Kegz (not Kegkilla) caught DDOSing P99, drags his RL job/company into the mess

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
wait this was the guy who was always spamming about his server being the best, and when his thread about his server got shawed he started spamming in every EQ thread about it?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I believe that is correct. And his complaints about shitty moderating on p99 and how some people are cheating and on and on and on. Like several dozen EQFlames combined into one person.

Not a lawyer.. but I'm high and I'm on the Internet so I got a PHD in astrophysics and I graduated Valedictorian from Harvard Law so anyways...

I seriously doubt anything will come of this because it's loleq but if it does Kegz should force a trial and challenge everything.. make p99 go to court and then put that shit on the stand.. then there will be no classic eq.. it will be glorious..

kegz will win ultimate troll of the internet award...

You are all such no life nerds. This is the most boring 'news' I've ever read. And I play EQ still... even I look down upon you all, that's how bad you all are. Feel bad.

African

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't waste my time on p99, but this shit is funny how bent out of shape some people are getting.

iannis

Musty Nester
It blows my mind that p99 is even still a thing.

It makes me think that Tyen could actually make a few hundred grand if he ever finishes EQ in a browser.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
So, we know for its a fact that its him? Or it has to be someone that has access to his servers that can run the queries? Is it possible that someone hacked their way into it, or we're for sure that he's involved. I read the p99 post and I'm not an expert, but I saw where rogean says:
Basically, an attacker is utilizing a DNS server in your environment (That may be an open resolver) by sending thousands of UDP packets requesting any given DNS Query.
but it seems some people have decided to ignore this tidbit that rogean stated:
Either your customer is responsible for the mess that this has escalated into, or a third party is manipulating both of us.
So why all of a sudden is everyone so positively sure that it is kegz? Sure I understand its coming from his servers, supposedly. Can't that be spoofed? Or if kegz isnt as bright as everyone says in this thread, how do we know he doesnt have some vulnerability in his server and it's been compromised? (third party)

I just dont see the clear evidence saying its kegz behind the wheel, maybe it's because im not a computer genius, but I think this day and age if you're good enough with computers you can hide things pretty well, I mean isn't that what the anon people do when they're hacking fbi and such? using other peoples computers? Maybe I just like playing devil's advocate. Either way isnt there some way with firewalls to stop this all, and let each other go on their merry little way. If this is rogean's RL job, why hasn't he been able to stop it?

I could see where this guy's explanation would make sense, that the theory is that jake(kegz) is doing this to look like he's the victim and have rogeans provider do something? (http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...09#post1052909)
Now, imagine you run the DNS server. Your bandwidth is disappearing as well, because you have to send all these packets. And it looks to you (if you don't understand the whole business) like the attack is coming from Rogean.com. So you send a threatening legal note in the hope that this will shake up their provider into doing something.
But just not sure myself, think everyone just dislikes kegz (and for valid reasons: spam threads) and is quick to judge. There is no true evidence saying it is him doing it, just that the trail points to his servers (or data center). But again, why would someone be so stupid to use their own server IP to ddos another server ip? Thats the thing that sticks out to me.

Also, if this has been kegz ddosing this whole time, why is it suddenly now happening to sleeper? Is the belief that he's been ddosing, and now wants to look like it's someone else and they are now attacking sleeper AND p99?

That p99 thread is pretty entertaining, with that systolic dude lol.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The bottom line, and why everyone is in an uproar about this shit is that these servers have tons of RMT going on. And where there is money involved, there will be drama for sure. It just goes to show how fucking corrupt both of these servers are. Non profit my ass, these dues are making bank off of this shit.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
His own server doesn't even have Kerafym. His namesake doesn't even exist. Two years of developing solid velious content.

rrr_img_38435.png

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
If this turns out that someone else is DDoSing both servers and framing them both some how, I will eternally tip my hat

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Biggest news from this thread is that there were people that actually thought Kegz was Kegkilla.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the kind of harassment that Kegkilla would be capable of, would be more along the lines of shitting into his hand and throwing it at people. Denial of service attacks? lol

vazdeline_sl

shitlord
know for its a fact that its him? Or it has to be someone that has access to his servers that can run the queries? Is it possible that someone hacked their way into it, or we're for sure that he's involved. I read the p99 post and I'm not an expert, but I saw where rogean says:

but it seems some people have decided to ignore this tidbit that rogean stated:

So why all of a sudden is everyone so positively sure that it is kegz? Sure I understand its coming from his servers, supposedly. Can't that be spoofed? Or if kegz isnt as bright as everyone says in this thread, how do we know he doesnt have some vulnerability in his server and it's been compromised? (third party)

I just dont see the clear evidence saying its kegz behind the wheel, maybe it's because im not a computer genius, but I think this day and age if you're good enough with computers you can hide things pretty well, I mean isn't that what the anon people do when they're hacking fbi and such? using other peoples computers? Maybe I just like playing devil's advocate. Either way isnt there some way with firewalls to stop this all, and let each other go on their merry little way. If this is rogean's RL job, why hasn't he been able to stop it?

I could see where this guy's explanation would make sense, that the theory is that jake(kegz) is doing this to look like he's the victim and have rogeans provider do something? (http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...09#post1052909)

But just not sure myself, think everyone just dislikes kegz (and for valid reasons: spam threads) and is quick to judge. There is no true evidence saying it is him doing it, just that the trail points to his servers (or data center). But again, why would someone be so stupid to use their own server IP to ddos another server ip? Thats the thing that sticks out to me.

Also, if this has been kegz ddosing this whole time, why is it suddenly now happening to sleeper? Is the belief that he's been ddosing, and now wants to look like it's someone else and they are now attacking sleeper AND p99?

That p99 thread is pretty entertaining, with that systolic dude lol.
So much misinformation and general ignorance here. Let me set it right-

It is Kegz/Toop based on the retarded email he sent to Rogean which was the same name on Toop's forum account that was created 4 or so years ago. You guys seriously need to read the whole posts before comming here and spewing uncredible info.

Ryoz

<Donor>
If you played on P99, Kegz is Toop - a dwarf war who led the guild 'Peace Pipe'. My recollection of Toop was that he liked attention and was always whining about something. Gm favoritism, not being able to compete for raid targets, I'm not sure which.

Eventually Toop was banned for hacking/boxing. He vowed to make P99 pay one day, and so he did, by creating his own shit eq emulated server - the Sleeper. Despite many flaws with the game, their flagship project revision was that AC was working properly on his server. Toop/Kegz began spamming/promoting in various threads in order to try and convert people to his project. No one did, of course, because his server is shite, despite other issues with his personality/temperament.

In recent days Toop/Kegz's trolling and spamming skills in the P99 thread allowed him to be selected as a candidate in the RRP. We've heard no word from the jugs about how he is faring. I'd imagine he is being shunned due to his likeness to RRP legend Kegkilla.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Either way isnt there some way with firewalls to stop this all, and let each other go on their merry little way. If this is rogean's RL job, why hasn't he been able to stop it?
Basic explanation: Firewalls still have to inspect incoming traffic to allow or deny that traffic. When you are sending traffic to a site in the sheer amount that is generally involved with a DDoS, some firewalls can be overwhelmed and unable to cope with the amount of incoming traffic. This, in turn, can cause traffic to the site to lag, or be dropped entirely. Overwhelming a site's networking equipment is one of the goals of a DDoS.

Status
Not open for further replies.