Keyboards & Mice

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I got the 502 last year for PUBG and other games because I sucked at it with a trackball.

One year later I still suck at shooters, just can't blame it on the input device now!

Joking aside, it's a solid piece of equipment, with lots of buttons and very configurable. Would buy again.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The 502 was impossible to work as a palm grip mouse for me as it's just too narrow for its length. I really loved the button layout though. 5 buttons to work with or 6 if you repurpose the sensitivity switcher. Far more practical layout than the silly 12 button mmo mice.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
So the right click on my Logitech G700 is dying, so I'm looking for a replacement. Ideally I'm looking for a mouse on the larger side, palm grip, with at least 3, preferably 4 thumb buttons. I have a MX master for my surface and while I love the scroll wheel on it, the 2 thumb buttons are really awkward to use. The 9+ buttons on an mmo style mouse seem like overkill to me, but if everything else is perfect I'd consider it.

These are what I'm currently looking at:

I would consider this:

But I've heard plenty of negative things about the Razer software and that you need to log in to it to even use it. I pulled the plug on Gefore experience once NVIDIA pulled that shit.

Anybody have any suggestions?
You replace that G700 and want to sell it let me know and we can try to work something out.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So the right click on my Logitech G700 is dying, so I'm looking for a replacement. Ideally I'm looking for a mouse on the larger side, palm grip, with at least 3, preferably 4 thumb buttons. I have a MX master for my surface and while I love the scroll wheel on it, the 2 thumb buttons are really awkward to use. The 9+ buttons on an mmo style mouse seem like overkill to me, but if everything else is perfect I'd consider it.

These are what I'm currently looking at:

I would consider this:

But I've heard plenty of negative things about the Razer software and that you need to log in to it to even use it. I pulled the plug on Gefore experience once NVIDIA pulled that shit.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Quit being so paranoid and just login!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
You replace that G700 and want to sell it let me know and we can try to work something out.

Opening up the thing and repairing it is a possibility should I not find a satisfactory replacement. The button may just need cleaning. It's amusing to see it listed for $250+ used on amazon.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Opening up the thing and repairing it is a possibility should I not find a satisfactory replacement. The button may just need cleaning. It's amusing to see it listed for $250+ used on amazon.
Yeah there's some guys on there that sell off Logitech stuff for $$$ when it's no longer made. Probably need to replace the switch, first it basically randomly double click?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah there's some guys on there that sell off Logitech stuff for $$$ when it's no longer made. Probably need to replace the switch, first it basically randomly double click?

Sometimes a double click, sometimes no click. I've had the thing for 6 years and I figured I might as well see if there is anything better out there. I am not a big fan of the style of thumb buttons on it, but I do like everything else about it.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
you can either replace the switch or clean it. note cleaning it by opening a micro switch is an neigh impossible feat, you can drive some isopryphol alcohol down there to clean up some gun, maybe see if you can do a quick spray of wd40.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone have experience with the low profile mechanical boards that are around? Been on just a laptop for almost a year now and putting a desktop together finally. Wondering if I should try them out. Not a lot of places to try these out in person, bleh. Been mostly looking at the Corsair K70 and the Cooler Master sk650

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've recently picked up a Corsair K68 and have been loving it. I've been wanting a good mechanical keyboard for awhile, but the last time I purchased one my wife/kid had it destroyed in less than a week from leaving a half full cup on my desk. Maybe a month after that, the same thing again claimed my Razer mouse, and I gave up on buying nice peripherals in favor of the cheapest "gamer" gear I could find online, if it got destroyed, drop another $10-15, no big deal. Now that my daughter is older, and we have a little more space, I actually get my desk left alone (for the most part). Got the K68 because it is IP32 rated, and after watching a torture test, figured it might be safe enough to last a bit. I was more interested in the new Razer Ultimate that is IP54 rated, but it only comes with their god awful, crunchy as fuck green switches, and the cherry reds in this K68 aren't too clicky, though I prefer browns or Razers orange switches. After really liking the keyboard, I went ahead and grabbed the Corsair M65 Pro RGB mouse from work, and a little over $100 later (BB discount is choice) I am absolutely loving both. The LED color synchronization on both the keyboard and mouse when I fired up Metro Exodus, has been a surprisingly nice immersion feature, as I sit back and play with a controller, the lighting helps frame my monitor and fill up my peripheral in a very positive way. I didn't even know that was thing with a lot of this new RGB stuff, my friend was telling me every LED in his entire rig (fans, RAM, GPU, MOBO, everything has RGB) does that for a lot of games. You'd think working at one of the biggest electronics retailers in the country, I'd be more aware of a lot of this, then I remember I spend the bulk of my time trying to keep old penny pincher's 10 year old Win7 units from spontaneously committing justifiable suicide.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
if you think reds are clicky, you're bottoming out and have to rethink how you type.

Yeah, I realized that pretty quickly, and am slowly adjusting. It wasn't an issue with the last keyboard I had with brown switches, so it took me a minute to realize when I wasn't hammering keys, reds don't make much sound at all. Because of how the membrane keyboard I've been using prior to this typed, it's going to take me a minute to stop typing so forcefully.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Unfortunately I don't have a choice with my work laptop, and my gaming laptop, I'm too lazy to bring along an extra keyboard, so I'm never going to get full use outta my mechanical keyboard at home, but I do for sure love typing on it! Have the Corsair K70 LUX , with brown switches!