Keyboards & Mice

Palum

what Suineg set it to
My Logitech keyboard is starting to double press some keys.

Been really happy with my steelseries products but they seem to have skyrocketed in price. Pretty sure I bought a numpad-less steelseries for $120 last year for my GF, now they are all around $200.

Any tips on other good keyboards in the sub $150 range.
Uhh Keychron my dude

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Never heard of. Whats good about them and any specific model?
IMO one of the best values I've found so far. I have a K4 wireless. They have all sorts of models and prices vary based on how crazy you are about esoteric keyboard components.

I think $110 for the k4 wireless is a great deal, I added the acacia wrist wrest and it's comfy.

I also use a few redragon ones because they are really solid cheapies but figuring you are looking for something a bit above that

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
IMO one of the best values I've found so far. I have a K4 wireless. They have all sorts of models and prices vary based on how crazy you are about esoteric keyboard components.

I think $110 for the k4 wireless is a great deal, I added the acacia wrist wrest and it's comfy.

I also use a few redragon ones because they are really solid cheapies but figuring you are looking for something a bit above that
I'll check them out. I kinda like the minimalistisk style they use. I do need an wrist rest though so will need to check for that as well.

Aazrael

Palum Palum The K4 seems to be on sale right now here for $99 so feels like good deal. Normal price is around $125 here in Sweden.

Was also looking at the K6 but might miss the Funktion buttons and numpad I'd think. Nice and compact though.

Will probably order the K4 and a palm rest. I smashed my Logitech real hard the other day and broke 2 keys on the numpad. Had to glue them to make them stick. :p

Red or brown switches?

Last edited:

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Palum Palum The K4 seems to be on sale right now here for $99 so feels like good deal. Normal price is around $125 here in Sweden.

Was also looking at the K6 but might miss the Funktion buttons and numpad I'd think. Nice and compact though.

Will probably order the K4 and a palm rest. I smashed my Logitech real hard the other day and broke 2 keys on the numpad. Had to glue them to make them stick. :p

Red or brown switches?
I bought the browns and am happy with them. I don't really like reds very much though because I like the tactile feedback to know when a key press is occurring. I find that reds don't have very good sensation of reset so it's easier to 'miss' double presses when spelling. I'm sure you can train yourself better or whatnot.

• 1Like

Aazrael

I bought the browns and am happy with them. I don't really like reds very much though because I like the tactile feedback to know when a key press is occurring. I find that reds don't have very good sensation of reset so it's easier to 'miss' double presses when spelling. I'm sure you can train yourself better or whatnot.
So the Browns click audibly or just feel a click when you press?

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So the Browns click audibly or just feel a click when you press?
There’s some noise but it isn’t obnoxious or anything. And I wouldn’t say there’s a ‘click’ more like a little resistance as the key moves.

1703792629045.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sythrak

Vyemm Raider
Probably a boomer question but what happened to all the G/macro key keyboards? I used a Corsair K95 for years and used the macro keys all the time in MMO's. Can't find anything at all that has more than 5 macro keys now.

Last edited:

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Probably a boomer question but what happened to all the G/macro key keyboards? I used a Corsair K95 for years and used the macro keys all the time in MMO's. Can't find anything at all that has more than 5 macro keys now.
Because they are kinda dumb. Also most keyboards can rebind function keys or something if you need to. They were never particularly ergonomic on most boards anyway.

If you want macros use autohotkey IMO.

Sythrak

Vyemm Raider
They were a nice way to bind abilities with games that had retarded amounts. Autohotkey just seems like an unnecessary layer but I guess I'm def in the minority here. Literally nothing exists that I can find, not even a custom keyboard. Not sure whether to keep using my K95 or put it in a glass case.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They were a nice way to bind abilities with games that had retarded amounts. Autohotkey just seems like an unnecessary layer but I guess I'm def in the minority here. Literally nothing exists that I can find, not even a custom keyboard. Not sure whether to keep using my K95 or put it in a glass case.

