Kansas

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Better yet, get a jerb on a cruise ship.

Everyone wins.

Wasn't there some outrage a few years ago when Republitards realized that many welfare recipients have basic household appliances?
Yes it was the "you can't be poor if you have a refrigerator" speel Fox was doing.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
to quote a great philosopher,

?It's known as the land of the free, and I'm sure it is if you get up in the morning, go to work in a petrol station, eat nothing but double-egg burgers with cheese and take your children to Little League. But if you step outside the loop, if you try to do something a bit zany, you will find that you're in a police state.?

It's also fucking amazing how you people, in the richest land on this planet, go down on the math how you can live on an $8/h job, or how that isn't making your employer enough money to warrant?

How much money does the guy who vacuums your office every day make your company? Zero? Then he should be paid zero, right?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How much money does the guy who vacuums your office every day make your company? Zero? Then he should be paid zero, right?
4605eff09fc5012f2fe600163e41dd5b

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Quineloe can you marry my wife and get us both citizenship? We really just want 6 weeks Vacation. She's not an amputee and shies away from getting shit on but I'll talk her into it.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A friend recently married some hot Ukraine blonde to get her in here, he went through Denmark because that's less complicated. Provide pictures of wife?

It's not 6 weeks btw, it's 30 days, so with our 11 or so state holidays you can get a lot of mileage out of those 30 days in terms of weeks.

Also, sick leave is 6 weeks at full pay.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
article_sl said:
Having a great life, per the bill, means that welfare recipients cannot spend their government aid on body piercings, massages, spas, tobacco, nail salons, lingerie, arcades, cruise ships or visits to psychics.
Is welfare recipients buying lingerie and arcades a real problem?

I guess in general I don't mind these being banned. Aren't there already welfare regulations on what you can and can't spend $$ on? It seems like it would cover these already?

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
Is welfare recipients buying lingerie and arcades a real problem?

I guess in general I don't mind these being banned. Aren't there already welfare regulations on what you can and can't spend $$ on? It seems like it would cover these already?
heh you're dumb. If someone needs emergency lingerie they have every right to buy it with tax dollars. If i get a new woman and want to tattoo her name on my arm I should be able to do that with tax dollars. U guys are too hard core right, man.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
A friend recently married some hot Ukraine blonde to get her in here, he went through Denmark because that's less complicated. Provide pictures of wife?

It's not 6 weeks btw, it's 30 days, so with our 11 or so state holidays you can get a lot of mileage out of those 30 days in terms of weeks.

Also, sick leave is 6 weeks at full pay.
Hey, the U.S military gets 30 days paid vacation a year, federal holidays off (pending what your career field is), and unlimited paid sick leave (if you're for reals badly sick)!

Of course the majority get paid shit, but you don't really do it for pay...

Silence_sl

shitlord
I'm going to get a custom credit card with an EBT overlay, then wave it about before buying booze and cigars.

Should be a pretty decent troll in this state.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I used to work in a supermarket here in NJ years ago. I've seen a lot of abuse. One cashier would help her ghetto friends out and share the "tricks-of-the-trade". She would ring up a pack of bubble gum or a candy bar for them and help withdraw 100 bucks to pay for it. They'd get the change as cash.

The state's been getting smarter with it, but there's just communities full of people milking the system.

I'm just grateful for police brutality, I try to believe all my tax money went to payroll some cops beating the shit out of gangstas and not the system abusers' candy fund.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I'm going to get a custom credit card with an EBT overlay, then wave it about before buying booze and cigars.

Should be a pretty decent troll in this state.
As long as it's Hennessy or Patron.

Make sure you get $25 in cash back. Say it's for a craps game or tips "down at da club".

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Plus Europe gets maternity leave for men. Its kind of retarded working for a company where part of the employees get twice the vacation and sick time than you. Trying to get business done in December is impossible. They basically shut down for the whole fucking month.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
8,600 welfare recipients in Kansas(in 2014) out of a population of 2.9 million. This is just to pander to their voter base to make everyone feel good that they're "solving the problem" without doing much of anything at all.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
TANF benefits are figured based on individual state guidelines and dependent on factors such as family size, earned and unearned income, and housing expenses. The Florida TCA program provides monetary benefits for a maximum of 48 months to recipients who participate in work-related activities for at least 30 hours a week. The maximum monthly TANF benefit ranges between $95 and $610 per month.
Eligible applicants must have a gross income that is 185% or less of the Federal Poverty Level. Additionally, income cannot be higher than the payment standard for a family of the same size. Those who receive benefits and retain a job will receive an additional earned income deduction.

