Keyboards & Mice

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, the middle button on my Mionix Naos 7000 is going out, AGAIN. Not registering, double registering, being persnickety about angle you push it (I tend to be all over the place on the middle button, sometimes pushing down and forward at the rear junction of where the wheel meets the mouse body, sometimes pushing down and back at same place on the forward side of the wheel, sometimes just straight down). When new, all these registered well, now only straight down registers consistently.

This is the 2nd of these mice in 4 years to have this problem. Other than this, I love the size and shape of this mouse and the build quality on these are rock solid.

I do tend to bodyslam the mouse when frustrated (which gets more and more common as the middle button flakes out mid games, thus starting a cycle of destruction); and you really can't tell visually, or by any of the other buttons.

Been looking at Logitech's offerings off and on the last week. So many choices!

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Been looking at Logitech's offerings off and on the last week.

Logitech might be the worst when it comes to this kind of problem. Even the most expensive models have the same out of spec Omron switches, just with a different plating that inflates lifetime in an ultra low humidity testing environment. If you can find a deal on something that meets your needs, get a pair of it so you have a spare.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Too lazy to read a bunch of replies. I've been using a Logitech G400s for what feels like forever. It's been getting an inadvertent double click.

Looking for something similar since they don't make these anymore. Wired. Seems fucking impossible to find anything worth a damn.

Don't want to spend more than like $60-70. Play Warzone a good bit, so something fps friendly.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Snagged the Razer Huntsman Mini (60% keyboard). I mostly grabbed it for the software since there aren't many if any 60% keyboards with software worth a damn. The build quality is damn good if not great! It uses an optical/buckling switch that feels fantastic. Definitely has a shorter actuation distance that's noticeable. I went with the tactile version as opposed to the linear. Software is the same ol' Razer Synapse. I know most hate it, but it's simple and clean to use.

Would recommend buying for $120 bucks no problem.

IMG_20200814_090044.jpg

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Snagged the Razer Huntsman Mini (60% keyboard). I mostly grabbed it for the software since there aren't many if any 60% keyboards with software worth a damn. The build quality is damn good if not great! It uses an optical/buckling switch that feels fantastic. Definitely has a shorter actuation distance that's noticeable. I went with the tactile version as opposed to the linear. Software is the same ol' Razer Synapse. I know most hate it, but it's simple and clean to use.

Would recommend buying for $120 bucks no problem.

View attachment 293121
wow holy shit, the keyswitch game is moving
is that a changing screen for goblin slayer behind him? dude thats weird

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
is that a changing screen for goblin slayer behind him? dude thats weird

You mutha fukkas notice the weirdest shit in pictures! If I was a serial killer, damn I'd be caught with the damn forensic bastards on this board!

Yeah, I can honestly say I like these switches over Cherry's. Blasphemous to some I know, but they really are great.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
You mutha fukkas notice the weirdest shit in pictures! If I was a serial killer, damn I'd be caught with the damn forensic bastards on this board!

Yeah, I can honestly say I like these switches over Cherry's. Blasphemous to some I know, but they really are great.
serial killer still didn't answer the question... hmmm

is yours tactile and clicky?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I hate squishy keys with a passion. I need a key that fights back and goes clack. I have the coolermaster masterkeys full layout with green switches. No RBG bullshit. I am satisfied.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys have any suggestions for a mechanical keyboard, here are my needs.

Full size
Dual wired/wireless
Minimal bells and whistles.

Basically as long as it clicks and my wife can move it around for whatever reason she comes up with it can be acceptable. I'm not a huge fan of backlighting the keyboards like a 90's Honda but illuminated lettering is nice.

Thanks dudes

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
You guys have any suggestions for a mechanical keyboard, here are my needs.

Full size
Dual wired/wireless
Minimal bells and whistles.

Basically as long as it clicks and my wife can move it around for whatever reason she comes up with it can be acceptable. I'm not a huge fan of backlighting the keyboards like a 90's Honda but illuminated lettering is nice.

Thanks dudes
You're going to have trouble finding a wireless mechanical that is "full sized" for a reasonable price. Most are 60%'ers.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're going to have trouble finding a wireless mechanical that is "full sized" for a reasonable price. Most are 60%'ers.
Price isn't a issue, budget is as high as 200 usd. I mainly don't want the extras because I don't like them.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Price isn't a issue, budget is as high as 200 usd. I mainly don't want the extras because I don't like them.

I love my g915 if price isn't a thing. Overpriced yet somehow worth every penny

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Bought a G502 LIGHTSPEED wireless because I was able to get it for 90 instead of the 130 or 150 they usually want for it.

We'll see, but I bet the buttons shit the bed in 6-9 months.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I ended up getting a steelseries apex 3 with the whisper quiet switches. The whole wireless requirement was my wife's, she can get her own damn keyboard. Thanks for the advice fellas.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So my mouse started doing something fucky with not holding when I hold the mouse button down, or double-clicking when I'm holding the button down, just random clicky action. Closed the stupid shit Razer ap and it went back to working fine. How's that for Grade A software support. Fucking Razer. I love your mice, your software is TRASH.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
trying out different mice cuz of sales, got roccat, don't like gonna return,

got a logitech 203, that was nice, decided to upgrade to 502

jesus christ wtf is up w/ the wheel lock/unlock?

gonna keep that and swap between that and razer death addler

razer does have the most garbage wheels, even tho i used death addler for 20yeras