would do when exonerated, admit to hunting down Martin and killing him in cold blood and there's literally jack fucking shit anyone can do about it (except shoot him).
Well...They could go after him in Civil court...Turn him into a pauper and destroy his ability to profit from his crime.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
some of the arguments im hearing is that GZ was in the wrong because he didnt tell TM that he was armed. beyond the obvious that TM shouldnt be attacking anyone, wouldnt it be illegal for a person with a CCP to tell someone approaching them that they have a gun?

Kaines

Potato Supreme
No, double jeopardy, Zimmerman could walk out on the courthouse steps and, ala what I always dreamed OJ would do when exonerated, admit to hunting down Martin and killing him in cold blood and there's literally jack fucking shit anyone can do about it (except shoot him).
Actually if he did that I would expect the State to seek an indictment on Murder 1. No double jeopardy would apply in that case.

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
some of the arguments im hearing is that GZ was in the wrong because he didnt tell TM that he was armed. beyond the obvious that TM shouldnt be attacking anyone, wouldnt it be illegal for a person with a CCP to tell someone approaching them that they have a gun?
Yeah, in texas at least, you can't tell anyone you're carrying except a police officer who asks.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Telling someone you're carrying a gun is probably illegal whether you're carrying a gun or not. It's also a really stupid thing to do whether you're carrying a gun or not.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I know in Ohio you're required to inform an officer if you have concealed carry when you get pulled over. Otherwise I'd imagine it's illegal to just tell people you have a gun.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is it illegal to tell someone you don't have a gun but then wink, nod with a creepy smile while pointing at your genitals?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_threatening

It's a felony. I mean it's a bit of a stretch to prove that it's reasonable for me to feel terrorized or whatever the fuck just from you mentioning that you have a gun, but since the situation is likely already a tense one if you feel the need to mention your gun, then yeah it becomes less of a stretch.

It's also just real dumb to announce you have a gun, because you make yourself more of a target in a dangerous situation. Like say if some kid in a hoodie was walking up on me after we'd had some sort of verbal exchange a few minutes earlier, and I perceived him to be intent on violence, I damn sure wouldn't be like 'back off dude I have a gun' cause maybe he does too and now instead of trying to jump me, he's gonna try and shoot me. Or knowing I have a gun, he's gonna focus on trying to find and take my gun away instead of just trying to assault me.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_threatening

It's a felony. I mean it's a bit of a stretch to prove that it's reasonable for me to feel terrorized or whatever the fuck just from you mentioning that you have a gun, but since the situation is likely already a tense one if you feel the need to mention your gun, then yeah it becomes less of a stretch.
Yeah, that's where people go wrong and the police get called.

OH YEAH WELL I HAVE A GUN SO JUST TRY IT

And off to jail you go.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yep, i can only imagine bad things coming of informing someone that you are armed. even if they dont attack you. all it takes is when the cops arrived little trey trey tells the cops. he said he has a gun and was gonna shoot me! then cops let go TM and book GZ and maybe give him a little stick time.

Status
Not open for further replies.