King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (2017)

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
i think i hated it because there were 2 elephants the size of Empire State Building in the first 60 seconds that were being mind controlled and used as weapons of war

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Soulfire

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'll be honest and say I enjoyed the opening fight scene. The rest of the movie, not so much. Think the music from the opening scene did it for me cause it reminded me of the Live Action ODST trailer/commercial they had for Halo which might have boosted my perceptions of how good it was. Otherwise the movie was mediocre at best. I did enjoy the twist with the sword in the stone though.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's all a matter of expectations.

If you go into this looking for, you know, an actual King Arthur movie, you're going to hate it.

If you go into this looking for one of those "the historical events that created the legend" style movies, you're *really* going to hate it.

If you go into this expecting a sort of DnD heist movie, then eh, it's not too bad.
This is exactly it. It is a TERRIBLE king Arthur movie because it can't get about if the lore right. BUT because of this post i watched it as a "generic fantasy film" and it was really pretty enjoyable

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
would the movie have been improved if king arthur rode a motorcycle?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

kudos

<Banned>
I thought this movie was awesome. I don't really care how true to lore or whatever it is. The dialogue was perfectly Guy Ritchie and it was amazing. I wish more fantasy movies were like this.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Malkav

French Madman
Saw it last night, was pretty impressed.

Yeah they threw the lore out the window, but it was a god damn enjoyable movie.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Didn't love it, didn't hate it. Was a solid, Ritchie-esque summer blockbuster.

Edit: actually, technically not a "blockbuster" but yeah.

• 1Like

Goatface

watched it twice this weekend with 2 different groups and everyone enjoyed it
the viking story might be the best part of any movie i have seen this year

like the whole high fantasy setting
it doesn't surpass Excalibur, but enjoyed it more than clive owen's King Arthur, which i also liked

• 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I liked it as a Guy Ritchie movie and as a generic fantasy romp but not as a King Arthur movie. 175 million dollar budget is ridiculous. They should've cut all those special effects minus the fight human on human fight scene ones. They looked ridiculous and were really out of place.

• 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
On HBO. Not NEAR as bad as I was expecting given the reviews and so very poor box office. The only thing that really annoyed me was all the heavy breathing nonstop, then it had fucking breathing music on top of that most of the movie.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
This was OK, not great. There were things I liked, but the pacing wasn't quite right. Some of the dialogue didn't really work, but more importantly, the specific things that makes a Guy Ritchie film identifiable, just did not work in this film.

I'd give this a 5/10.