Justice League (2017)

Xerge

<Donor>
watched it on a 42 inch. You're immersed into the 4:3 anyway. 200% better than the fuck you cut and was awesome all around. I'm still taking it all in and will be a film I watch more than once, which doesn't happen much at all.

Shame WB just didn't chill out on production and give ZS time to grieve, come back, and finish.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
About 90 minutes in. Not sure I think it's particularly great, but it's not the disjointed mess that the theatrical release was at least.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, my favourite part of the first version was The Super Moustache and knowing that it is absent from this version...

Pass.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Finally finished it...

Very fucking good: 8.5/10

Joss Whedon can suck my dick. He really did ruin this movie. I'm sure he was left with a mess, but he fucking made it terrible and contributed to the destruction of the DC Cinematic Universe. All the stupid shit from JL (Flash fall-raping Wonder Woman, Martha calling Louis "thirsty", the weird almost relationship between Batman and WW, etc) was Joss Whedon. Apparently Aquaman sitting on Wonder Woman's lasso of truth was Whedon too, and I did really like that scene, but it's gone.

All the crap with the family in Russia where Steppenwolf is is all gone thank god.

This cut makes every single character better:

Flash - he is still a little "scared", but he doesn't have to be talked into being a hero (although I like that scene, the character is stronger without it), and there's a lot more of Flash in the movie, and a couple of really awesome scenes where he shows off his powers. He still is very funny, but without being just a total pussy. The scene where Superman is resurrected and Flash runs at him and Superman sees him and then goes at him, that scene is extended and Flash actually takes a try to push Superman down.

Cyborg - I just hate the character, but he is WAY more fleshed out, and he has a lot more of a prominent role, and a lot of what he does is explained.

Aquaman - a bit more of him and his background

Wonder Woman - way more scenes with her, including multiple prolonged more scenes, this is the fucking Wonder Woman we needed, fucking badass warrior. Just fantastic. Her scene in the government building when the people were going to blow it up. Much longer, much much better. She's just fucking awesome. I would say best female action role ever, surpassing The Bride from Kill Bill.

Batman - actually kind of less Batman, and less of him and Alfred plotting or planning.

Superman - black fucking superman suit. YES.

Steppenwolf - Not kidding, they actually made him a compelling villain. In the original, he was a CGI mess of stupid. This one, he has motivation, intelligence, etc. He looks way better with this kind of living metallic armor. Multiple interactions w Darkseid.

Parademons - they didn't just seem like little henchmen (ie, Ultron's little robots), they were legit badasses, powerful, and menacing.

Themyscura - (however you spell it) a MUCH longer scene when Steppenwolf takes the motherbox. Really, really well done. Insanely better. Fucking Steppenwolf was throwing horses around, it was awesome.

Opening scene explaining how the motherboxes woke up - fucking awesome.

The scene when it shows the first time Darkseid failed to conquer earth, fucking fantastic, Zeus, Green Lantern, etc, all fighting. It was such a cool scene I would have been fine if the movie ended there. Was the barbarian human anyone in particular?

The epilogue .. this is the only part of the film that was weak to me. When I rewatch this, I'll probably stop it when it shows the Epilogue title screen.

This was WAY better. It's fucking long but worth it. Good job Zach Snyder. Fucking bravo. Fucking great movie.

• 6Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 6 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Better than the theatrical release for sure. That's more a testament to how bad that version is than this being particularly great though. It's fine. It's much more coherent which certainly helps. Some good scenes and the characters are definitely more fleshed out. That said, the annoying shitty characters are still mostly annoying shitty characters and the dialogue isn't always great. Also, there's some of the trademark Snyder stuff that's what it is. Pretty sure if they excessive random Slow motion shit were normal speed the movie would be of normal movie length.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Enjoyed the 4:3 but I realize its meant for theatrical effect.

Still enjoyed the visual intensity of not having to look around the picture. More comic-like.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
random thoughts
Zeus was fucking cool! that motherfucker needs to pop his greasy head in this franchise
what the fuck, 3 seconds of Green Lantern?
i really liked the amazonian body guards smashing shit with the hammers on Themys. they looked legit strong instead of leggy runway models like WW
Steppenwolf is much better.
Cyborg looks much better. he is still played by a shitty actor, but he had some better scenes in this.
Flash is still a giant faggot. every scene he talks about or with chicks makes me roll my fucking eyeballs onto the carpet. everyone can see you're gay as fuck. nobody is fooled.
Supes look great. if they really fire Cavill and replace him with wakanda superman then they deserve to go bankrupt.
Wonder Woman is Wonder Woman, she was an improvement from WW84, but goddamn they really dun fucked up having her dialogue contradict that movie AGAIN "i lost somebody close to me ONCE, i never got over it"
Aquaman is still cool like he was in theatrical cut. he's one of the top casting picks for this movie.
heh Amber Turd is still in this, .
Cyborg's dad is such a good actor. from T2 to Eureka to this. he always plays a scientist and he always kills it.
I cant wait for more Darkseid.
Martian Manhunter was alright, so was Deathstroke. Luthor is still horribly miscast by Eisenberg.
Joker was just ok. i hate when they talk about shit we didnt get to see. 2 movies teasing the death of Robin. goddamn give it to us already.
we also didnt see the explanation of the scene where Flash time travels to warn Bruce.
Batfleck himself was actually pretty good

what i thought about the film overall. it was long, really long, i had to take a break a few times and it drags on in several scenes. they could have cut the epilogue out too. but even though it was too long, overall it was entertaining. and this was NOT better than Avengers 1, 3 or 4. Ultron is just not a good Avengers film so this i think is better than that.

