Kildrukaun's Prophecy - Progression server

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
^ as far as i know, there is no need to pull files from Titanium in order to get Underfoot working. the Titanium files were for the backpatch from EQLive.

if your Underfoot download is almost done then just go with that.

god damn this thread has gotten confusing lol
According to this (if I'm not mistaken), it says UF is missing files that are found only in the Titanium client:
These files are required for revamped or removed zones to show everything correctly, and can all be found in a Titanium installation. These are all original zones that were changed and it is likely that even an original EverQuest disc would work, but no one has reported testing it out.
EQEmulator: Update August 18, 2011

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think this is what you are looking for. I haven't actually tried it here though. I still play P99 occasionally and fear that the P99.spyware might see the install and deliver a ban... and I'm too lazy to compile it these days

http://mqemulator.net/downloads.php
Any advice how to get this running? When I try and click, my antivirus auto removes the exe files.

I have never run MQ before, but I would like to try it for boxing. My autofollow char is running all over the damn place and if his window isnt targeted, the framerate drops to a slideshow for some unknown reason. Appreciate any advice!

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I was having a huge problem zoning with my two toons while running them at the same time. Would hang and time out or just freeze up. This seems to have fixed it.

Dual Core CPU Fix:

If you are running Windows 7 or Vista, the following should completely fix any Dual Core CPU issues. It may even work on other versions of Windows, but I haven't tried it.

Windows Vista/7 has an option that lets you start an application and set the CPU affinity, which assigns the application to run on a specific CPU in a multi-core system. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Right click on your EQEmu shortcut on your desktop.
2. Click "Properties".
3. Go to the Shortcut tab if you aren't there already (should already be on this tab).
4. Delete everything in the "Target" field, but make sure to leave the "Start in" field alone!
5. Paste the following line into your "Target" field:

Code:

c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 1 eqgame.exe patchme

6. Click OK and you are ready to start Everquest

Note that you will see a window blink quickly before EQ starts, but that is the command prompt doing it's thing and you don't have to worry about it.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
CVWUCEe.png

In other news we cleared Hate and then did Sky, clearing every island (including Dojo, Overseer of Air and Hand of Veeshan).

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Jysin, you prolly need to set an exception in your antivirus for the MQ exe files. It is a complied C++ script so antivirus is going to (correctly) isolate it. The link you have is the same version im using and it worked fine.

Also, going to make a quick list for Classic --> Kunark raid progression

Items required:

PoH - Innoruuk's Head
PoF - The Brain of Cazic Thule
Kedge - Head of Phinigel Autropos
PoSky - a piece of Veeshan's wing
Lavastorm - Dragons egg.

Quest is as follows:

Find Dridel N'Xavor in Lake Rathetear on top of spiroc tower near middle of zone, straight out from Rathe Mountain zoneline.

Hail him

say: what is destined

turn in the heads of Cazic, Innoruuk, and the wing of Veeshan

say: yes

say: what was Veeshan's will

say: show me how to get to Kunark

turn in Head of Phinny and the dragons eggs from Broodmother.

Congratulations your flagged for Kunark!

All raids are classic save for Broodmother. She spawns when a flagged character runs over the dragon eggs in Lavastorm which are just south of the Sol B zone in. Once killed you can loot the dragon eggs there are I believe 4 eggs for each kill.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was having a huge problem zoning with my two toons while running them at the same time. Would hang and time out or just freeze up. This seems to have fixed it.

Dual Core CPU Fix:

If you are running Windows 7 or Vista, the following should completely fix any Dual Core CPU issues. It may even work on other versions of Windows, but I haven't tried it.

Windows Vista/7 has an option that lets you start an application and set the CPU affinity, which assigns the application to run on a specific CPU in a multi-core system. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Right click on your EQEmu shortcut on your desktop.
2. Click "Properties".
3. Go to the Shortcut tab if you aren't there already (should already be on this tab).
4. Delete everything in the "Target" field, but make sure to leave the "Start in" field alone!
5. Paste the following line into your "Target" field:

Code:

c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 1 eqgame.exe patchme

6. Click OK and you are ready to start Everquest

Note that you will see a window blink quickly before EQ starts, but that is the command prompt doing it's thing and you don't have to worry about it.
Just FYI, this didnt fix my issue.

From what I have read, if you use Underfoot client, the multi core issue is resolved. The older Titanium client needs the CPU affinity set.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got MQ2 up and running. I have a dual monitor setup. One toon on one screen, one on another. Is it normal while running MQ2 to have the window that is NOT selected to drop to super low frames? Even if I have this browser window open, I can see both EQ windows flickering and dropping to low frames. If I target one, it will resume max FPS (set limit to 60).

yraapt_sl

shitlord
I have not setup MQ, so I can't really say, but I didn't think it affected client performance. IMHO Isboxer is the best solution for boxing, butlavishsoftalso has some free options you can try out (WinEQ/EQPlayNice). Someone else may have a good suggestion, but honestly I cannot imagine boxing without Isboxer.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bit more info, it also does this with only 1 instance of EQ running. (As in, I am typing in this web browser, and my single EQ window is all jittery and looks like crap) If I target my EQ window again, all resumes back to normal frames.

*Edit* It's definitely something with MQ2. Without it running I can keep same frames targeting other windows. Log out, fire up MQ2 and log in, then it drops frames to a stuttering mess when I target another window.

FWIW, I have downloaded the Underfoot Client / Classic from here:MQEmulator.net Downloads

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got MQ2 up and running. I have a dual monitor setup. One toon on one screen, one on another. Is it normal while running MQ2 to have the window that is NOT selected to drop to super low frames? Even if I have this browser window open, I can see both EQ windows flickering and dropping to low frames. If I target one, it will resume max FPS (set limit to 60).
I have this same issue Jysin. I'm not a big MQ2 user and I don't know what is causing that. I run 3 monitors and an eq window on each screen. MQ2 for some reason makes my fps on my other windows drop to shit.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
in a night of sheer drunken genius, I deleted everquest. Thank the nines! I have a week before I re-dl sod from steam while I sleep to hunt 14 year old pixels.