Keyboards & Mice

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone have a Logitech G910, are the keys as bad as Linus claims they are?

I really like my g910. It only lasted about 4 years with me eating and spilling shit all over it. I just recently bought another one I like it so much. Just realize there are 2 different versions one with concave keys and one with flat. I use the concave keys.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Finding myself wanting a new mouse due to my g502's buttons getting... clanky/spongey? (don't know how to describe it) and how my hand forces itself into this 300 degree angle claw/finger hybrid grip due to the shape of the thing. Problem is that the extra buttons on it are exactly what I like.

Does anyone know of a mouse of a similar shape to a G600 (including the ring finger rest) but with normal buttons rather than the stupid tiny MMO buttons?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Finding myself wanting a new mouse due to my g502's buttons getting... clanky/spongey? (don't know how to describe it) and how my hand forces itself into this 300 degree angle claw/finger hybrid grip due to the shape of the thing. Problem is that the extra buttons on it are exactly what I like.

Does anyone know of a mouse of a similar shape to a G600 (including the ring finger rest) but with normal buttons rather than the stupid tiny MMO buttons?

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

That's not quite there. The G600's ring button extends all the way to the front. I'm trying to avoid my ring finger pressing into the pad or onto the side of the mouse

proxy.duckduckgo.com.png

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider

If you can do some light soldering just replace the switches with some 20mil click omrons. Also the g502 has a 3 year warranty in the event you are within that window.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
If you can do some light soldering just replace the switches with some 20mil click omrons. Also the g502 has a 3 year warranty in the event you are within that window.

I did some testing earlier and the clanking is coming from slightly pulling the right mouse button towards the center when clicking it due to the weird way I'm forced to hold it. The buttons are actually fine. It's obvious now that the ergonomics of the mouse are just completely wrong for me. Difficulty is in finding a replacement that ticks all the right boxes of what seems to be a pretty niche set of requirements.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I did some testing earlier and the clanking is coming from slightly pulling the right mouse button towards the center when clicking it due to the weird way I'm forced to hold it. The buttons are actually fine. It's obvious now that the ergonomics of the mouse are just completely wrong for me. Difficulty is in finding a replacement that ticks all the right boxes of what seems to be a pretty niche set of requirements.
Yeah I personally hate the 502, but I can't find a good replacement for my g9x. One day the optical sensor is going to go out on the g9 and I don't know what I'm gonna do lol.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We've already gotten those mice with the Michael Bay Transformers aesthetic, which let you move or reposition 30 different dohickes and weights and whatever to customize them. I'm surprised that Razor or another of the "premium" mouse manufacturer hasn't done some sort of "hold this lump like you want to hold your mouse, now send it in to be custom 3d printed/vac-formed". All the shit under the hood could be the same or one of a couple prefab bases to accommodate the variety of human choices.

Mad_Catz_Cyborg_R.A.T_7.jpg

Razer_Naga_Trinity_09.jpg

You could also try DIY

How to Make an Ergonomic USB Mouse (Ergo Mouse) - Made From Styrofoam

• 1Like

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Anyone have a Logitech G910, are the keys as bad as Linus claims they are?
I only got mine a week or two ago so take this with a grain of salt, but I feel the keys are almost silent (compared to cherry brown at work), I like it a lot so far.
You can get really fancy with the lighting if you want.

For the clock problem, I too come from a G15 (1st gen though). I solved it by putting a X52 next to the keyboard.

• 1Like

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
In the process of trying out a J-Tech vertical mouse at work. My wrist was killing me last week so I figured I'd try something new. Just started using it today and the motion isn't hard to get used to but the jury is still out on comfort. Given it's angle and slick material my hand slides down just enough out of the perfect comfort position. I think I have to give it more of a grip than I would a standard mouse. I'll give it a week before I just go with a larger, regular mouse + wrist rest.

j-tech_digital_verrtical_wireless_mouse_6_1_1.jpg

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Tried a trackball? I made the switch for gaming and work over 20 years ago, would have had surgery by now I guess...

Switched back to regular mouse for gaming though, just last year, but I no longer play 40 hours a week. Still trackball at work.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
I haven't used a trackball in ages and I recall not being a fan. If the vertical thing doesn't work out maybe I'll give one a go again. I've been experimenting with slight grip changes all day and I think I'm getting it down.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Look into changing more than just your input device. I was developing some pretty serious tendinitis in my forearm and while changing to a trackball helped somewhat, the core cause of it was how my arm was resting on a recliner arm on top of using the trackpad of a wireless keyboard on my second PC. Much of my problems are gone now that I've switched back to a desk and I've greatly diminished using the wireless media keyboard. Soaking the arm in ice cold water when it flares up helps a lot too.

A wrist rest probably won't help btw. They're actually bad for you more than anything else. Either support the arm through your elbow on the chair arm, or through the base of your palm (this might not be doable depending on the wrist situation) Also look into a wrist brace that has plates on the top and bottom.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
After a full day's use my wrist feels fine but my forearm is feeling tired from that thing. I hijacked a trackball from my coworker and absolutely suck at using it. I guess I'll just go with a larger mouse. The one they provide at work is tiny. I'll just request the same model I have at home.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
After a full day's use my wrist feels fine but my forearm is feeling tired from that thing. I hijacked a trackball from my coworker and absolutely suck at using it. I guess I'll just go with a larger mouse. The one they provide at work is tiny. I'll just request the same model I have at home.
Yeah trackballs take some getting used to. Like 2 days to a week.
Best intruder protection on my work PC. "How the FUCK can you get anything done with that thing???"
The one Lanx linked looks like a pain to use, I prefer the thumb operated asymmetrical models.

If a bigger mouse helps, get the bigger mouse first. Good luck.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Ordered a G305 to try out a small fingertip style mouse and holy shit have they ever improved wireless capability in mice. I can barely tell the difference between wireless and wired when testing back-to-back.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So the right click on my Logitech G700 is dying, so I'm looking for a replacement. Ideally I'm looking for a mouse on the larger side, palm grip, with at least 3, preferably 4 thumb buttons. I have a MX master for my surface and while I love the scroll wheel on it, the 2 thumb buttons are really awkward to use. The 9+ buttons on an mmo style mouse seem like overkill to me, but if everything else is perfect I'd consider it.

These are what I'm currently looking at:

I would consider this:

But I've heard plenty of negative things about the Razer software and that you need to log in to it to even use it. I pulled the plug on Gefore experience once NVIDIA pulled that shit.

Anybody have any suggestions?