Keyboards & Mice

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
My friend IRL just had his mouse of 12 years die on him today. I tried recommending the Razer Naga Hex v2 as a general gaming mouse but to no avail.

He is looking for a mouse that meets the following requirements;

1. Works well with large hands is the prime factor.
2. Accurate sensor.
3. At least 2 thumb buttons.
4. Braided cord.

Any input would be greatly appreciated guys, thank you!
what was the previous mouse? just ebay?

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
what was the previous mouse? just ebay?

Ok, you guys might get a kick out of this. He was using a Microsoft Trackball Explorer LMFAO.
411W31T91DL.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ok, you guys might get a kick out of this. He was using a Microsoft Trackball Explorer LMFAO.
411W31T91DL.jpg
Does he still want a track ball?

CST2545-5W(GL) (L-Trac Glow) USB Wired Ambidextrous High Performance Laser Ergonomic 5-Button Backlit Trackball (Black)

The cst trackballs are about as top tier as you get, with trackballs you want a big ball, the bigger the ball, the better the accuracy/dpi, cst trackballs are the size of pool balls (and you can use as such). The one he had was a thumb/tiny ball.

Of course you can just get some logitech/kensington trackball for half the price, but most ppl hate em.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Does he still want a track ball?

CST2545-5W(GL) (L-Trac Glow) USB Wired Ambidextrous High Performance Laser Ergonomic 5-Button Backlit Trackball (Black)

The cst trackballs are about as top tier as you get, with trackballs you want a big ball, the bigger the ball, the better the accuracy/dpi, cst trackballs are the size of pool balls (and you can use as such). The one he had was a thumb/tiny ball.

Of course you can just get some logitech/kensington trackball for half the price, but most ppl hate em.

Although I think I have him leaning towards a more modern style, he might consider another track ball. I have been sending him all the links people have provided I really appreciate all the help everyone.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I don't think I could still game with a regular mouse if I tried. Trackball user since 1999. Still have a Microsoft Trackball Optical which just won't break down. Huge thing for big hands, 5 buttons, nice. I also use a trackball at work. Got pain in my right arm/hand when I still used a mouse at work and switched. Never looked back.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't think I could still game with a regular mouse if I tried. Trackball user since 1999. Still have a Microsoft Trackball Optical which just won't break down. Huge thing for big hands, 5 buttons, nice. I also use a trackball at work. Got pain in my right arm/hand when I still used a mouse at work and switched. Never looked back.
spoil yourself and get the cst trackballs

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I didn't read the entire thread, but I've been using a razer blackwidow chroma for awhile since my G15 died a couple years ago. I was super annoyed that the drivers wanted you to log in and store crap on a server.

I just closed the login and didn't use any of the software features. It would cycle between colors in the "spectrum" mode, and that was fine.

Lightning hit nearby yesterday and since the reboot the keyboard was just black, and I work in the dark and need the keys lit up.

I ran across rsandoz/razer-drivers-win32 and got it working. Best to get rsandoz/razer-drivers and it will grab the win32 as a submodule. I wrote a basic app to set a static color, change brightness, or put it onto that spectrummy mode if anyone wants it.

Cybsled

Any mice that are close to the MS Intellimouse II? I’ve been using the same mouse for the past 15 years or so and it still works, but I’ve noticed the left and middle mouse buttons have been intermittently sticking.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I use the intellimouse for about 15 years as well. Love it, but will only last so long. It's very hard to find a mouse with out of the way buttons on each side just to have a back/forward button regardless of gaming.

My right click got sticky and I had to take it apart and clean it. Be really slow and in a well lit area you should be OK. Not much online, but watch the little brackets on the side inside that basically hold everything together it's very easy to break one if you get rampbuncios. You can probably just open it up and blow compressed air thru/over it if you have compressed air which I probably could have done, but didn't. The entire thing breaks down into only like 3-4 parts. The outside case in top and button that also holds the LED for the red light in the background. The main left and right click buttons are made into the top case part. The left and right side buttons are the seperate part held in place by the above mentioned brackets inside, and that's about it. The left and right main buttons just sit on a button attached to the bottom case for clicks, and the "mosue" part is optical and mounted to the bottom case. Not much to it really.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
lulz wtf?
ae94724f37fea8e932de9451963d961a.png

my og deathadder mouse wheel crapped out on me, so i just took a mx510 from my htpc and thought i could change the dpi (mouse software is only for windows xp), then this showed up.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If it's a special edition or popular mouse isn't available anymore some people will price that stuff like it's gold. For lulz check out G9x prices.
I had a G9x, that thing was a piece of shit. The only thing I liked was the texture of the "slip cover" or whatever you want to call it, but that eventually wore off. Still, funny to see it listed for nearly $200....

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had a G9x, that thing was a piece of shit. The only thing I liked was the texture of the "slip cover" or whatever you want to call it, but that eventually wore off. Still, funny to see it listed for nearly $200....
There seems to be no middle ground on the G9x, people either love it or hate it. I've had 2 for about the last 10 years, replaced who knows how many cables and replaced the switches twice. I'll probably switch to a G502 or something when these bastards finally die for real.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So sick and tired of crazy mice i just went and ordered the highest rated cheap mouse
Havit Gaming Mouse, 2800DPI 6 Buttons LED Optical Wired Mouse

Holy shit it's pretty good for just 10bucks. after a few days i finally got tired of the mouse button, so i've decided to mod it, i'm probably the only person in the world that mods the mouse buttons, i take out the micro switches and put in cherrymx, the resistance on the regular mouse buttons is just too much for me. opened it up, found out it has like two huge weights, wow, now it's even lighter.

unfortunately i have no idea where my dremel is, i can't seem to find it, last project i was doing, i was sanding down screws holding my wood floors down.