Kansas

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Kansas Schools Will Close Early This Spring For Lack Of Funds

Two school districts in Kansas announced this week that the academic year would end early because they lack sufficient funding to keep the schools open.

Concordia Unified School District will finish up six days early, on May 15, and Twin Valley Unified School District will let students out 12 days early, on May 8, the Associated Press reports.

In March, Gov. Sam Brownback (R) signed a school funding overhaul, which resulted in the state's schools losing a combined $51 million meant to help them finish out the current academic year. Members of the Twin Valley school board cited "the present mid-year, unplanned financial cuts recently signed into law" as a reason for the early shutdown.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Outside of Manhattan and Overland Park, Kansas is the most depressing state I've ever driven through. At least the crappy little towns in other rural states keep their Main Streets relatively not-in-shambles. Kansas just lets shit collapse on itself in the main thoroughfare.

When you can't even get fast-food joints (you know, the ones that love preying on poor people) to set up shop, that's kinda sad.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Outside of Manhattan and Overland Park, Kansas is the most depressing state I've ever driven through. At least the crappy little towns in other rural states keep their Main Streets relatively not-in-shambles. Kansas just lets shit collapse on itself in the main thoroughfare.

When you can't even get fast-food joints (you know, the ones that love preying on poor people) to set up shop, that's kinda sad.
I hated every minute of my time in Manhattan. It was great if you were playing football, otherwise all you could do was drink.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
half of the state of kansas smells like burning manure(the western half)
the Eastern half of the state is just filled with massive douchebags with an overly strong sense of entitlement

and that pretty much sums up kansas

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Kansas uses common sense. Let's make a thread about it.
And it limits cash withdrawals of the funds to $25 a day, an attempt to prevent recipients from using their funds on inappropriate expenditures.
So now they can chew up a larger percentage of their monthly benefit on ATM fees, since many recipients do not have bank accounts.

Common sense ...

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So since the majority of people affected by this are actually poor whites how do they manage to keep convincing them this stuff is a good idea?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Benefits will probably get raised to off set the ATM fees at some point costing yet more money.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
So since the majority of people affected by this are actually poor whites how do they manage to keep convincing them this stuff is a good idea?
They play on perceived social divisions. It's part of the natural strength of conservative messaging, evoking cultural divisions to isolate this group or that one as undeserving of any sort of social contract going all the back to Nixon's Southern Strategy thru to Reagan's "welfare queens" and the current "makers vs. takers" narrative.

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
u guys are right. go ahead and use tax dollars for tattoos, alcohol, tobacco. Who cares....

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So now they can chew up a larger percentage of their monthly benefit on ATM fees, since many recipients do not have bank accounts.

Common sense ...
I can't think of a single instance of where I would need cash unless I was trying to get past that law. I honestly have no problem with that law. Public assistance is supposed to help you pay rent, eat food and other things that are required to live. You want to go on a cruise? Get a better job.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I can't think of a single instance of where I would need cash unless I was trying to get past that law. I honestly have no problem with that law. Public assistance is supposed to help you pay rent, eat food and other things that are required to live. You want to go on a cruise? Get a better job.
You are right. Let's say the food they buy for the month from public assistance comes to $150 a month and they are only able to get $25 a day while paying $2.50 each time at an ATM...that comes to $18 in ATM fees that the government is paying to a private corporation (Senator's buddy) that could instead get more food.

Is this what you dipshits think fiscal conservatism looks like? I bet you numbnuts think red light cameras that are administered by private corps are a great idea as well.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
u guys are right. go ahead and use tax dollars for tattoos, alcohol, tobacco. Who cares....
Its a good thing alcohol wasn't included then.

Also for you numb nuts that don't know why they would want cash. There are foods in the supermarket that food stamps don't allow you to purchase. That's the whole reason they give cash in the first place.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You are right. Let's say the food they buy for the month from public assistance comes to $150 a month and they are only able to get $25 a day while paying $2.50 each time at an ATM...that comes to $18 in ATM fees that the government is paying to a private corporation (Senator's buddy) that could instead get more food.

Is this what you dipshits think fiscal conservatism looks like? I bet you numbnuts think red light cameras that are administered by private corps are a great idea as well.
Why the fuck do you need to buy groceries with cash?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Its a good thing alcohol wasn't included then.

Also for you numb nuts that don't know why they would want cash. There are foods in the supermarket that food stamps don't allow you to purchase. That's the whole reason they give cash in the first place.
So people who are getting tax payer money should be able to just spend that money on a bunch of shit?

I can't remember the last time I went to a gas station or supermarket and didn't have the ability to get cash back with no fee. There goes those atm fees everyone is scared about. If you need that fucking slushie and doritos so bad then use money from your job. People aren't entitled to a fucking 40oz and a box of Kool's