King of the Nerds

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
There are too many "normal" people on it. Danielle, Celeste, Moogega, Brandon, Ivan...I wouldn't consider any of them stereotypical "nerds". It seems like this show equates intelligence and/or playing video games with being nerdy, but that's hardly the case nowadays.

The only real "nerds" in the show, in my opinion, are Alana, Virgil, and maybe Genevieve, although even she is fairly normal.

Killjoy_sl

shitlord
A lot of painfully awkward moments but it was somewhat entertaining. I'll probably give it a couple more episodes.

Cybsled

There are too many "normal" people on it. Danielle, Celeste, Moogega, Brandon, Ivan...I wouldn't consider any of them stereotypical "nerds". It seems like this show equates intelligence and/or playing video games with being nerdy, but that's hardly the case nowadays.

The only real "nerds" in the show, in my opinion, are Alana, Virgil, and maybe Genevieve, although even she is fairly normal.
Being a "nerd" is trendy right now, so having any iota of interest in games/computers/pop culture/or general knowledge now automatically qualifies you apparently ;p Although I guess I'd rather people wanting to be nerds as opposed to wanting to be emo or whatever if they want to be different. There is a friend of the family who wants to be the next Felicia Day and she tries to push the nerdy thing in her blog and whatever media appearances she is able to get in, but she always kinda struck me as a "faux nerd" or nerd-lite. Slapping on black rimmed glasses + dropping the occasional 80s/90s culture reference != nerd.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Was anyone else shocked by the revelation that Alana always plays a wookie?

Trying not to spoil anything if people haven't watched yet, so just going to spoiler all of my comments. It could ruin a nerd challenge or two for you if you read them.

While they aren't fashion models, I'd smash all of the other girls on the show, which probably shows how lopsided the selection process was. Alana is an annoying, whiny, complaining bitch...but even if she were fun, happy, and engaging she'd still be the ugly duckling and most likely to get voted out of the females. It just makes it easier because she's completely unlikable.

They haven't really shown it yet, but some of those girls could probably sway some of the dudes with a little flirting. Genevieve might have employed a little with Ivan, but they didn't show enough to be sure. Of course, once Alana goes all the females will gang up on the one they feel is the most whorish (it is female nature), so flirting could backfire too.

Also, I hate the outfits Danielle wears. I have a weakness for colored hair, but those outfits almost kill it for me. Thankfully the wood nymph outfit redeemed her a bit. She could be my number one if not for her clothes, but so far Genevieve is probably my favorite of the chicks. Not sure of the guys now that Jon is gone, he was probably my favorite. Virgil is a dick, like the other guy said, and that guy (can't remember the name, the other electronics guy, the necromancer) is WAY too much of a nerd. Ivan is fairly normal, and the assassin dude is sort of a prick too. Wow, is that all the guys left now? Guess it is Ivan then. If the chicks ever "alliance" up like Survivor the dudes are fucked. Alana will still go soon though, her skills are duplicated, she has a grating personality, and she's ugly. 3 strikes!

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Also, I hate the outfits Danielle wears. I have a weakness for colored hair, but those outfits almost kill it for me.
That's interesting because I find those outfits sexy as hell. I take classes at a local community college and there was one chick that dressed liked that. Had glasses too, so maybe that's the "sexy nerd" look or something.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
That's interesting because I find those outfits sexy as hell. I take classes at a local community college and there was one chick that dressed liked that. Had glasses too, so maybe that's the "sexy nerd" look or something.
To me some of her outfits are almost akin to the Japanese schoolgirl look, which does nothing for me. Obviously it is hugely popular so I might be in the minority, but I prefer normal clothes over most of hers. She's clearly pretty hot though, and I'd put up with her clothes in a hearbeat, but if they are going to "dress up," I prefer what Genevieve wore at the very beginning, that short skirt and high heels that made her legs look great.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

Yeah, King of the Dorks would have been better, maybe?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If they didn't put hot nerdy chicks on the show no one would watch it except for nerds. They want the small dicked porsche driving faggots to watch it too.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Yeah, I'm thinking these competitions might be rigged. The show would have been 50% less fun to watch if Danielle got the boot.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
So... with the 'kevin bacon' game rules, I'm one spot removed from knowing Panser. This dude, boogie (really fat dude, youtube celebrity, you've probably seen him in animated GIFs and such), was a friend of mine that I played magic with at some local game stores. He did a crossover/interview video with Panser (Danielle, pink hair girl). Watched a couple episodes so far, ranging fromentertaining to so cringe inducingly awkward that I had to change channel for a minute. Always considered myself a socially adjusted nerd, so when they do get super socially awkward things, it just makes me a bit embarrassed for them.

Anyways, considering I 'almost' know Danielle, I'm rooting for her, even though the asian chick seems hotter to me. But... panser does League of Legend videos (youtube user name TradeChat btw), so that helps push it over.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Surprise surprise, the chick with pink hair is a drama queen attention whore.

The show will be a lot more interesting with Danielle on it, but I liked Brandon so it's sad to see him go.

By the way, I love the fact that the producers seem to be throwing alcohol at the contestants. Every non-challenge scene has bottles of various types of alcohol sitting around. It looks like good stuff, too. At one point they were drinking--I think--Arrogant Bastard.

asocirev_sl

shitlord
Yeah for bringing nothing to the table she sure brings a lot to the table.

WTF is up with Virgil - he's the Rorschach of nerd acne.

Sean_sl

shitlord
This show is just as retarded as that awful Playstation The Tester garbage that Sony did. Maybe even worse. I think the amount of cringing I did hurt my jaw.