<Gold Donor>
the only tortured souls in this saga were the people who bought the tickets

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ugh, still leaves a dirty taste.

If the entire plot had led up to the resurrection at the very end (even if it was some telegraphed bullshit deus ex moment) and was an interesting fight that required teamwork it could have at least somewhat made up for the lack of plot and character development of all the new heroes (Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg). What's the Flash's backstory? How did he get his suit? Same for Aquaman, these should have been films that came out prior like Wonder Woman did. It left the audience wanting to know more and never delivered. What little morsels we got were forced in here and there leaving more questions than answers.

In the end it boiled down to just waiting around for Superman to show up and make the other JLA members look like bitches....which he did.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Unsurprisingly, I enjoyed this. I'd put it as a little better than Batman v. Superman, but considerably worse than Wonder Woman.

It was rushed and flawed in a lot of ways, but it was still fun to watch. I liked the characters, and I enjoyed a smiling Superman for a change towards the end.

In relation to Marvel movies, I'd put this on par with or slightly worse than Age of Ultron, which I think is one of the weaker Marvel movies.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It was better than Suicide Squad for what it's worth.

It was waaay better than SS. I almost walked out of SS.

This movie would have been way better IF we had origin movies for Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg...that way they can explain away the crap I hated.

I would have started the whole movie with the Steppenwolf retreat like LOTR did with Sauron...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
To add a little insult to injury JL, in spite of it being it's opening week, was actually playing on slightly fewer screens nationally than Ragnarok.

• 2Worf

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Remember when DC moved Justice League from May/June so it wouldn't have to go up against the tough GoTG2?

That turned out well.

• 1Worf

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
6/10. Enjoyable, but sucks to think of what a wasted opportunity this was and how it could have been so much better. Completely agree they should have at least had another standalone movie with some of the other characters before this.

I'll say it could have easily felt more rushed than it did considering all the content they shoehorned into here, but why not just spread it out over multiple movies.

Would have preferred a more real looking villain. Didn't realize, just noticed he's voiced by Ciaran Hinds aka Caesar aka Mance Rayder.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Dog shit movie, Worse than BvS entire movie was some focus group hollywood suit style check list.

Why was the Flash Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.

Why did batman's mustache keep appearing and disappearing during reshoots. Why did the CGI look awful when it's a Triple A flagship movie?

Remember when Cyborg shot at superman to cause a fight even though they don't ever show him having the problem ever before hand and then after the fight he never has that problem ever again? If he was programmed to murder Superman why didn't he try and shoot him all the other times? Why not shoot Aquaman when Aquaman actually got in his face and grabbed him?

Why was the final scene the same as Avengers?
"Team fights space bugs while one member of the team tries to slowly push something into the cube that is destroying the earth, Main bad guy gets pummeled by the strong member of the team that was not on board with the team until the end. Bad guy gets teleported into space"

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

McCheese

Was I the only one who thought the Flash ran in a really goofy way? This was especially noticeable at the end when he was running the long distances; he ran kind of like a retard, flapping his hands about and kind of squatting and flailing a bit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I would watch a 2 hour movie based on justice league vs superman. That scene was fucking awesome.

Yes, Flash runs like a yard.

They better not fuck up the Deathstroke movie.

Think the Villians league will make it to live action status?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I’ll be damned, I actually kinda liked it.

The story was a mess (you could tell cuts were made), and the villain was barely a character, but the heroes were actually fun, which was enough to somewhat save it for me. And honestly, the story might’ve actually worked if there had been even one more movie prior to this that served to establish the magic boxes as a thing—say, if they had done a Cyborg movie first—it may have made things feel less out of left field.

Overall, not as good as Wonder Woman, but better than the rest of DC’s fare.

I just went to see it again. I think I was too harsh on my first viewing, I liked it a lot more on the second viewing, when I could just sit back and enjoy it instead of being highly critical.

Also, the OPENING of the movie was fantastic, the "everybody knows" song showing the lament for superman. That's pure Zach Snyder, but not as good as his opening for Watchmen. Also, I didn't catch on the first viewing that Batman was using the criminal in the opening sequence as bait for the Parademon.