Well the problem is macro programs are against the TOS of most games. Also MMOs are a dead genre. They just aren't needed for most games and so became less prevalent.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Going to grab myself my first custom keyboard. I'm gravitating towards the Keychron Q6 (Full-size). Anyone have experience with these?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Going to grab myself my first custom keyboard. I'm gravitating towards the Keychron Q6 (Full-size). Anyone have experience with these?
I recently built my first custom keyboard (Monsgeek M2) and I'm extremely happy with it. My only real advise is make sure you get a keycap set that has all the appropriate size keycaps. This might be less of a problem since you are getting a full size keyboard. In my case I have shorter right alt/ctrl keys (1.5u) due to the board layout, and my set didn't have the 2 extra 1.5u pieces so it's a little wonky.

Also lube and stabilizers are pretty important for the bigger keys like spacebar, backspace, enter, etc.

Aazrael

Been looking at all the Keychrons and stupidly missed the good deal on the K4. I think the K2 model would fit better for what I seek. Still got F1-F12 but missing Numpad.

I did however pick up a Lamzu Thorn mouse and damn it feels nice as hell compared to my old Logitech G502.

Aazrael

6 keys broke off my G513 today. At least 2 of the 4 pins securing the keys were broken. QWERASD were all broken.

No idea if I have used some bad cleaning product that made the plastic brittle or something. Well found a Keychron K4 with Red switches for 99 dorrah. So ordered that one.

Aazrael

Lamzu Thorn and Keychron K4v2. Very nice.

I like the keyboard a lot. Thanks for the suggestion or I would have bought some shit brand keyboard thats overpriced.

PXL_20240104_155605984.jpg

• 1Like

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Ended up giving up on the Monsgeek M1 build. The build itself wasn't bad but there were ... issues. There were two version of the board made, one for china and one for international. Only the international board could be flashed to work with software to change any settings. Took me a month or so of emailing china and google translate to realize i was shipped the wrong board. Vendor went dark and was of no assistance. So stuck with default solid white backlight and now way to remap keys to support the alternate placement of pgup/pgdwn, home/end and delete of a 75% keyboard. Volume knob was set at default too low sensitivity and was slow as shit. Ended up not really liking the fancy Boba switches either.

Fuck it, going keychron lol

• 1Like

Aazrael

Ended up giving up on the Monsgeek M1 build. The build itself wasn't bad but there were ... issues. There were two version of the board made, one for china and one for international. Only the international board could be flashed to work with software to change any settings. Took me a month or so of emailing china and google translate to realize i was shipped the wrong board. Vendor went dark and was of no assistance. So stuck with default solid white backlight and now way to remap keys to support the alternate placement of pgup/pgdwn, home/end and delete of a 75% keyboard. Volume knob was set at default too low sensitivity and was slow as shit. Ended up not really liking the fancy Boba switches either.

Fuck it, going keychron lol
I kinda fell into a keyboard rabbit hole when researching the keychron. Found a whole new world of content creators that build and mod keyboards.

So while the keychron k4 was nice outa the box I did end up buying some lube and lubed the Gateron Reds. They are much nicer now but it is a nerdy as hell thing to do. They were good before but now they feel really good. Also put the foam from the box it came into the case and tape modded the PCB for some nicer sound when clicking away on they keys.

All totally unecessary but kinda fun to do. :p

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I kinda fell into a keyboard rabbit hole when researching the keychron. Found a whole new world of content creators that build and mod keyboards.

So while the keychron k4 was nice outa the box I did end up buying some lube and lubed the Gateron Reds. They are much nicer now but it is a nerdy as hell thing to do. They were good before but now they feel really good. Also put the foam from the box it came into the case and tape modded the PCB for some nicer sound when clicking away on they keys.

All totally unecessary but kinda fun to do. :p
dee.jpg

• 1Worf