Justice for Zimmerman

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
plz read before commenting:
rrr_img_36167.jpg

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
The one thing to learn from this trial, the media will do anything for viewers and ratings. How do you hold them accountable for sensationalizing and essentially pressuring the state to hold a trial without infringing on their right to free speech though?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I only half followed the other thread because Tanoomba and Dumar's retardation was practically unbearable, and I also don't really care how this trial turns out (hint: it'll be bad either way).

That said, it makes me absolutely sick that every second of this trial is being televised, analyzed, and repeated ad nausem. I just walked into the kitchen area at work where we have our big TV, and 1/3 of the office is standing there drinking coffee and gawking at it. What the fuck is wrong with the USA that justice has turned into fucking reality TV shows? I know this isn't the first time it's happened (Hi, O.J!) but it serously pisses me off. Cameras should NEVER be allowed into a real courtroom. Leave that shit for Judge Judy.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The one thing to learn from this trial, the media will do anything for viewers and ratings. How do you hold them accountable for sensationalizing and essentially pressuring the state to hold a trial without infringing on their right to free speech though?
The media will do anything for viewers and ratings is right, the only thing you can do to stop it is to not watch it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I only half followed the other thread because Tanoomba and Dumar's retardation was practically unbearable, and I also don't really care how this trial turns out (hint: it'll be bad either way).

That said, it makes me absolutely sick that every second of this trial is being televised, analyzed, and repeated ad nausem. I just walked into the kitchen area at work where we have our big TV, and 1/3 of the office is standing there drinking coffee and gawking at it. What the fuck is wrong with the USA that justice has turned into fucking reality TV shows? I know this isn't the first time it's happened (Hi, O.J!) but it serously pisses me off. Cameras should NEVER be allowed into a real courtroom. Leave that shit for Judge Judy.
Same thing with the Jodi Arias case. It was a murder trial, that's it. That shit happens everyday, yet they forcefeed these high-profile trials down our throats for some reason. It's pretty dumb.

I think back and I remember when the OJ trial was on. My mom worked as a babysitter and watched that trial every single goddamn day, all day long. When I think back, that was like a year of her life wasted. Jesus.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
oh if only my fetishes were broadcast on TV, but we mainly copy the shit the US MTV "culture" spits out.

Arakkis

N00b
I think it's very important for high profile cases to be televised. With the level of scrutiny this trial is getting it will be impossible for all but the most disgusting race baiters to claim the trial was unfair. The media spread all manner of bullshit about what led to that kid getting shot and all the evidence needs to be presented in as public a manner as possible.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Well, when I was in germany, every time we turned on the hotel TV, it started on the Yule Log channel. So, I mean, that's not all bad.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Before the thread got rickshawed, I asked whether anyone thought Zimmerman would testify.

Given that the prosecution put Zimmerman's entire statement out there and then had both police officers that question him say they believed his story, I really don't see any point of them putting Zimmerman on the stand. The prosecution at this point can only win if they can brand him a racist. They have clearly failed so far. The only chance they really have is to trip him up badly on the stand.

However, I am no expert. Do juries tend to see people that don't take the stand as trying to hide guilt? I don't know.

TheProfessor

Golden Knight of the Realm
I didn't manage to put on the trial until now, but I recently read that the judge accepted the prosecutors strike to remove the detective's testimony in which he says he believed zimmerman to be credible. Can anyone elaborate on that for me?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Does that shit really work? I mean, if I'm a juror and a prosecution witness says the defendant's testimony was credible, that sure is going to bias me. Regardless of what a judge says after the fact.

iannis

Musty Nester
Pre Rickshaw Era (P.R.E.) I asked if he's charged with any lesser secondary offense. From what I know it sounds like manslaughter would be a reasonable crime to charge him with (the point being I suppose that the gun law allows what he did to not be manslaughter -- forcing you to charge him with murder). But while that (may be?) true a murder charge is somewhat obviously sensationalist bullshit for what seems to have actually happened.

But does the jury even have that option? Someone said at one point that he's facing ONE charge -- Murder 2. And with how slapdash the trial seems to be, I find it credible they didn't include lesser charges. If he isn't charged with manslaughter the jury isn't allowed to even consider manslaughter, now is it?

N_ggers

Status
Not open for further replies.