Keyboards & Mice

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Juvarisx

Florida
Steelseires 6Gv/2, had this keyboard for 3 years now and its still flawless, well worth the investment

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX RGB with Cherry MX browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 is an amazing mouse and I use it for all of my general gaming/mmo. I recently started using the Zowie EC1-A for Overwatch and it is hands down one of the smoothest mice I've ever owned. Pair that sucker up with Zowie G-SR mouse pad and you'll be in FPS heaven.

Ryanz

<Banned>
I haven't purchased a Razer product since they first started making mice way back in the day. I'm a confessed Logitech fanboy. That being said, I was looking to replace my Logitech keyboard with a new mechanical one. I went to fry's and was trying out all the different mechanical keyboards they had on display. I've gotta give it to Razer...the Blackwidow Chroma is a really pleasant keyboard to type on. It uses green switches, which are some of the rarest (possibly only used by Razer?). But anyways, the keys are light to the touch and feel great. Also every single key is individually lit with an led, and you can customize it however you want. I know that's just fluff, but it's pretty awesome to have as an option.

hero-blackwidow.png

Ryanz

<Banned>
As for a mouse I use a Logitech G700s.

Was looking for a mouse I could use for just everyday browsing, and also gaming (so I didn't want something with like 8 keys on the side like some of those MMO mice).

It's wireless (if you want), has 4 buttons on the side in pairs of 2. Scroll wheel has a button just below it to make it feel smooth or "bumpy" on the fly. Also has three smaller button right to the left of the left click button for on the fly switching between mouse speed profiles or additional key macroing if need be.

I have large hands so it's usually hard for me to find a mouse with the right fit (most are too small), but this one feels great in the hand. Logitech mice always seem to be a bit larger than the others, so I've never had an issue in this department with them.

View attachment 3173

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm pretty happy with my Ducky Zero keyboard and Mionix Naos 8200 mouse. At the time I bought them, both reviewed as good or better than quite a few of the more expensive options.

ZERO_DK2108S_03.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

benjamin

Trakanon Raider
I have a Logitech MX800 wireless keyboard/mouse combo purchased about 6 months ago. It has worked flawlessly with my homebuilt Intel i7 system. The lighted keyboard comes in handy more than I thought it would.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I got a Corsair K70 LUX RGB with Cherry MX browns, based on the keyboard thread in the last board. as well as some input from other gamer friends with my new pc.

Misclicking quite a bit in Photoshop still. Key's slightly off position from old board I think.. Also, I was going back and forth on red vs brown. I do wonder if I should have gotten red. Some fatigue.

I laughed at the LED lighting, thinking it was really just windowdressing... But... the "type lighting" Key, setting is bizarrely useful, for keeping track of what Keys I have been hitting in PS.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I'm looking for the softest, and most comfortable typing solution... My history has been, and probably will continue to use Microsoft Natural 4000 keyboards. I love them, and type like a boss. They feel so amazing!

Most would say any option would be better than that for a number of reasons, but seriously, I'm the weird type that loves Ergo keyboards. Typed on a friends Corsair K70 I think, and thought it was horrendous. :(

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
So I'm looking for the softest, and most comfortable typing solution... My history has been, and probably will continue to use Microsoft Natural 4000 keyboards. I love them, and type like a boss. They feel so amazing!

Most would say any option would be better than that for a number of reasons, but seriously, I'm the weird type that loves Ergo keyboards. Typed on a friends Corsair K70 I think, and thought it was horrendous. :(

how serious are you? i'd recommend you get a topre keyboard then
Amazon.com: topre

if you don't like the cherry mx mechanical, the next best thing (or the best by some) would be to get a topre keyboard.

It's not going to have an ergo layout like the msergo4k, trust me i know, i built from scratch 2 msergo4k keyboards using cherry mx, but dude, those rubber dome keys on the msergo4k are dog shit.

You'll not find topre keyboards anywhere in the retail us

And yea i'm an ergo guy, my above post is my current keyboard the kinesis (i found it to perform as well as my built keyboard)

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
how serious are you? i'd recommend you get a topre keyboard then
Amazon.com: topre

if you don't like the cherry mx mechanical, the next best thing (or the best by some) would be to get a topre keyboard.

It's not going to have an ergo layout like the msergo4k, trust me i know, i built from scratch 2 msergo4k keyboards using cherry mx, but dude, those rubber dome keys on the msergo4k are dog shit.

You'll not find topre keyboards anywhere in the retail us

And yea i'm an ergo guy, my above post is my current keyboard the kinesis (i found it to perform as well as my built keyboard)
Not that long ago I'd say I was pretty serious, and I was burning through keyboards pretty quick with as much as I played. Ergo always worked because I was playing MMOs and shit, and didn't need to have the hotkeys laid out the way a RTS needs. I'm not as serious anymore, and technically my MS Ergo 4k is great, but this thread got me thinking... I'll take a look at the keyboards you linked.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I used Razer stuff for several years but the Anansi keyboard I had shitted out first followed by the mouse shortly after. I now have a Logitech g110 key and g600 mouse and I like the combo way better.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Still rocking a G500 for a mouse, but I've been hunting lately.

As for keyboard I'm using a TTEsports Poseidon with browns I got for like 60. Its basic and built like a fricken brick been really happy with it. Can't beat it at that price for mechanical switches with backlighting.

Ryanz

<Banned>
No, but the clickies will make you feel a little better about your pathetic attempts.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I'm looking to buy my first mechanical keyboard.
I've done some research and I'm looking for one with mx blue switches.
Local options are very limited basically the only reasonable option available is a Cooler Master keyboard:
CM Storm QuickFire XT

Any experience with Cooler Master keyboards?
I can always order from amazon, what are some options I could look into?

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Still rocking a G500 for a mouse, but I've been hunting lately.

As for keyboard I'm using a TTEsports Poseidon with browns I got for like 60. Its basic and built like a fricken brick been really happy with it. Can't beat it at that price for mechanical switches with backlighting.

I'm using the same mouse, but it feels like it is in the early stages of the left click failing. I want to find a smaller mouse, but I can't find another company that has the free scroll mouse wheel mode. I don't know if I can go back to not having that option :\

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Corsair K65 RGB w/Cherry MX brown keys (ten keyless version of K70).

Pros: Build quality, clicky but silent, backlit, gay pride rainbow pattern enabled, built in USB out, small footprint
Cons: Expensive, ten keyless