Justice League (2017)

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
The 4:3 makes sense when you realize it was filmed for IMAX and framed as such.
Watching 4:3 at home is fucking retarded, people here trying to justify it are equally retarded. This would be 1000x better if it was a normal aspect ratio.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Watching 4:3 at home is fucking retarded, people here trying to justify it are equally retarded. This would be 1000x better if it was a normal aspect ratio.
I was really hoping that was just some weird promo BS for an IMAX release, that's really lame.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Sitting down for morning cold brew, reading this thread, getting me fecking PUMPED to get home this evening to start this. It just needs to be better than the og, and sounds like it is.

Still fume every time I sit down and think of how horribly WB has botched the DC stuff. Much much MUCH prefer DC to Marvel, and there is almost nothing great associated with the license other than the comics and some of the Arkham games (which were like sweet heroin to a childhood DC fan). Funnily enough, Marvel games have generally stunk for a while now (last Avengers game rofl) but DC has lucked into working with some good studios who understood the comics.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Better than the Whedon Justice League, but only because it fills out some details and shit. That said, It is way too long and I probably wouldn't ever watch it again. I was losing focus and started surfing and shit out of boredom.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Better than the Whedon Justice League, but only because it fills out some details and shit. That said, It is way too long and I probably wouldn't ever watch it again. I was losing focus and started surfing and shit out of boredom.
I did that too, there are scenes that hold your attention and also because they are previously unseen, the scenes you remember though, eh you can do whatever. There are scenes that i would watch again just to have better understanding or just cuz its cool as fuck. The first battle for the motherbox is awesome, as well as the flashback battle with DS.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
im 1+ hour in so far, they could easily have kept this movie at 2 hours if they just played all the slow motion parts at regular speed

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The scene when it shows the first time Darkseid failed to conquer earth, fucking fantastic, Zeus, Green Lantern, etc, all fighting. It was such a cool scene I would have been fine if the movie ended there. Was the barbarian human anyone in particular?
The dude with the big battle axe? That was Ares. It's not narrated super clearly, but WW specifically says Zues and his son, Ares right as the camera pans on them

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
is all this new footage is what snyder shot originally?

or has a lot of this been additionally shot after the whedon version was released?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I did that too, there are scenes that hold your attention and also because they are previously unseen, the scenes you remember though, eh you can do whatever. There are scenes that i would watch again just to have better understanding or just cuz its cool as fuck. The first battle for the motherbox is awesome, as well as the flashback battle with DS.

I made it 2 hours before I started to do that. Needed a long break to try to regain focus/interest despite it being a good movie.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I made it 2 hours before I started to do that. Needed a long break to try to regain focus/interest despite it being a good movie.
the actual story is 3.5 hours and a lot of that are scenes that could be trimmed down a bit, not a lot, but a few minutes here, a few there. the epilogue is like 25 minutes long and its just setup for whatever they have or had in the works. did anyone notice the black amazonians? like where the fuck did they come from?
also why was Cyborg's mom blaming the HS principal for her son cheating on his tests? "why didnt you help him pass?". i was like, why didnt he do that himself? its not the principal's job.

• 1Picard
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Seriously?

Xerge

<Donor>
needing a break after the 2 hour mark is normal anyway and I dont see it as a fault of the movie on it's own. It's fault of anything lengthy.

• 3Like

Goatface

is all this new footage is what snyder shot originally?

or has a lot of this been additionally shot after the whedon version was released?

Snyder cut
5 mins of totally new
154 mins of unseen

Whedon cut
34 mins totally new Whedon footage
16 mins of reshoots
18 mins of untouched Zack's visuals
41 mins of retouched/altered Zack work
of the 59 mins of Zack's, only 17 mins use his visuals and original dialogue

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
where have I seen this shot before?

1616096022129.png

oh, right

1616096102211.png

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 5 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Here is the big question, do y'all think that someone who didn't like BvS and WonderWoman, kind of likes Man of Steel until the last act, and didn't watch the original Justice League movie, Aquaman, or WonderWoman 2 enjoy this?

Asking for a friend who is running out of quality crap to watch. There are only so many bad watchable films easily obtained and I, I mean my friend, is starting to run out.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Here is the big question, do y'all think that someone who didn't like BvS and WonderWoman, kind of likes Man of Steel until the last act, and didn't watch the original Justice League movie, Aquaman, or WonderWoman 2 enjoy this?

Asking for a friend who is running out of quality crap to watch. There are only so many bad watchable films easily obtained and I, I mean my friend, is starting to run out.

im almost done with this and its pretty tedious and hardly enjoyable, much like the whedon version

granted i got it playing on a 3rd monitor to the side of me while im WFH, so i'm paying maybe 60% of attention but its all forgettable thus far

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Picard
  • 1Great Review

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Honestly no it doesn’t sound like you’ll like it.

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
the actual story is 3.5 hours and a lot of that are scenes that could be trimmed down a bit, not a lot, but a few minutes here, a few there. the epilogue is like 25 minutes long and its just setup for whatever they have or had in the works. did anyone notice the black amazonians? like where the fuck did they come from?
also why was Cyborg's mom blaming the HS principal for her son cheating on his tests? "why didnt you help him pass?". i was like, why didnt he do that himself? its not the principal's job.

Cyborg wasn't in trouble for cheating but because he hacked the school records to improve a girl's grades that were bad because her family had died. Cyborg's mom was laying into the principal and the school for not helping the girl enough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user