Kickstarter - Project Phoenix - Indie JRPG

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sean_sl

shitlord
They've got quite the talent lined up behind that. Interesting business model in how they're handling the development too.

Isn't $100,000 too low to be making a title of this caliber?
When you think of usual developing fees, USD100,000 is definitely not enough to create a video game. However, as each of our members are professionals in their own field, they do not require a salary right now, and so, are donating their time and effort into developing Project Phoenix. Their reward will come in the fans' evaluation of the game and a %-based royalty of all sales. This is the reason why our project will never fail due to lack of finance after we reach our goal. It is possible to release our game with just our developers' work, but there is one cost that we just cannot ignore in order to make the highest quality video game. Our pledge, USD100,000 will be used for one of the best 3D modeling out there. This figure is the most minimum cost required.

The money that has been invested through Kickstarter will go towards things such as recordings and hiring extra assistants. The money will always be used solely to enhance the quality of Project Phoenix. This money will never reach our members as salary. Our members are working on this game knowing that they will receive a royalty of the % of income based on how much time they've spent on Project Phoenix.

Project Phoenix aspires to be a video game that solely exists because of the users. So, user evaluation will inherently be crucial to our members' future revenues. If they do not put much effort in, the users' assessment of their work will simply be poor and therefore ultimately reflect badly in the incoming they receive.

We chose Kickstarter because this is where we will be able to make all this happen. There are various exciting rewards ready for you depending on the amount of money pledged. What will the fate of Project Phoenix be? You, who invest in Project Phoenix, will be a true team member. So let's create an amazing game together!
I think I'll put money down on it when they finalize a PS4 version donation. Hiroaki Yura (Valkyria Chronicles + some amazing anime) = take my money. Plus Nobuo Uematsu? Seriously, my money, TAKE IT.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
That was quick. They met their second reach goal today. Double the character and monster models, and more music from Uematsu. $$$.

I'm hoping they get all the way to the $1mil reach goal. A "fully explorable overworld" is always good.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I'm confident, once people hear about this game - its the type of game that has stopped being made. And with the talent behind it - and their business model (no salary all royalty) I forsee very good things. None of them want to be part of a shit project at this point in their careers.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Currently up to $468,860 with 26 days to go. Definitely going to put a pledge in when they get a PS4 option up.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Oh, what the hell. In for an inch, in for a mile... I changed my pledge to Developer. At best, I'll be able to talk about a bunch of the dev forum content here. At worst, I can bring concerns to the devs directly from here.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Sadly I don't have any money to pledge at the moment but they'll definitely be getting some money from me when it releases.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I didn't know this existed at all. Thanks for the link. I just donated $80. Yeah in game mount.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Being that it's $210,000 away from the next stretch with only 57 hours to go, chances are it won't hit it. Time will tell, but doesn't seem likely. So no upgraded combat system.

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I just found out about it and dropped an Artisan II donation on it. Looks like they have ~205k left with 52 hours now. They are also taking paypal donations which have oftentimes made up a reasonable chunk of change after the kickstarter finishes. I won't be surprised if they get their next reach goal.

I'm glad I saw this here before it ended, thanks Rerolled!

Sean_sl

shitlord
Being that it's $210,000 away from the next stretch with only 57 hours to go, chances are it won't hit it. Time will tell, but doesn't seem likely. So no upgraded combat system.
Kickstarters typically get a large burst in the last hours. I'm sure it'll hit it. Plus there's paypal which people often leave up past the regular Kickstarter to hit goals.

chantmaster

Lord Nagafen Raider
They are shooting themselves in the foot with having only limited amounts of each tier.

That, or they are intentionally not wanting to add in stuff like multiplayer.