And, I think I like the actors/heroes in this universe better than Marvels. Marvels movies are better, but these characters are better. I mean fuck, what's honestly more iconic than Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman??

• 2Picard
  • 1Barf

Fadaar

That guy
Watchmen opening credits might actually be my favorite for any movie ever

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I just went to see it again. I think I was too harsh on my first viewing, I liked it a lot more on the second viewing, when I could just sit back and enjoy it instead of being highly critical.

Also, the OPENING of the movie was fantastic, the "everybody knows" song showing the lament for superman. That's pure Zach Snyder, but not as good as his opening for Watchmen. Also, I didn't catch on the first viewing that Batman was using the criminal in the opening sequence as bait for the Parademon.

And, I think I like the actors/heroes in this universe better than Marvels. Marvels movies are better, but these characters are better. I mean fuck, what's honestly more iconic than Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman??

wut?

This Superman and Batman are pretty forgettable, though Wonder Woman is a top notch casting. \

Meanwhile on Marvel's side you have RDJ, Chris Evans, Ryan Reynolds, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Hemsworth. If you wanted to tie X-men as well to it, you could add Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen and probably a few more

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
but these characters are better. I mean fuck, what's honestly more iconic than Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman??
That's the point! The DCCU should be blowing Marvel out of the water based on the popularity of the characters, but WB keeps managing to screw it up.

• 1Picard

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
this is exactly the problem. DC has had a REALLY hard time with their stories the last few decades. they are terrified to even promote something that doesn't have batman, superman or wonder woman in it. they have some great characters in the locker room but they won't use them. when was the last iconic dc story you guys remember? there's a ton of them but not really since the 80's and 90's. then you have marvel... they don't have a holy trinity of characters. there IS no face to marvel. the MCU lost their most iconic characters (spider-man, x-men, ff4) and had to make due with their C team, in the avengers. they had to MAKE these stories work.

DC can't NOT ride the coattails of their holy trinity, while marvel is over here like, let's take quirky characters like a talking raccoon and a tree and go for the gold.

• 1Picard

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
That's the point! The DCCU should be blowing Marvel out of the water based on the popularity of the characters, but WB keeps managing to screw it up.

This!

Feels like all this is increasingly being graded on a curve.

Imagine you could go back in time 5 years and post on FoH that
a) 2017 will see the release of a Justice League movie with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, the whole shebang
b) That same movie will also open below Thor 3, another Spiderman reboot, a Wonder Woman solo-flick and some Guardians of something Marvel C-tier property nobody ever heard of?

What do you think people would've made on that comment?

YnkhBqq.png

I mean seriously. It‘s a fucking Justice League movie! It should be murdering screens left and right. It should be printing cash for WB like no tomorrow. It should be the one who knocks at Star Wars‘ throne for this year at least. It shouldn‘t be „people who only saw three Superhero movies on the big screen in 2017 probably missed it“-level.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This!

Feels like all this is increasingly being graded on a curve.

Imagine you could go back in time 5 years and post on FoH that
a) 2017 will see the release of a Justice League movie with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, the whole shebang
b) That same movie will also open below Thor 3, another Spiderman reboot, a Wonder Woman solo-flick and some Guardians of something Marvel C-tier property nobody ever heard of?

What do you think people would've made on that comment?

YnkhBqq.png

I mean seriously. It‘s a fucking Justice League movie! It should be murdering screens left and right. It should be printing cash for WB like no tomorrow. It should be the one who knocks at Star Wars‘ throne for this year at least. It shouldn‘t be „people who only saw three Superhero movies on the big screen in 2017 probably missed it“-level.

based on what, though? WHY should it be killing it at the box office? name recognition? to whom? the only people who care about the justice league are comic book fans. and honestly, there's not a lot of us out there.

McCheese

The Justice League, yes. But Superman and Batman alone are two of the most recognized fictional characters in the world. I work with people from all over the world, and even people from bumfuck African countries fresh off the boat in the U.S. know who Superman and Batman are. It's pathetic that two of the most iconic characters of all time are being wasted like this. They have (had? maybe it's ruined now) so much more potential than even the most famous of Marvel characters ever did.

• 2Like