Keyboards & Mice

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Anyone here doing a 60-65% KB? Trying to downsize a little. So many options.

I have a few. I have a Corsair. A Razer and a Dierya. Corsair is built the best. Followed by the Razer then the Dierya. I find myself not using them much lately because the function keys are needed in a few games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I have a few. I have a Corsair. A Razer and a Dierya. Corsair is built the best. Followed by the Razer then the Dierya. I find myself not using them much lately because the function keys are needed in a few games.

Thanks, may copy you and keep 2 keyboards (ordered a K65 Mini (60%) and a Durgod Hades 68 (65%)to test)

p.s for anyone who uses the RGB function I found SignalRGB, let’s you control your RGB even if from different ecosystems. Pretty sure that Corsair legend Alex has partnered or created it, he’s definitely a contributor. Anyways, don’t have to deal with Corsair and razers shite programs (ICue specifically)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Try a 75%. I had a 65(?) and losing the F keys/pageup/down etc. and having to use function combos to access them got really annoying.

I have something similar to this but with red switches and love it.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the 4100 has been my htpc keyboard for over 10years
2aacd55e51298e934d35db4d68310c5a.png

i know no one would ever use it tho, i keep it around b/c its ps2, small out of the way and just sometimes your computer fucks up and you need a wired connection. (htpc uses logitech wireless)

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Ducky One 2 Mini Pure White - RGB LED 60% Double Shot PBT Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Brown)
I have the full size Ducky with 10 key and I am very happy with the product. They offer multiple sizes check them out.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
My 60% and 65% boards came in, immediately realized I’m unable to get into my BIOS with these two boards since the boot up doesn’t recognize the function key.

edit: realized shift + restart will let me into UEFI

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Bought a $20 wired Deathadder Essential b/c my work G500 was dying and the left-click wasn't useable. This thing feels terrible. Holy cow. My wireless Deathadder Viper feels 1000% better.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Came here to say that my 6-year-old K70 Lux Corsair keyboard finally had some keys go bad, and was time for an upgrade. Through GPU bundles I had EVGA's new Z15 keyboard available and so I opened that up and for a pro gamer, it's probably great, but I can't stand how sensitive the keys are. Maybe I could keep using it and get used to it, but the slightest touch on any key and it's being pressed. In theory that's good but not what I'm used to at all. Gonna sell this and go back to some Cherry Brown switches.

• 1Like

Crone

Came here to say that my 6-year-old K70 Lux Corsair keyboard finally had some keys go bad, and was time for an upgrade. Through GPU bundles I had EVGA's new Z15 keyboard available and so I opened that up and for a pro gamer, it's probably great, but I can't stand how sensitive the keys are. Maybe I could keep using it and get used to it, but the slightest touch on any key and it's being pressed. In theory that's good but not what I'm used to at all. Gonna sell this and go back to some Cherry Brown switches.
Ended up realizing that the EVGA z15 is hot-swappable keys so for $35 I got in new Kailh brown box switches and swapped them all out. The keyboard is great now, and exactly what I want. If I go back to the recliner though I'll have to find a wireless option.

Crone

Wait, doesn't the EVGA z10 already have Kailh brown switches?
I believe it can? I got mine in a bundle with a video card from antonline and so I didn't have a choice of switch type. The ones that it came with were the silvers, and I didn't like that at all. I like the tactile response.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I believe it can? I got mine in a bundle with a video card from antonline and so I didn't have a choice of switch type.
Disregard what I said, the Z10 had Kailh brown switches. Key word is "had", because EVGA doesn't offer it anymore.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
20220221_135323.jpg

A week or so ago I literally wore out my keyboard... the one that came with the computer which is now pushing 10 years old or so.

I got a Razer Ornata V2... it feels premium to a relative techy/gaming newb like me. I'm unsure if I really like the lights or they're annoying.

Was just curious if anyone has any suggestions, if they too own a Razer, for custom color/display. I just don't think I can stand looking at the rainbow constantly in my peripheral but I kinda don't want to turn it off either as it's quite beautiful.

So weird, isn't it?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 402961

A week or so ago I literally wore out my keyboard... the one that came with the computer which is now pushing 10 years old or so.

I got a Razer Ornata V2... it feels premium to a relative techy/gaming newb like me. I'm unsure if I really like the lights or they're annoying.

Was just curious if anyone has any suggestions, if they too own a Razer, for custom color/display. I just don't think I can stand looking at the rainbow constantly in my peripheral but I kinda don't want to turn it off either as it's quite beautiful.

So weird, isn't it?
My keyboard is the only thing I use RGB on. Mainly because it's wireless, and that lets me know if it's on or not. Even though that's not really relevant because there isn't actually a wake up time, I can just type instantly and it goes. But I just use a solid dark blue. I find all the different wavy shit and different colors etc to be way too much.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Theres something I did a couple years ago with my last PC - I'd have to track the software down, but it was a piece of software that basically turned all the RGB (peripherals and the PC itself) on when the system goes into standby. I havent cared enough to find it on my newest build, but if you like the "thought" of RGB but are like me, and hate it when Im actively using the PC, then you might try to find that.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Bought a K70 TKL with blue switches, so I can hot swap it for my K70 TKL with Speed Silver switches.

In my defense, it was on sale really cheap!

Keyboards with USB-C connectors are my favorite innovation in a long time; being able to quickly disconnect a keyboard is surprisingly useful.

• 1Like