Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So what you're saying is that your interpretation of the evidence is more valid than Josh Marshall's or anyone else's?
Eddard-Ned-Stark-game-of-thrones-18621833-1280-720.jpg

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What is this For Want of a Nail nonsense? This is a case about self defense. Self defense, if applicable, is an absolute defense against homicide. If Trayvon started the fight than it's not relevant that Zimmerman was tailing him, that he wasn't engaged in any legal activity, or that he was unarmed. He got to his father's house, doubled back, and beat the shit out of Zimmmerman to the point where Zimmerman thought his life was in danger (and it was).

Or you think Zimmerman either initiated the fight or was not justified in the amount of force he used. Maybe Trayvon was the one calling for help, or maybe he ceased his attack once he saw the gun and got shot anyway.

That's it.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
I've been unable to find any stats on the trial and how many objections were brought forth by each side, and whether or not they were overruled or sustained by the judge. Those numbers obviously need to be taken with a grain of salt, but I'm still curious.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
You are aware Zim is not arguing SYG? He is arguing pure self defense. I don't know what to tell you if you think that any court would rule the act of following someone or saying something to somone as giving up your right to defend yourself from physical attack.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
He is arguing that if you have a gun (even legally) and you pursue someone, you are responsible for all actions regardless of what happens (they attack you, car hits them, lightning strikes, etc). Basically all guns = outlawed. Either incredibly left wing liberal, or troll. I vote troll.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Let?s examine the undisputed evidence:

1. The man thought the teen looked suspicious.

2. The man called the police to report his suspicions about the teen.

3. The man was told by the police not to chase and pursue the teen.

4. The man ceased pursing and was headed back to his car.

5 . The man was carrying a loaded gun.

6. The teen was not carrying a gun.

7. The teen was not carrying any weapon.

8. The teen was carrying candy.

9. The teen was not committing any crime.

10. The teen was not trespassing, as he was walking toward his father?s condo.

11. The teen attacked the man.

12. The man and the teen fought, the teen mounted the man and proceeded to punch him in the face repeatidly as well as smash his head on the concrete.

13. The man shot the teen with his gun.

14. The man shot the teen while the teen was ontop of him punching him in the face.

15. The shot from the man?s gun killed the teen.

16. The teen assaulted the man.

17. The man ceased pursuing the teen and if the teen would have just went home there would have been no physical confrontation.

18. But for the physical confrontation, there would have been no fight.

19. But for the fight, the man would not have shot the teen.

20. But for the shot, the teen would be alive.

Theteen'sactions created a course of conduct that led to a dangerous situation: the physical confrontation and the fight. The dangerous situation subjected the man and the teen to the risk of death or injury, as the man was carrying a loaded gun.

Selfdefense is defined as: ?The protection of one's person or property against some injury attempted by another.??
Fixed it for ya.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there is some serious mental illness going on in that trayvon page. i hope if they riot, they riot on the media and reporters who instigated this faked racial incident.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i see the trolls are shitting up this thread again. ill be glad when this bullshit case is over. also before the verdict comes out, why on earth did the defense allow an all woman jury to decide this shit? in a case painted as "a big bad man killed a baby eating candy" isnt it likely one or more of their maternal instincts will rear up and vote to convict GZ?
Because each side only has a limited ability to eliminate potential jurors from the pool? I assume they figured that ending up with an all woman jury was better than whatever jurors they eliminated.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If GZ is found not guilty is there any recourse for the state to appeal that decision?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
No, double jeopardy, Zimmerman could walk out on the courthouse steps and, ala what I always dreamed OJ would do when exonerated, admit to hunting down Martin and killing him in cold blood and there's literally jack fucking shit anyone can do about it (except shoot him).

hazenphilly_sl

shitlord
They said on TV one of the jury is crying during Trayvons momma testimony... I think they gonna get Zimmerman on manslaughter charge... they fucked up putting all women on the jury.

I have a question about the jury... When your jury is men and women do they ever hook up?

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There has to be grounds for an appeal. While the defense has like, what, four? so far, I've seen none for the prosecution /shrug

They *can* prosecute him again on new charges if they can think some up. Guess it depends how vindictive they are trying to be.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
I don't think the state can appeal Not Guilty. Double Jeopardy has attached, and he can't be tried again for the same crime (or lesser, manslaughter etc).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If GZ is found not guilty is there any recourse for the state to appeal that decision?
Can the state appeal if the defendant wins at trial?

Generally, no. If the jury (or judge, if there is no jury) finds the defendant not guilty after a trial, the Constitution prevents the state from seeking an appeal. The state can appeal under other extraordinary circumstances, such as when a court grants a defendant's motion to suppress evidence, when a court finds that the defendant is not competent to be tried, or when the court grants a judgment of acquittal prior to the end of trial or after the jury finds the defendant guilty.
Granted that's from the Missouri AG webpage, but since double jeopardy is a national thing, I doubt it's that different in Florida. Seeing as how the judge sided with the state on almost everything, they really have no grounds at all for an appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.