Keyboards & Mice

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I don't know about the deathadder, but the Razer stuff I had (Anansi and Naga) completely shit out after six months. The software also caused some weird issues here and there. I replaced it with a Logitech G600 and G105 (almost identical products, but cheaper) and they've made it close to 6 years now with no signs of slowing down.

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone got a reccomendation for a good mechanical keyboard for WoW classic and some other games like PUBG etc? Never used a mechanical, what are the benefits?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Anyone got a reccomendation for a good mechanical keyboard for WoW classic and some other games like PUBG etc? Never used a mechanical, what are the benefits?
a basic 20$ came w/ the computer keyboard or even a high end non mechanical switch will have whats called a membrane (slicone) switch. Basically you have to put enough pressure/force in order to actuate, the force is probably about 80gf or more, it varies and it feels "mushy"

a mechanical keyboard w/ cherry mx keys will have anywhere between 35 to 50gf of activation force, half of what a silicone keyboard is needed to actuate. In gaming benefits, this should at least lead to faster response times and less fatigue, and maybe(many do) RSI benefits.

if you want more beyond that, ask, as far as recommending one, my keyboards are not fit for normal gaming heh, i'm sure someone will chime in.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I've had a Corsair strafe with cherry mx reds for several years and have been happy with it. Reds are the non clicky switches with a very low actuation force. I put some o rings on it and it's no louder than a membrane keyboard.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

I have like 10 (tried like 20) mechanical keyboards. None reaaaaly suck. Even the cheap 40 dollar ones. Just that some are much better than others. It really boils down to size/software/switch type.

Out of my 10. The Corsair K65 stays on my desk now. Best gaming keyboard IMO as far as size/software/switch type goes (Red switches). Switch type really is your preference though. I would 100% buy a refurb, just an FYI. Get the 3 year service from Amazon. Save 50 bucks.

I also linked my cheapo work keyboard. 45 bucks. No software. Limited backlighing options. But solid as far as everything else goes.

The complete guide to mechanical keyboard switches for gaming

167174_aaaaaa.jpg

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Also, if you're unsure what switches you'd prefer and don't have anywhere to demo them, you can order packs of various switches for less than $10 on Amazon.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've got a k70 low profile that I like quite a bit once I got used to it. This is my first mechanical keyboard

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I picked up a K70 RGB MK.2 with Cherry Browns a month or so ago, and I like it. I've never tried to set up anything custom. The LEDs are still in the stock "swirl" config, LOL.

I'm still trying to get accustomed to it from the ancient weirdo keyboard that I've used for the last 15 years.

Now I just need a mouse that feels comfy in a 'large' hand. I have some Razor mouse with a lot of buttons, but it's actually a PITA to use the extra buttons w/o playing hand-twister while gaming. I legit don't know how anyone can use it, unless they have child-sized hands.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I liked my k65 enough, but I'm super happy with my Steelseries Apex M750 TKL. The switches definitely feel quite a bit different, but they still feel good. They take like nothing to trigger though, so if you have heavy fingers you might press some keys on accident. I need to try to get better and not just bottom out keys, because the keyboard would be damn near silent if I could stop myself from doing that, but it's just 25 years of habit at this point. Do o-rings help with that? Should I try them?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I liked my k65 enough, but I'm super happy with my Steelseries Apex M750 TKL. The switches definitely feel quite a bit different, but they still feel good. They take like nothing to trigger though, so if you have heavy fingers you might press some keys on accident. I need to try to get better and not just bottom out keys, because the keyboard would be damn near silent if I could stop myself from doing that, but it's just 25 years of habit at this point. Do o-rings help with that? Should I try them?

it's something you just have to try yourself, they're only like 10bucks but you have so much variety than b4.

some ppl did have issues w/ cherry mx and orings, the stem had too much wobble, no idea on these new switches.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
it's something you just have to try yourself, they're only like 10bucks but you have so much variety than b4.

some ppl did have issues w/ cherry mx and orings, the stem had too much wobble, no idea on these new switches.
Yeah I ordered some. They'll be here Monday, we'll see. I should have just done it when I got this keyboard like a month ago since I instantly put new keycaps on it so had them all off

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I really wanted to get a k70 today, but just not clicky enough for me.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The black k70 was on display, was considering the white one on sale.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsai...gb-backlighting-black/5226009.p?skuId=5226009

I'm not super familiar w/ all the key cap types, just prefer something a little more clicky than the above link. The Logitech and Razer keyboards on display I liked more, but not in a big hury to switch, just have the itch :p

Currently using a G710+ w/ Cherry MX Brown per Amazon.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The black k70 was on display, was considering the white one on sale.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsai...gb-backlighting-black/5226009.p?skuId=5226009

I'm not super familiar w/ all the key cap types, just prefer something a little more clicky than the above link. The Logitech and Razer keyboards on display I liked more, but not in a big hury to switch, just have the itch :p

Currently using a G710+ w/ Cherry MX Brown per Amazon.
yea the black is ZERO click, whatever you "hear" is actually bottoming out of the switch and stem.

If you mean "clicky" as in click clack the switch makes a noise, then it's only cherry mx blues, what you have now, browns also don't click but have a "tactile" feel at he actuation point.

this looks like a good enough video

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
A buddy of mine is getting a new keyboard and is offering me his Razer blackwidow elite in orange? for $100. Said it is 2 months old but it's not for him, is this keyboard any good? Going to test it out this week sometime.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>