Keyboards & Mice

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Trying to solve this dilemma. I like having a numpad but I don't like where it is. It forces the keyboard to be offcenter when using both hands for typing. Are there good keyboards(I like Ducky, for reference) that have the numpad on the left? Or is a good model of numpad only? I'd gladly relearn the numpad with my left hand if it meant I could center my keyboard better.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Having tried to calculator for business with left hand, it's very very awkward after doing it your whole life with your right hand.

Do you actually need the number pad? There are plenty of 10 keyless keyboards. I might have to look into getting one again

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Trying to solve this dilemma. I like having a numpad but I don't like where it is. It forces the keyboard to be offcenter when using both hands for typing. Are there good keyboards(I like Ducky, for reference) that have the numpad on the left? Or is a good model of numpad only? I'd gladly relearn the numpad with my left hand if it meant I could center my keyboard better.
just go ten keyless, i mean what are you an accountant?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Or is a good model of numpad only?

It looks like you can find separate number pads in the mechanical switch of your choice. I can't speak for this particular model - it's just a proof that the class exists.

Edit: Wtf, this URL refuses to post except as empty media.

[amazon.com] /Filco-Majestouch-Numpad-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B071J3Y25N

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
That's what I was looking at - I can't bring knockoff weird chinese keyboards into a govt building
I've had my Das Silent with brown switches for over 7 years and it still functions exactly the same as the day I bought it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Having tried to calculator for business with left hand, it's very very awkward after doing it your whole life with your right hand.

Do you actually need the number pad? There are plenty of 10 keyless keyboards. I might have to look into getting one again
Need? No. But I like it. I also really like the calculator and mute key on my Ducky. But I guess that can macrod on any other keyboard.

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I love my Logitech G15 (v2), going on 8 years now and I just can't seem to give it up but finding it's starting to show its age and use. I am on the hunt for it's replacement.

My criteria is kinda simple but with one caveat, I want it back lit, non-mechanical, and have volume and media controls, but the thing I can't seem to give up is the stupid analog clock the G15 has.

img_6067.jpg

I have been considering the Corsair K55 and Cooler Master Devastator 3 but open to suggestions.

loudgas

I have a mechanical but I don't care for the clicking sound, maybe its conditioning from my G15. :)

loudgas

Thanks I wasn't aware, so that enters the EVGA Z10 into the mix. Anyone have this one?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Thanks I wasn't aware, so that enters the EVGA Z10 into the mix. Anyone have this one?

Yeah, that's what is great about mechanical keyboards, you have so many options. I love me some clicky so I'm one of those assholes that uses blue switches, but there are switches that are silent that I could go with if I was in an office or something.

Unfamiliar with any of the boards you mentioned, so I don't have anything to contribute on that front.

loudgas

Anyone have a Logitech G910, are the keys as bad as Linus claims they are?