Kerbal Space Program

booksy_sl

shitlord
I want a game like Minecraft where you gather resources, with a tech tree like Civilization with a space race and planet colonization using Kerbal Space Program.

Make it happen, someone.
that would rule. but i would even be happy with just KSP with resources and research

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
that would rule. but i would even be happy with just KSP with resources and research
KSP was supposed to have a fairly detailed and intricate resource system, but theyve scaled it back
frown.png

booksy_sl

shitlord
doh =(

I only played this in my friends house and it was fun but only for a while. It seemed to me like it needed more. I would buy it if they added some more stuff. Wish it was more popular, then maybe they could afford to add mining or something.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
They still plan to add a campaign mode with research and mining/resource collection, just not as deep and thorough as they originally planned. Its more than worth the $25 its at right now and they are still adding lots of features/content to it.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The shuttle I showed earlier. Right now getting processed into KSP by a more experienced modder who also wrote its avionics plugin and MFD displays.

u2aImfB.jpg

vPoTOCq.jpg

9gyIOAy.jpg

iFgYATP.jpg

5ZwEsun.jpg

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Damn looks pretty good.

I recently installed universal replacer nad installed two texture packs and its a night and day difference between stock;

QreAnaI.jpg

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Wow, I'd been reluctant to install texture replacers. Think I'll be downloading that one again. That looks freaking awesome.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is on sale this weekend on Steam for ~$16. Urge to buy.... rising.

Daelos

Guarding the guardians
Finally got into this, after having it on my maybe-buy list since it appeared in Steam.

It's a good thing I waited. This game has sucked my life away for the past week. My squats and deadlifts are suffering, thanks to small green men.
I have been in a game-hiatus for some time, as I just haven't found anything that peaked my interest past a couple of days. But now I'm spending my days planning boosters, and space stations, and missions to go to strange places.
When I logged off yesterday, I just noticed Duna was in perfect location for a visit. So tonight, I'll be sending a 4-part mission: Satellite to orbit, science probes to both pole, and a manned mission to somewhere along the equator. Hoping it will all unlock the rest of the tech tree!

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
.24 is supposed to be released today, adds 64bit support(thank fucking god, so badly needed with the insane amount of quality mods for this game) and implements the contracting portion of the campaign.

rrr_img_71373.jpg

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Kerbal Space Program review - PC Gamer

96%

Kerbal Space Program is a brilliant game for a lot of reasons. It's brilliant because of the robust simulation, because of the satisfying design tools, because of the variety and options, and because of the spectacular community that has generated hundreds of mods, guides and videos designed to help you achieve whatever you want to do. Most of all, though, it's brilliant because it holds a mirror up to one of humanity's greatest achievements, and only does so when you have the greatest possible appreciation for the skill, dedication and courage involved. It's a rare and wonderful game, and deserves the strongest possible recommendation.

Stench

Golden Knight of the Realm
I recently picked up this game, dunno why I didnt give it a go sooner. If you like space / rocket stuff at all - its amazing. Ive been playing in career mode, and its been challenging as hell getting to the Mun (thats moon but the Kerbin version), not having the resources or tech to make some of these things easier has actually made it a lot of fun. LOTS of trial and error / problem solving, I love it.