Justice League (2017)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The other movie is for Paramount. Why should they have to either delay production or have to worry about a fake mustache looking fake for the sake of WB's movie?

Besides, can you imagine the laughs around the office the execs at Paramount are getting over this.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
They don't have any qualms about playing around with the power level of characters at Marvel. I think if Quicksilver hadn't already been a part of the X-Men movies he'd still be alive in the MCU. He had already been used to great effect in DOFP by the time he showed up in AoU. Keeping him around would have created too much additional similarity between the two properties. His death would also add a sense of loss for the movie and, let's be honest, the MCU doesn't loose it's heroes very often, not permanently. Quicksilver's death makes the potential for anyone dying moving forward seem more in the realm of possibility than otherwise.

Wait.. Kick-Ass guy was the same Quicksilver person in Age of Ultron as the Quicksilver in DoFP that had the phenomenal slow motion scene in DoFP? Like it's the same character? I'm not being sarcastic - I didn't realize that.

Edit: in anticipation of the 1,000 "picards" this post will get

• 10Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 11 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
yes, its the same character. There might have been an implication of different backstory, or more specifically his parental lineage (I don't remember that clearly), but it is the same Quicksilver.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Flash made the movie for me; even though Ezra acted out a weak Kid Flash or Impulse. This scene in particular had me grinning like a fool; basically two gods cross eyes. WB really should have capitalized on Flash or Batman solo films first. These two characters can build up a justice league very well. Thank fuck for the Flash's Flashpoint movie because it'll give WB the green light opportunity to change anything in the DCEU as they see fit.

All in all as a fan 6.5/10, watch it high as fuck and you'll be OK. (Also there's a decent quality cam floating around now if anyone is curious)

I think the problem right now is with the performance of JL chances are slipping of a Flashpoint movie getting done. I do agree I could have gone more for him as Impulse than Barry....

Royal

yes, its the same character. There might have been an implication of different backstory, or more specifically his parental lineage (I don't remember that clearly), but it is the same Quicksilver.

They had to change up the backstory on the MCU side because they don't have the rights to either Magneto or mutants. So their Quicksilver had to have a different explanation for his existence.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
They don't have any qualms about playing around with the power level of characters at Marvel. I think if Quicksilver hadn't already been a part of the X-Men movies he'd still be alive in the MCU. He had already been used to great effect in DOFP by the time he showed up in AoU. Keeping him around would have created too much additional similarity between the two properties. His death would also add a sense of loss for the movie and, let's be honest, the MCU doesn't loose it's heroes very often, not permanently. Quicksilver's death makes the potential for anyone dying moving forward seem more in the realm of possibility than otherwise.
I'm not so sure, imagine him in Civil War. Maybe he could have fought Spiderman with spideysense and webs letting Spiderman keep up with him?

Then what's he doing in Infinity War? Removing gloves from hands very quickly?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
kmCugvW.jpg

• 8Worf
  • 7Like
Reactions: 14 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a reason why he couldn't just use a fake mustache in the other film? I mean it would have had to look better than the CGI job they did.

When Justice League reshoots became a real thing because WB execs didn't like Snyder's rolls (they felt it was "too grim and depressing" based on test projections or not, who knows really) most other actors were already working on other movies.

Then we've heard Henry Cavill had somewhat a moustache contract for Impossible Mission 6, like he couldn't shave it during filming and production / promotion. Maybe it's bullshit (I can't be arsed going back filming that before we discuss my bonus), maybe it's actual contract, who knows.

At the time Justice League was already in development hell, Snyder got a family drama (his daugher died), WB execs didn't have a clue about what to do with DC Comics then and their "Marvel but more serious and dark" method was already highly criticized after Batman versus Superman box office low profile.

Then some Hollywood people (agencies reps, etc) were like, "we already had a dark Batman with Nolan", and while Man of Steel is a decent movie, it kind of underperformed box office wise. In EU no one gives a flying fuck about Aquaman and Flash already got his CW TV show. What gives ? At this precise point WB response was to emphasize "how dark and grim" the DC universe should be because superheroes.

Hence Joss Whedon. Brought up by WB execs to (sic) "marvelize the movie" with quips, humour and iconic scenes. At this point, with most likely a hard deadline, he did reshoots on the run with some actors and spent a lot of time cutting Snyder's bits with rushed CGI and such. Also we have to know writers at this point of production are as consulted as you'd want to eat fish and ask ocean if you own them a tax.

On top of that they had to deal with Ben Affleck suffering from post-Weinstein scandal, Aquaman actor doing a rape joke, then Ben Affleck again doing a joke about harassment. It's a PR nightmare, you have to strong arm interviews, corral actors, deal with press embargo and former DC movies reputation.

I think Justice League suffers from 1960 Hollywood production business model where studio execs basically tell everyone when to breathe, meddling with creative just because they wanna make a dent at Marvel and / or making a point on their curriculum. In the superhero moviedom, or as some call it "capeshit", nobody wants to make a point, they just want to make money.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
MCU quicksilver was better than xmen, DoFP quicksilver was overpowered as shit and took you out of the movie

• 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
MCU quicksilver was better than xmen, DoFP quicksilver was overpowered as shit and took you out of the movie

Wrong.

DoFP Quicksilver was absolute perfection. Apocalypse Quicksilver was tedious garbage that took you out of the movie.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Royal

I think the problem right now is with the performance of JL chances are slipping of a Flashpoint movie getting done.

The popular thinking seems to be exactly the opposite; they'll use Flashpoint for a soft reboot because while they'll want to keep some of the actors JL is demonstrating the need for a change in direction.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Wrong.

DoFP Quicksilver was absolute perfection. Apocalypse Quicksilver was tedious garbage that took you out of the movie.

Apocalypse Quicksilver was awesome and gets bonus points for taking me out of that movie

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
His death would also add a sense of loss for the movie and, let's be honest, the MCU doesn't loose it's heroes very often, not permanently. Quicksilver's death makes the potential for anyone dying moving forward seem more in the realm of possibility than otherwise.
Wat? No one really cares about a character with 20 mins tops of screen time dying.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I'm re-watching BvS extended version. I *REALLY REALLY* like this movie. It grew on me, especially the extended version. The only thing that bugs me really in the whole movie is when they show the little tracker devices, they fucking beep and flash a light. Which is obviously retarded when you're trying to be stealth. :)

I wonder if JL will get an extended edition? Or a full Zach Synder "original release"?

• 2Picard
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like

Royal

I wonder if JL will get an extended edition? Or a full Zach Synder "original release"?

As for a Snyder cut, not likely.

With BvS Snyder had his final edit late in post-production that was cut down to a shorter version for the initial theatrical release. Most of the effects were finished or close to finished in that cut. So the Ultimate Edition pretty much already existed at that point.

With JL, the final version that Snyder worked on was much earlier in post-production so a lot that was taken out from that would not have had finalized effects in it. They'd have to put even more money into it to finish those out for a Snyder cut now. If they've decided they need to move on from Snyder I don't see them dropping several million dollars into putting more of his vision for the franchise out there. On top of that, the difference here is that while the BvS UE was the theatrical release fleshed out with additional scenes a JL Snyder cut would mean you'd also be loosing all of the stuff that Whedon added in the reshoots (which was reportedly about 20% of the movie). So everyone who somewhat liked the movie but just wanted a little more story here or a character a little more fleshed out there would probably just end up disappointed with it anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user