Justice League (2017)

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Something else that was terrible, the whole thing with the Amazons was horrible too. Like the fighting was bad, the action seemed slow, it was just weird. Fuck man.. I wanted this to be good so damn bad. :)

Lest we not forget...
"Hey, we're fighting a guy who can obviously teleport via these boom tubes. Our strategy should be to close doors and lock him in a room."

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rikkon

Lord Nagafen Raider
I liked it as a popcorn movie.

The issues with it are similar to BvS, in that there should have been more movies building up the characters rather than wasting a large portion of the movie introducing the cast, Snyder is a great visual director and a lousy story teller and the boss fight was anticlimactic because who is Steppenwolf? Why are we mad at him ?

Overall enjoyed it but it was no Thor ragnorak. Looking forward to seeing what they do next...is like to see Deathstroke...

Ps I thought the flash stole the show

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I was reading the reddit thread in r/movies on this. Insane how much a lot of them loved some of the worst shit. Like they're clamoring over the resurrection fight scene, which was pure fucking shit. .. I'm going to go see it again in next few days. I truly want to like this. Maybe the "extended edition" will be an improvement like BvS was.

Something else that was terrible, the whole thing with the Amazons was horrible too. Like the fighting was bad, the action seemed slow, it was just weird. Fuck man.. I wanted this to be good so damn bad. :)

Reddit is essentially tumblr now.

If you want the dumbest fuck most assbackwards opinion on just about any subject, head over to reddit. There are a few subs that are exceptions but it's pretty rare.

• 1Solidarity

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
ok so...
so for the most part this movie felt extra rushed. the cgi wasn't even that GREAT. >> IMO << i enjoyed the flash parts of the movie more then other for example when they brought back zombie superman and superman moved his eye and started to track his movements that shit was cool. steppen wolf was a badass expect for that last part. post credit race was fanboy for sure, lex however was meh i wanted to see darkside. Deathstroke looked the part.

humm. emo robot was emo. khal drogo was cool but they could have taking more time to show there back stories not this dumbshit they did...wasted.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Lest we not forget...
"Hey, we're fighting a guy who can obviously teleport via these boom tubes. Our strategy should be to close doors and lock him in a room."

No shit!! Good point! And even despite that, he's a huge uber powerful god and they were going to encase him in a stone building that he just knocked a hole in the wall to get out of it. Fucking STUPID! (I didn't bother to spoiler bc the movie is so shit.)

--

I honestly fucking hate that the movie was bad. I truly, TRULY, wanted to fucking love it, and to come here and tell you all how stupid you are for doubting it. It's so disappointing. And honestly it's not a shitty movie, it's just not good, and it could have been so much better. Honestly, how could any editor/producer/writer (whatever) have watched the scene where Steppenwolf stole the Atlantis cube and thought that was worthy of being anything in a big budget movie?

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I’ll be damned, I actually kinda liked it.

The story was a mess (you could tell cuts were made), and the villain was barely a character, but the heroes were actually fun, which was enough to somewhat save it for me. And honestly, the story might’ve actually worked if there had been even one more movie prior to this that served to establish the magic boxes as a thing—say, if they had done a Cyborg movie first—it may have made things feel less out of left field.

Overall, not as good as Wonder Woman, but better than the rest of DC’s fare.

• 1Barf

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was worse than BvS imo. Just got back, fuck, it feels even more forced since theres more characters to try and force in between these large plot moments. As others have said, seems rushed and tried to fit too much shit

3/10

• 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I also thought it was worse than BvS. BvS had fewer characters and they got more exposition and screen time. They were also less faggy.

BvS: Batman, Superman, WW, Doomsday, Lex Luthor
JL: All of the above + all these shit characters --> Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg, Steppenwolf,

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

fris

Vyemm Raider
Lex ruined BvS so hard that I can't put anything at that level

JL was ok, fun at times. I went in with very low expectations and came out happy.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Uhhhhhgggghhhh...I swear the movie was one big....

Slow mo pan fest. Lets take a long still here for no reason. Look serious! Now pan around em!

Then there was the absolute stupidity of some scenes. Like locking Steppenwolf in a building that he could pretty much PUNCH out of? Or you know getting LOUIS FUCKIN LANE ready when they woke up the most powerful being on the planet? Or maybe having the dudes MOTHER ready? Or you know have Superman make a fuckin DIAMOND or whatever dig up some gold to buy his mother a mansion?

