Justice League (2017)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
When RT held their big reveal for the JL rating it was at 43. So it fell 5 pts from where it was earlier when it was leaked. It might have even "debuted" above 50 and without such a spotlight were it not for the gimmick treatment.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Damnit, its that time again to see a shit load of people on the internet not know how rotten tomatoes works....

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I'm very aware of how Rotten Tomatoes works, how the score is derived, and the fact that it's a fluid number. I'm speaking specifically about them delaying the availability of the rating (and the individual reviews that feed into it on their site) for the sake of some show they're trying to get eyeballs on.

• 1Picard

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
I'm very aware of how Rotten Tomatoes works, how the score is derived, and the fact that it's a fluid number. I'm speaking specifically about them delaying the availability of the rating (and the individual reviews that feed into it on their site) for the sake of some show they're trying to get eyeballs on.

Well, if WB wouldn't pussy about with review embargos and shit until 5 minutes before the release, RT and critics wouldn't need to do crazy stunts just to do what they're supposed to do and make their opinions available for the public so people can access other people's opinions (or aggregated opinions) before spending money.

Just do the normal thing with a few press screenings, let critics write their thing and have the rotten tomato score whatever it will be. If it's a month before the movie, the youtube and buzzfeed clickbait wave will probably be over by the time the movie hits theatres.

Not to mention that, ironically, few franchises/genres are as unaffected by review scores and RT scores as comic book movies and especially comic book cinematic universes. For your average stand-alone oscar-bait drama, box office returns can fluctuate by several 100% depending on good/bad reviews/vibes. For Batman/Transformers/Marvel/Star Wars/Jack Sparrow a good or bad RT makes almost zero difference.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Lol I won’t even see this with movie pass. The only way WB might learn is by these movies being massive failures.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
You are all bringing me down. I'm so excited to see it this weekend! I'm going to get some nachos, a big bag of sour patch kids, the largest diet coke they offer, a pretzel, and some kind of chocolate and enjoy the fuck out of this movie.

• 3Barf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
You are all bringing me down. I'm so excited to see it this weekend! I'm going to get some nachos, a big bag of sour patch kids, the largest diet coke they offer, a pretzel, and some kind of chocolate and enjoy the fuck out of this movie.
I mean... at this point does the diet Coke really make a difference? Or do you just like the diet flavor?

• 1Worf

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Sugar soda is like drinking maple syrup. I'd drink diet if they had equal calories. Considering its zero versus several zillion, its no contest.

• 1Solidarity

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well.....it's not a Zack Snyder movie at all. Very up beat, fast paced, many many joke moments, forgettable villain, the soundtrack was shit...yup, a marvel style movie.
And i was really digging his style. Yeah i know....you suck, he sucks, DC sucks,blablabla but at least was different.
the way superman returned was so....anti climatic lol

I know they cut like 40 minutes of footage, so probably there is some good stuff within that was left out.
Dreadful movie 3/10...SS is still the worst for me

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I was not talking about you at all, I'm talking about people in general all over the internet on other forums, facebook, youtube and such.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well.....it's not a Zack Snyder movie at all. Very up beat, fast paced, many many joke moments, forgettable villain, the soundtrack was shit...yup, a marvel style movie.
And i was really digging his style. Yeah i know....you suck, he sucks, DC sucks,blablabla but at least was different.
the way superman returned was so....anti climatic lol

I know they cut like 40 minutes of footage, so probably there is some good stuff within that was left out.
Dreadful movie 3/10...SS is still the worst for me

what about green lantern rumors?

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah, just got back as well. Not the huge dumpster fire I was sorta dreading going in based on internet comments. It wasn't great, but it wasn't BvS/SS levels of bad. Some fun moments, The Flash really saves the movie imo. You could totally tell there were two people in charge of the movie at different times, some scenes feel very somber and Snyder-y and then others feel more Marvel-y. The actual plot, story, bad guy, etc is just utter crap and it feels like a bunch of unconnected scenes with nearly zero connective tissue stitching it into a cohesive story/movie.

Still, overall glad I saw it in theaters, only a few times I was bored, there were a few scenes that I think were supposed to be semi serious but the audience just laughed.

Interesting trailer for the movie A Quiet Place, had a very TLOU vibe to it.

The audience also LOVED the new deadpool 2 trailer, thought it was a bit weird to put a Marvel-y movie trailer in front of a DC movie. Guess its theaters choice, not Warner Bros.

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
Surprised that some think this movie will tank despite being a flaming pile. Batman vs. Superman was garbage but pulled $870M+

This thing is going to make bank.