Keyboards & Mice

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Look what just came out:

I want this so bad but I just bought a K65 LUX, plus I already own a K65 wireless, a K70 and a K95 Platinum.
wth, i'm amazed cherry came out w/ a new switch, it's basically a cherry red w/ 0.3mm less travel

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
wth, i'm amazed cherry came out w/ a new switch, it's basically a cherry red w/ 0.3mm less travel
MX Speed Silvers aren't new, Corsair just had exclusivity for a while. I have a K95 Platinum with Speed Silvers and they are awesome for certain types of games, particularly MMOs and fast, movement-heavy shooters but unfortunately, I no longer enjoy using a keyboard with a numpad because I have way more mousing room without one. Not ready to go to a 60% keyboard because I use delete, home, end, page up/page down way too much.

This new Corsair K70 TLK comes in MX Red or MX Speed Silver.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
MX Speed Silvers aren't new, Corsair just had exclusivity for a while. I have a K95 Platinum with Speed Silvers and they are awesome for certain types of games, particularly MMOs and fast, movement-heavy shooters but unfortunately, I no longer enjoy using a keyboard with a numpad because I have way more mousing room without one. Not ready to go to a 60% keyboard because I use delete, home, end, page up/page down way too much.

This new Corsair K70 TLK comes in MX Red or MX Speed Silver.
Yeah i like the keyboard i have with silvers but maaaaaaan are they sensitive. That said I went back to using a 60% then just bought a separate 10key for when I need it.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Is there a quality 60% keyboard that still has media keys that aren't function keys?
Most Corsair TKL keyboards have dedicated multimedia keys, even the new K70 Mist posted about.

2506828-n0.jpg

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I mean one that didn't have the arrow keys and home delete etc
That would be like asking Apple to include exchangeable batteries.

It's no longer about "form follows function", it's "designed by people who never have to do any actual work, for people that want to show off that they don't have to, either."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I can't even imagine not having Home/Delete/End. Particularly End.

My ideal keyboard would be the K70 TKL but with the 6 macro keys from the K95.

Or maybe a module keyboard with sidecars you could add for macro keys and 10keys and numpad.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I tried 60% keyboard and realized how much i rely on direction keys and home/end. 75% keyboard is the way to go.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Look what just came out:

I want this so bad but I just bought a K65 LUX, plus I already own a K65 wireless, a K70 and a K95 Platinum.
Wow and I thought I was bad with owning so many keyboards. I own 2 Corsair keyboards (70 and 90) and 1 Steelseries Pro TKL keyboard. I been thinking about getting another Corsair keyboard. Something definitely mechanical but quiet at the same time. I hate the loud clicking noises some keyboards make. Plus not having a number pad is starting to drive me mental. What’s the difference between the cherry and speed version?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Wow and I thought I was bad with owning so many keyboards. I own 2 Corsair keyboards (70 and 90) and 1 Steelseries Pro TKL keyboard. I been thinking about getting another Corsair keyboard. Something definitely mechanical but quiet at the same time. I hate the loud clicking noises some keyboards make. Plus not having a number pad is starting to drive me mental. What’s the difference between the cherry and speed version?
MX Speed are the same as MX Red as far as total travel distance, resistance and noise, but the actuation point (the point in the travel at which the signal is sent) is so high that they trigger as soon as you think about hitting the key. Typing on them is tough, you will hit keys unintended sometimes, but I got used to it on my K95 Platinum.

• 1Like

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

You might want to look into $15 o-rings before going to a whole new keyboard if you like what you have except noise.

1618255719373.png

Cherry MX Rubber O-Ring Switch Dampeners Blue 40A-R - 0.4mm Reduction (125pcs)

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
MX Speed are the same as MX Red as far as total travel distance, resistance and noise, but the actuation point (the point in the travel at which the signal is sent) is so high that they trigger as soon as you think about hitting the key. Typing on them is tough, you will hit keys unintended sometimes, but I got used to it on my K95 Platinum.
I had that problem with reds. Barely resting my heavy ass fingers on any key would activate it. Awesome for twitch gaming, shitty for general use. Though I could hit 130-160 wpm very easily with em. Would be nice to have variable, digital settings to switch between. Browns or blues have been my middle of the road.

You might want to look into $15 o-rings before going to a whole new keyboard if you like what you have except noise.

View attachment 347749
Cherry MX Rubber O-Ring Switch Dampeners Blue 40A-R - 0.4mm Reduction (125pcs)
You can get 2000 of these for $2 (too lazy to link it, simple rubber gaskets can be had for super cheap and serve the same purpose). Highly suggest them. Makes a significant difference in the noise when you bottom out, removing half of the noise, and being better able to differentiate the clack on clicky keys like browns or blues from when the key bottoms out. Makes reds nearly as noiseless as membrane keys. Also reduces a bit of the strain from bottoming out on your fingers, if you're the type that punches keys all fucking day. Also, you'll annoy everyone a lot less if you're the type that runs open or voice activated mic. Something I wish boards came with by default.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
There are people who buy keyboards without the number pad? It's cringe enough I have to watch people try to type in numbers using the bar at the top of the letters at work, but those people have trouble double-clicking. They always look bewildered when they see how fast I can input stuff into excel. But people rejecting the number pad on a gaming forum?? I used the numpad so much I could do right, left or both hands on it. It is clearly superior to the regular keyboard when input speed is important.

I often had it set up where i could use my thumb on the arrows to change what the input was and type anything one handed extremely fast. It's four fingers wide with a well-laid out thumb area to the side, which is exactly the amount you have, and the keys on the bottom are large enough that you can distinguish and use your palm to press them while typing with other fingers, which is a good starting block for learning to include your palm in typing. This is all super basic knowledge to anyone who did calculator competitions as a kid. There's a reason the most popular competition calculator has two sets of 5-wide buttons that laid out in an offset pattern to make it easy to navigate with two hands.

And of course you people have mice with what, only two buttons on the side. Haraam.

• 2Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I use my 10 key for work all day long.

I'm also accustomed to hitting the enter key on the side of the 10 key when I'm clicking around and need to do an enter to confirm something. :/

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It's been years since I've done data entry. Most of my spreadsheets and data generation is done with automation these days. I've got a separate 10key board I've used maybe once, two years ago filling out my tax expense report.

Calculator competition is 100% nerd alert...

...that I participated in.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I use my 10 key row a lot but I never use my numpad anymore. Definitely not for my gaming setup.