Keyboards & Mice

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
is that epoxy'd in? this part looks like it should be shoved in more
24701316da10c9200feac420d5adc989.png

Yes, it's epoxy. Agree. It should be pushed to the hilt.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man, I sure like pudding caps.... on other people's keyboards. I Keep trying to visualize them on my Ducky Zero and it seems worse (to me) than defaults. I think it's the whole naked plate look vs not.

Attachments

• 1666369312801.png
    1666369312801.png
    630 KB · Views: 19
  • 1666369362564.png
    1666369362564.png
    348 KB · Views: 21

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
Do you guys prefer wireless or wired keyboards? I'm wanting to get something better than the 2x junk $10 keyboards I have from work. A long time ago I had an IBM Model M, but somehow lost it in a move. I liked the feeling of the model M but its noise level was obnoxious. I also absolutely hate RGB, so needs to not have it or be easy to turn completely off.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Do you guys prefer wireless or wired keyboards? I'm wanting to get something better than the 2x junk $10 keyboards I have from work. A long time ago I had an IBM Model M, but somehow lost it in a move. I liked the feeling of the model M but its noise level was obnoxious. I also absolutely hate RGB, so needs to not have it or be easy to turn completely off.

I buy wired personally. A quiet mechanical keyboard you will want red or even cherry silent switches. The Model M had a replacement? Think it was like KB 89something. Was still a model M if the noise was too much for you, it may not be what you want.

This may be what you're looking for though...

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
I buy wired personally. A quiet mechanical keyboard you will want red or even cherry silent switches. The Model M had a replacement? Think it was like KB 89something. Was still a model M if the noise was too much for you, it may not be what you want.

This may be what you're looking for though...

Thanks !

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
There’s a lot of quiet switches, I went with cherry browns in a Corsair Strafe and Logitech G710 (last generation before they switched to their own). I preferred the little bit of resistance compared to the reds.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Your cables are driving me nuts.

Got a new desk and am redoing my work setup trying to do some cable management. Going to have to take it all apart b/c the USB 3 to USB C cable I bought wasn't long enough to go through the extra hole I drilled at the monitor arm. Wish there was a better power supply option for this dang laptop. Having the ferrite thing above the desk irritates me. The HDMI connector is also a little big, but not sure I can do much other than what it is. Not happy with the webcam cable across the back of the monitor, it isn't even a requirement for work, I just didn't like the laptop one.

Main reason for all this is that now the backside of all this faces the door coming in to the room and not against the wall as it previously was. Kind of wish there was a shield that snapped in to the cable portion below the monitor to hide those connections.

Only cables on the desk are the charging station for the Razer mouse and the cable for the headset.

I have the original stand for the monitor so could move the arm back over to my non-work desk since it still faces against a wall. Having the back of the arm exposed is kind of strange to me. And the lip of the desk doesn't allow for the clamp to fully sit. It is enough and this Asus monitor isn't heavy by any means. It all just looks a little strange to my eye and maybe the actual stand would look better. Can't even remember what it looks like actually, took it off immediately and put it on the arm.

IMG_4261.JPG
IMG_4262.JPG

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Got a new desk and am redoing my work setup trying to do some cable management. Going to have to take it all apart b/c the USB 3 to USB C cable I bought wasn't long enough to go through the extra hole I drilled at the monitor arm. Wish there was a better power supply option for this dang laptop. Having the ferrite thing above the desk irritates me. The HDMI connector is also a little big, but not sure I can do much other than what it is. Not happy with the webcam cable across the back of the monitor, it isn't even a requirement for work, I just didn't like the laptop one.

Main reason for all this is that now the backside of all this faces the door coming in to the room and not against the wall as it previously was. Kind of wish there was a shield that snapped in to the cable portion below the monitor to hide those connections.

Only cables on the desk are the charging station for the Razer mouse and the cable for the headset.

I have the original stand for the monitor so could move the arm back over to my non-work desk since it still faces against a wall. Having the back of the arm exposed is kind of strange to me. And the lip of the desk doesn't allow for the clamp to fully sit. It is enough and this Asus monitor isn't heavy by any means. It all just looks a little strange to my eye and maybe the actual stand would look better. Can't even remember what it looks like actually, took it off immediately and put it on the arm.

View attachment 441419View attachment 441421

You could always have something 3D printed to cover those spots.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
You could always have something 3D printed to cover those spots.

That's a good idea, sort of considered googling for it because not sure the curve radius and all that, and no personal access to a 3d printer. Actually, that is a good reminder to go search and see if anyone else has made one.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That's a good idea, sort of considered googling for it because not sure the curve radius and all that, and no personal access to a 3d printer. Actually, that is a good reminder to go search and see if anyone else has made one.
Thinigverse and grabcad are good places to start but it wouldn't heard to design something simple to go over that stuff.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Thinigverse and grabcad are good places to start but it wouldn't heard to design something simple to go over that stuff.

Will check it out, thanks!

Decided to try out removing the monitor arm. It was too clunky and distracting so put the original base back on. Sucks that I already drilled the hole for the cables :emoji_laughing:

1667678554255.png

• 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I've slowly been looking for a new desk. Since working from home wasn't a sure thing at first and now it looks like it's going to be nearly full time forever I've decided that buying a functional high quality desk might actually be a good idea. Looking at the choices I'm amazed at how non functional many of them are.

The bare minimum would be a sit/stand desk with nothing extra and buying file cabinets for the things I think I need to save but will never look at again. That doesn't solve cable management etc. Looking at the higher end desks like wyrmwood. Why the hell do the use those little boards instead of a good looking live edge or single piece. Yeah, they make price an issue as well. Everything in between has serious problems like a sharp edge where you rest your wrist or a too narrow desk width.

Yeah, I know I'm picky and it'll probably take me a year to be comfortable buying something, but when I do I'll be set for a long time. Until then it's my crappy Ikea desk.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
probably going down the wrong track, but check the office reseller/liquidator in your area if you decide a 1950's CEO monster desk is for you. <does a quick google search of his own local one> if pictures are to be believed, they may have piles of sitstands too.

1667759568322.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users