Potato del Grande
The Koreans were ready for Chimpout 1992. Will they be ready for Chimpout 2013
rrr_img_34618.jpg

rrr_img_34619.jpg

rrr_img_34620.jpg

rrr_img_34621.jpg

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
I have asked people every day what it is about the Trayvon Martin killing that gets it in the press. Is it the racial angle? If so, why doesn't this case get any press?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...d-infant-dead/

Two black teenagers shot a BABY because its mother wouldn't give them money.
hyper violent black v other crime isn't news it's everyday life

need a youtube music video for this one please

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
I have asked people every day what it is about the Trayvon Martin killing that gets it in the press. Is it the racial angle? If so, why doesn't this case get any press?

It's about castle doctrine, stand your ground, and conceal and carry laws. Jesse jackson's son had been running an unsuccessful campaign trying to brand those 3 laws racist because they lead to more black people dying than other ethnic groups. When this bullshit story broke his dad and sharpton rushed down and did the reverend thing and successfully got a lot of the dumber black people behind them. Liberals had to follow suit to protect their hold on the black vote, some cunt edited the 911 call to make it sound racist, everyone was using some 7 year old pic of traytray to make it look like some little kid was shot, blah blah blah appeals to emotion and here we are. The link you posted has no use as political propaganda for the liberals and fox news is too excited about being on the winning side of the traytray nonsense to notice.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The whole story started with Facebook post with a picture of Trayvon when he was 11-12. With the story being that a cute little 11-12 year old black kid was shot in southern town and the police refuse to arrest the whiteman who shot him. That was the entire story no need for any other facts after that point.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

To be fair, that was just a retarded robbery/murder and there isn't much more to discuss. The mother survived and witnessed it. The two shitheads who did it are almost assuredly going to prison.

The Trayvon case has not only the racial overtones(almost all brought about by the black community, mind you), but there is also the Florida gun laws at the heart of the discussion which is a pretty hot topic these days. This is all compounded by the fact that we only have Zimmerman's account of the night, thus making a lot of stupid conjecture from all angles.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
The answer is lack of controversy, isn't it? No one disputes that two subhuman baby murders should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. The Trayvon case has lots of controversy to go around. A controversial application of a controversial law in a racially charged situation. And then the media throws fuel on the fire by making Trayvon look like a cute little 11 year old kid instead of a hulking 17 year old that was in trouble often.

EDIT: whoops, looks like Soy already covered most of this. I should refresh more often.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
To be fair, that was just a retarded robbery/murder and there isn't much more to discuss. The mother survived and witnessed it. The two shitheads who did it are almost assuredly going to prison.

The Trayvon case has not only the racial overtones(almost all brought about by the black community, mind you), but there is also the Florida gun laws at the heart of the discussion which is a pretty hot topic these days. This is all compounded by the fact that we only have Zimmerman's account of the night, thus making a lot of stupid conjecture from all angles.
This type of application of self-defense gun law isn't controversial at all, many states have castle doctrine self defense (which is like one peg down the meter from SYG) and have resulted in probably... hundreds of minorities being shot by whites and no story. I don't know if you remember but in Texas there was a story about a homeowner who saw 2 guys robbing the house next door, he calls 911, they say they are coming, he's still on the line with them. He tells the 911 operator "well, you're not here yet, and they are coming out. I can't let them get away. I gotta go take care of this. *loads shotgun*" He hangs up and goes and shoots and kills both of them as they exit the house. They were 18-19 year old minorities, don't remember if black or hispanic.

Guy was not arrested, charged, or handled in any way.

No controversy. Why do we give a fuck about Trayvon Martin? Other than media hype for no good reason?

And really, if we follow the evidence, is there absolutely anything controversial about applying self-defense in the Zimmerman case anyway? If you believe the actual evidence in the case and don't just take wild guesses at what happened, Trayvon attacked him and continued attacking for some period of time until he was shot. This isn't a controversial application of self defense at all.

TheProfessor

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was under the impression that they Trayvon case isn't about Castle Doctrine or Stand Your Ground. I thought it was more on just straight self-defense. Unless I'm wrong, is the Stand Your Ground laws just straight synonymous with self-defense? I realize STG laws have to do with self-defense; is there anyone that can paint a picture as to what the difference is between just self-defense and SYG?

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I was under the impression that they Trayvon case isn't about Castle Doctrine or Stand Your Ground. I thought it was more on just straight self-defense. Unless I'm wrong, is the Stand Your Ground laws just straight synonymous with self-defense? I realize STG laws have to do with self-defense; is there anyone that can paint a picture as to what the difference is between just self-defense and SYG?
All just depends on how many conditions you have to meet before deadly force in self defense is legal. With stand your ground self defense, there's practically none; you just have to be in fear of great bodily injury or death. In other states, you might have a duty to retreat, duty to let them escape, duty to de-escalate, deadly force may only be usable if they are also using deadly force (i.e. you cannot bring a gun to a fistfight unless you have some disability) etc... Florida and a few other states have made self defense very straightforward in that respect.

In California for example, even if you shoot a home invader, you can count on getting arrested and prosecuted for murder because self defense there is (or used to be, I'm not current on their laws) notoriously hard to prove.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I think the Defense declined to employ SYG as a justification for the shooting, in order to not make the case about the Florida SYG laws.

Could be wrong but that's what I've heard/read.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I think the Defense declined to employ SYG as a justification for the shooting, in order to not make the case about the Florida SYG laws.

They just didn't employ the special hearing Florida allows which prevents self-defense claimants from being charged. They probably did this in an attempt to avoid riots/controversy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I thought it was proven that GZ did in fact retreat and it was TM who went looking for him? Its really gonna be interesting to see how retarded this all female jury will be. I expect at least some kind of conviction or hung jury due to fear of reprisals from black people. You gotta be a moron to agree to be on this jury, that or hiding an agenda

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This type of application of self-defense gun law isn't controversial at all, many states have castle doctrine self defense (which is like one peg down the meter from SYG) and have resulted in probably... hundreds of minorities being shot by whites and no story. I don't know if you remember but in Texas there was a story about a homeowner who saw 2 guys robbing the house next door, he calls 911, they say they are coming, he's still on the line with them. He tells the 911 operator "well, you're not here yet, and they are coming out. I can't let them get away. I gotta go take care of this. *loads shotgun*" He hangs up and goes and shoots and kills both of them as they exit the house. They were 18-19 year old minorities, don't remember if black or hispanic.

Guy was not arrested, charged, or handled in any way.

No controversy. Why do we give a fuck about Trayvon Martin? Other than media hype for no good reason?

And really, if we follow the evidence, is there absolutely anything controversial about applying self-defense in the Zimmerman case anyway? If you believe the actual evidence in the case and don't just take wild guesses at what happened, Trayvon attacked him and continued attacking for some period of time until he was shot. This isn't a controversial application of self defense at all.
Hey, I didn't say it was right or made sense, but those are the reasons the media is hyping it vs two shitbags killing a baby(ie: just another Tuesday in the ghetto).

Goatface

i read, GZ would had to testify before the judge in a SYG hearing and most likely would been denied just because no judge would want to make that call to prevent a trial. not sure if the ruling/testimony could be used at a trial but seemed like it could be.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
I love how people here just take it for granted that the judges will not do their responsibility under the law without a care in the world. Start telling people that these fucking cockroaches who won't do their job should be killed. You all need to change your way of thinking before things will get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.