Federal poverty level is $11,670 a year, so you can make up to $11/hr and still qualify for welfare, although it is all a sliding scale for the payout based on earned income.

The reality is, nobody on welfare isn't working and those who are, aren't getting shit for money, at least in my state.

Section 8 has all been phased out and all applications for section 8 housing have been suspended due to a 6 year waiting period before being reviewed and accepted for HUD housing which are conveniently located in the biggest shitholes in your city totaling no more than 900 sqr ft.
Quoting this because most people have no idea how these systems work.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
This is just to pander to their voter base to make everyone feel good that they're "solving the problem" without doing much of anything at all.
Yeah. Just look at some of the items they've excluded to see how they're playing on certain stereotypes. Tattoos, nail salons, strip clubs, going to swimming pools. No mention of ammo, bowling alleys, bingo parlors, or motorsports racetracks.

Silence_sl

shitlord
8,600 welfare recipients in Kansas(in 2014) out of a population of 2.9 million. This is just to pander to their voter base to make everyone feel good that they're "solving the problem" without doing much of anything at all.
They should send out a mailer to all their recipients with a list of excluded purchases/places of business and warn them that any purchases made will permanently be deducted from all benefits from date_x forward. I'm sure this would save a non-trivial amount of cash per month.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Yeah. Just look at some of the items they've excluded to see how they're playing on certain stereotypes. Tattoos, nail salons, strip clubs, going to swimming pools. No mention of ammo, bowling alleys, bingo parlors, or motorsports racetracks.
Rippie Joints. You forgot Rippie Joints.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Plus Europe gets maternity leave for men. Its kind of retarded working for a company where part of the employees get twice the vacation and sick time than you. Trying to get business done in December is impossible. They basically shut down for the whole fucking month.
The military has paternity leave, too.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My niece is a walking example of why they need to do something. She is 30 and had twins about 4 years ago. They've told her since a young age that child birth could kill her because she has a heart issue and had open heart surgery at age 5ish. She lives with the father, they're not married. They've lived together for close to 10 years, they have moved states several times so not sure on the common law deal. She went to school and got a certifiation or whatever they do as a vet tech which I assume pays decently. He has a masters degree in architecture and is working at a firm to get his stamp or whatever they need. His goal after that is to go to work for the state fire marshals office and do inspections. Seems odd to get a masters degree but whatever. He was offered a job that paid 2x as much but he has to live within 10 minutes of work or he just won't work, which really in the south is not really an option most of the time.

Anyway her and her 2 kids don't have insurance. They could get insurance thru his employer but it "cost too much". Ok that may be....but I told her with the ACA now she should get something. I'm not a fan of the ACA but I'd like to see her kids covered because they are leaning now that one kid has the same heart issue she had. Nope can't do that because it's too big of a pain in the ass and with the subsidy it would still cost $40/month or whatever it was. She says they won't turn them away at the hospital, which is true but still.

She doesn't work. I really don't give a shit how they live thier life but cover the kids with insurance. I tried to at least give her a little push and told her I would cover it for a year till she could get it figured out and get with the ACA during the enrollment period. NOPE, too much work.

I finally stopped giving a gentle push and had my attorney send her a letter giving her an ultimatum that if she didn't get insurance on the kids she was out of the will (I hold the entire familys inheritence/land in my name including what goes to my sister) and had it spelled out what it was valued at.

NOPE, too much work. She collects food stamps for herself and the kids even tho she lives with the father, as well as whatever else I have no idea.At Chirstmas there was an hour long discussion she talked about the "free" stuff she gets for her and the kids even tho she in the past had a good job as a vet tech and her significant other makes decent money I assume.They live in a nice house.

The finaly straw which led to the inheritence threat was they went on a fucking Carribean cruise last summer cause they needed a break.Then at the same christmas her significant other/father of her kids was telling me how he really liked X cigars that came up because my sister gave me a box for christmas. They were $15/each cigars. WTF.

JFC. I have her kids on the inheritence and a college fund, but I cut my niece out. She asked after I had the attorney send the letter if that included the father of her kids...like I was ever going to give him shit if they aren't married lol.