i dunno if i would watch this again, watching Supes curbstomp Steppenwolf was pretty killer. the parademons were a little annoying and repetitive. Darkseid and his homies conquer all those worlds and they dont have a variety of different henchmen? meh.
oh and the music pieces were really hit or miss, bordering on pretentious.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Affleck killed all his scenes. He's just marred by BvS toilet movie. His Bruce Wayne is pretty snappy, younger feeling, maybe a little more relatable as a person, and feels more alive than other actors takes on it-- despite not actually getting a chance to see it showcased in a standalone movie. Without seeing a standalone movie, I can't say for 100% sure, or even 10% sure, but the potential to be my favorite Bruce Wayne is there on the surface.

I dig it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Affleck killed all his scenes. He's just marred by BvS toilet movie. His Bruce Wayne is pretty snappy, younger feeling, maybe a little more relatable as a person, and feels more alive than other actors takes on it-- despite not actually getting a chance to see it showcased in a standalone movie. Without seeing a standalone movie, I can't say for 100% sure, or even 10% sure, but the potential to be my favorite Bruce Wayne is there on the surface.

I dig it.
BA is the real deal. He killed it with The Town and Argo. He pops out a lot of spuds as an actor, but he's solid when he nails it. He was a good Batman.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
BA is the real deal. He killed it with The Town and Argo. He pops out a lot of spuds as an actor, but he's solid when he nails it. He was a good Batman.

It was interesting to me that Jeremy Renner took the Academy Award and the Golden Globe for best supporting actor in The Town.

Probably because best leading actor competition was just too stiff that year-- but if Affleck was the supporting role (somehow) he'd have taken it over Renner. Affleck's performance was a cut above. The Town got some other awards for screen adaptation and best ensemble cast, so it wasn't entirely a snub, since Affleck was director. The Town and Argo were great, and he did take a BAFTA for best leading actor from Argo. His directing chops are certified.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I’d like to point out that Wonder Woman *decapitated* Steppnewolf. And in WW84 she didn’t even carry a sword, bc gay terrible movie.

Strppenwolfs death was just awesome. Superman just kept beating the shit and eye beaming him. And then they all got in multiple more licks, then Aqua got the kill blow.

This was so much damn better. Thank god. We all had some low ass expectations LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 3Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just to qualify what I said above real quick.

I kept waiting for Affleck to over-act, push an inappropriate emotional tone, or to remind me of another one of his characters, to do something predictable in his delivery from another movie during his Bruce Wayne-- and that moment never came.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’d like to point out that Wonder Woman *decapitated* Steppnewolf. And in WW84 she didn’t even carry a sword, bc gay terrible movie.

Strppenwolfs death was just awesome. Superman just kept beating the shit and eye beaming him. And then they all got in multiple more licks, then Aqua got the kill blow.

This was so much damn better. Thank god. We all had some low ass expectations LOL.

Spoiler tags there mate.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Just to qualify what I said above real quick.

I kept waiting for Affleck to over-act, push an inappropriate emotional tone, or to remind me of another one of his characters, to do something predictable in his delivery from another movie during his Bruce Wayne-- and that moment never came.

Exactly! He was completely good in this. I honestly have never had any complaints w him. Would love to see him in a stand-alone.

Also, in the original JL Batman has this “I don’t want to be a leader, I want Superman to be the leader” attitude, and in this it’s not there. He was fine leading. Although he’s a little emo at the end. I think he felt he was on a suicide mission.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I honestly have never had any complaints w him. Would love to see him in a stand-alone.

Exactly the only complaints are the deathgrip fight that Cavill and Affleck are in with Warner-- over the future of their characters. Makes it bittersweet.

But maybe they'll get their head out of their ass, if the studio gets wind Pattinson's 110lb take on the character is going to be DOA. Major production problems with that movie and the director clashing. Fingers crossed.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Started watching this while having coffee this AM and got through all of part 1 (37 mins in) and so far I'm liking it. Definitely a much slower pace than the theatrical release but it suits the epic nature of the piece.

I might watch it in the distinct parts with some breathing room between segments to let it marinate a bit.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So there's some internet drama with Zack Synder.

A YouTube channel called Geeks&Gamers has been one of the ones pushing for the Snyder Cut and set up a charity stream for suicide prevention to celebrate the release.

Zack Synder was invited on to the stream, which he accepted. On the stream he STARTED by saying that he wasn't associated with Geeks&Gamers and wanted the logo off the charity stream, the next thing he said was that he was against hate groups, especially Asians because he has Asian kids.

The stream had Asian and Black YouTubers as well as Geeks&Gamers. So now they all think he's a Rian Johnson tier peice of shit.

• 2Like

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So there's some internet drama with Zack Synder.

A YouTube channel called Geeks&Gamers has been one of the ones pushing for the Snyder Cut and set up a charity stream for suicide prevention to celebrate the release.

Zack Synder was invited on to the stream, which he accepted. On the stream he STARTED by saying that he wasn't associated with Geeks&Gamers and wanted the logo off the charity stream, the next thing he said was that he was against hate groups, especially Asians because he has Asian kids.

The stream had Asian and Black YouTubers as well as Geeks&Gamers. So now they all think he's a Rian Johnson tier peice of shit.
Cool story I guess