The characters were not built up at all to give a fuck about them. We don't need Batman, Superman or WW backstory. But a LITTLE Cyborg and Aquaman?
On top of that they were mostly annoying.

Aquaman was annoying as fuck with his "Bro" every damn sentence. Or how they had Cyborg walking like Rick Flair getting into the ring. Batman as comic relief?
They did have a lot of WW ass shots though. That was good.

Steppenwolf was pretty badass I admit. I could see another movie with him in it. The CGI around him (and most of the CGI) was a little too obvious, but OK.

By far the best scene for me was Superman following the Flash with his eyes, and Superman trying to land punches.

Overall 6/10. Didn't suck ass, wasn't great. LITTLE better than BvsS because it didn't have a shitty ass Lex Luthor in it till credits.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Rerun

Molten Core Raider
I just saw it and I have to say it wasn’t suicide squad bad. It was more entertaining than BvS, but it wasn’t as good as Wonder Woman.
They did toss in too much stuff and splitting it into two movies with more meat would have been better.

Still, 7/10 on the superhero movie scale for me.
I enjoyed the characters and wasn’t bored.

• 2Picard
  • 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures

A bit early to call it that just yet. It's international numbers have been good enough for it to take in a little over $280 million world wide. If it has a decent hold through the long holiday weekend it could end up being one of those movies saved by the foreign box office (with saved meaning breaking even or turning in a slim profit in this case). Either way, it's definitely going to be a time of reflection and trying to figure where to go from here in the halls of WB over the holidays. The franchise is clearly on a downward trajectory financially.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I just saw it and I have to say it wasn’t suicide squad bad. It was more entertaining than BvS, but it wasn’t as good as Wonder Woman.
They did toss in too much stuff and splitting it into two movies with more meat would have been better.

Still, 7/10 on the superhero movie scale for me.
I enjoyed the characters and wasn’t bored.

Extending the resurrection fight, and ending the movie there would have been a perfect spot to split the movie in 2 parts

• 1Like
  • 1Barf

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Movie was pretty meh. I feel like if they were going to just skip a bunch of movies building their world then they should have just done it. Main villain is a side boss at best.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
BvS was almost good. Justice League suffers from too much style over substance as well.
I liked it as a popcorn movie.

The issues with it are similar to BvS, in that there should have been more movies building up the characters rather than wasting a large portion of the movie introducing the cast, Snyder is a great visual director and a lousy story teller and the boss fight was anticlimactic because who is Steppenwolf? Why are we mad at him ?

Overall enjoyed it but it was no Thor ragnorak. Looking forward to seeing what they do next...is like to see Deathstroke...

Ps I thought the flash stole the show
Agreed. 300 is great imo while the rest of his movies that I have watched lack something. Zack Snyder, JJ Abrams and Christopher Nolan are all in the same ball park & share the same kind of fluff.

Abrams is another good visual director, shitty storyteller. The only Abrams movie I have thoroughly liked is The Force Awakens and I attribute that more to Star Wars than to him. That movie is less flashy, the story is a bit drier and the effects less showy, unlike Trek. Don't care for Abrams at all.

Inception's ending is about five minutes of slow motion, dramatic film score and heavy editing. It is meant as intense and epic yet comes across as stiff instead. Dark Knight Rises is chock-full of the same. I like Nolan, however. That is one of my criticisms although he has done many decent movies, including Inception.

The casting for JL works and so do the characters. The movie is fun yet kinda hollow. Superman was so distracting it nearly ruined the whole thing.

It was better than Suicide Squad for what it's worth.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Well the plot is nonsense, the movie has no real theme, and Superman's lip is freaking weird. But credit where it's due the characters are good, I'm not sure why Lobo is pretending to be Aquaman but he's pretty good too.

I can see the glue though between the directors, big time with Superman as it seems Joss Whedon's and Snyders visions of Superman are vastly different (other than the lip that is). Snyder's Superman is some kind of tortured soul, who finds no joy in saving people and does it as only a matter of destiny or because of his own self interest. Superman here after the resurrection fight is smiling cartoon/comic Superman, also if you listen close they also resurrect John Williams classic theme in a couple of scenes.

• 1Worf