Keyboards & Mice

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Can anyone recommend a good quality hard mousepad that doesn't have LED shit. Preferably something with a good amount of grip on the bottom.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
so using g502 for a few weeks

finally found something that replaces the razer death adder

gonna buy the 703 and 903 wireless and see if they're good for the htpc, but they are out of stock till jan

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Finally! Got pudding caps that 100% match a Corsair keyboard. So that whole bottom row on the keyboard now has all the correct keycaps! Bad news? They are custom keycaps from Max Keyboard. Cost was 99 bucks.

IMG_20210120_083459.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
This looks pretty interesting. I like the smaller footprint keyboards. I have a steelseries tkl one, not sure exactly which one. And I like it, but there times where I miss the numpad. This seems like a good compromise, and I've kind of been wanting a wireless keyboard.

I'll have to keep this in mind

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I just got the mini version of that, K6 (in brownnnnnnn) without the hotswap (using it as a secondary computer keyboard due to desk space so I won't spend money customizing it).

The keycaps are definitely not the highest quality plastic and the board has a bit of a hollow sound overall. I do like the text and color of the caps, just wish they were heavier plastic but it's built to a price. I kept looking at that K4, and after getting the 6, I'd definitely want to swap the switches to something else if I was dailying it. There is definitely some switch quality inconsistency (and I want more tactility than browns give).

Just swapped a few caps to my existing Corsair board, with neighbor annoying blue switches, to test and they don't change the feel much, but they're slippery for sure.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This looks pretty interesting. I like the smaller footprint keyboards. I have a steelseries tkl one, not sure exactly which one. And I like it, but there times where I miss the numpad. This seems like a good compromise, and I've kind of been wanting a wireless keyboard.

I'll have to keep this in mind

Looks like it is right up my alley, but wireless is a no-go.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Looks like it is right up my alley, but wireless is a no-go.
Why? Wireless tech is so good these days you won't notice a difference, and might even be faster. Unless you have your PC in a different room or something you'll be fine.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I see 2 in stock on Amazon of the K4 variant:

That shows it as $89 for the aluminum rgb and brown switches, but it's OOS. Amazon can fuckoff with a $20 markup.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist

That shows it as $89 for the aluminum rgb and brown switches, but it's OOS. Amazon can fuckoff with a $20 markup.
The one I linked was the hotswap version.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I have to haul my shit between work and home whenever I go to the office, so I've been looking for a smaller keyboard that still has a numpad. I picked up the aluminum hotswap K4 with browns and am mostly happy with it. It's louder than my Corsair strafe even when I don't bottom out the keys, it's the key returning to full height that makes the noise. I'll be putting a set of o rings on it anyway. It's The layout is taking some getting used to, but I expected that.

The USB C cable included to too damn short, but that's pretty minor. It's also quite tall, so I have to use a wrist rest. The one major gripe I have with it is my desktop cannot pair with it in bluetooth, it just doesn't fucking see the keyboard at all. My Surface pro 7 and work laptop see it just fine, but even after updating the bluetooth drivers and flashing the latest firmware to the keyboard it's still invisible to the desktop.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I have to haul my shit between work and home whenever I go to the office, so I've been looking for a smaller keyboard that still has a numpad. I picked up the aluminum hotswap K4 with browns and am mostly happy with it. It's louder than my Corsair strafe even when I don't bottom out the keys, it's the key returning to full height that makes the noise. I'll be putting a set of o rings on it anyway. It's The layout is taking some getting used to, but I expected that.

The USB C cable included to too damn short, but that's pretty minor. It's also quite tall, so I have to use a wrist rest. The one major gripe I have with it is my desktop cannot pair with it in bluetooth, it just doesn't fucking see the keyboard at all. My Surface pro 7 and work laptop see it just fine, but even after updating the bluetooth drivers and flashing the latest firmware to the keyboard it's still invisible to the desktop.
what about a smaller keyboard 84 key and a separate keypad?
fcf1db1559a96a3417e754eb55ec9cab.png

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
what about a smaller keyboard 84 key and a separate keypad?
fcf1db1559a96a3417e754eb55ec9cab.png

I had considered that, but it still would have involved buying a new keyboard and I'd rather have less devices. Plus that takes an additional USB port, which my work laptop doesn't have to spare.

Last edited:

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I had considered that, but it still would have involved buying a new keyboard and I'd rather have less devices. Plus that takes an additional USB port, which my work keyboard doesn't have to spare.
i'm sure there are bluetooth ones now

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Look what just came out:

I want this so bad but I just bought a K65 LUX, plus I already own a K65 wireless, a K70 and a K95 Platinum.