Keyboards & Mice

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So my Deathadder Chroma started having the double-click issue after more than 3.5 years. This is my 2nd Deathadder and my previous one also developed the exact same double-click issue after 6 years of use. I love the feel of the mouse, but I really don't want to be stuck buying a new mouse this often and I'm really sick of the Razer software bullshit.

Has anyone that loved the feel of their Deathadder switched to something that they think feels identical (or even very similar)?
Don't Death Adder's go on sale for $30 quite regularly? I feel like Best Buy had them on sale even this week for that price. You pay $10/year for your mouse, that you love, and that's too much?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Don't Death Adder's go on sale for $30 quite regularly? I feel like Best Buy had them on sale even this week for that price. You pay $10/year for your mouse, that you love, and that's too much?

If it was 30 bucks I would buy it right now and never have said a word. The comparable Deathadder is 70 bucks right now and there is no telling how quickly the double click issue will reappear. Some people see it in less than 6 months and there is no know solution for it.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
If it was 30 bucks I would buy it right now and never have said a word. The comparable Deathadder is 70 bucks right now and there is no telling how quickly the double click issue will reappear. Some people see it in less than 6 months and there is no know solution for it.
It's probably just a switch on the board that's either really dirty or needs replacement. If you're good with a soldering iron that's about a $5 fix.

• 1Like

Crone

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

Crone

Well I'll be damned. Thanks man, just picked one up.

The current year equivalent was showing the v2 for me on Amazon at 70 bucks and the elite was OOS so I figured it was an older version and didn't even look it up anywhere else.

Imagine buying computer parts from Best Buy in 2020. What world is this?
Lol, I buy a ton of shit from Best Buy, but typically only accessories. Headsets, mice, keyboards. They also have great deals on TVs and appliances, so yea. They are fine. I remembered seeing it on Slickdeals, so I knew it was on sale.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I actually bought a spare DA for $25 and it's just sitting in the box because unfortunately these do break

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
just desolder the omron switch and put a new one on, it's like a dollar per switch on ebay

these are the 10m, OMRON D2F-01F-T

and

50million clicks,
D2FC-F-K(50M)-RZ

of course it's shipping from China, so epacket o virus.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
What's y'alls' preferred methods for cleaning a keyboard? I've got a Corsair K70. Is it taking off every key and wiping it down that way? Or is something like this easier? Or just a classic compressed air can?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
What's y'alls' preferred methods for cleaning a keyboard? I've got a Corsair K70. Is it taking off every key and wiping it down that way? Or is something like this easier? Or just a classic compressed air can?

I remove the keycaps. Wipe with alcohol and spray with air.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Queued it up for ya.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Depends on how clean you want it. Compressed air works for a while, but if you're a smoker (leaves more sticky skin cells), or have cats, or both, you'll wanna pull the caps.

Dishwasher works fine. Just gotta dry it for like a week or two to be safe.

I spilled beer in my Ducky. Stopped working. Got a new cheap one. Set the ducky aside to save the nice key caps until I could get another ducky. Plugged it back in after a couple months on a whim and it works fine.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Oh it's not gross at all. Just a dusting would be good. But you know, trying to find things to do. Only so many times I can jerk off in one day.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone here have a Logitech G Pro wireless mouse? My first impression is that I loved it... But I'm not so sure now. I have this issue when using it while browsing and just messing around on my PC that I cannot stop fucking accidentally clicking the right-click button. It's driving me up the fucking wall. It just feels insanely sensitive. Also, I hate whatever material logitech switched to over the last decade to make mice. Once you use their mice for a few days, the plastic material seems to just completely fade and it becomes this super slick plastic surface on the click buttons. I feel like older mice never had that issue?

I loved the idea of the wireless G pro mouse, but now I'm unsure. I love the weight and performance, but those two factors are killing me. So a recommendation for a great mouse would be appreciated (one that hopefully avoids my weird issues lol).

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Ever since my G700 died last year I've been struggling to find a good replacement. I wanted 4+ thumb buttons, a good scroll wheel and something that would last. The last non Logitech mouse I had used was the old Microsoft intellimouse, which I would put right below the original MX518, which was the best mouse I ever owned.

Nothing from Logitech really interested me so I started looking at other brands. I ended up settling on a Corsair Dark Core RGB, as I found it on sale pretty cheap as a combo with the wireless charging pad. I figured I could live with only having 3 thumb buttons. Big mistake. If I actually used it wirelessly and had to charge it (wired), it would eventually heat up and stop working. If I left it on the wireless charging pad, I would have to wait a good 5 minutes and turn it off and on repeatedly to get it to start working.

Tried a Razer Naga Trinity next, which is my current mouse. Not bad, feels a bit cheap but it is light, and the ability to change out thumb button panels depending on what I'm doing is nice. I had heard nothing good about the software, but I haven't had any issues with it. I didn't even have to log in with a Razer account in order to use it.

Unfortunately it has now developed double click disease in the left mouse button after about 8 months of use. Combine that with it's garbage scroll wheel and I'm not going to bother trying to fix it, so I took a look at what Logitech has to offer now.

I think I've found what might be perfect for me, the G604. 6 thumb buttons and a scroll wheel that will switch between ratcheting and free spinning. The only downside I see is that it only works wirelessly and it uses a singe AA battery, which has its pros and cons.