King of the Nerds

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Did anyone else think the hard questions were easier than the medium questions in that nerd-off? My guess is that either there were no difficulty levels, or they mixed up hard and easy.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The sudden death at the alien challenge was a surprise. Poor Amanda.

Also, fuck Stratego. I used to play that daily with my brother and I have always been horrible at it.

The Master

Bronze Squire
I've never actually played Stratego, though I was familiar with it. Decided to check online and there is a decent sized community you can play for free against, with rankings/random match ups. I am officially undefeated in the scrub ranks.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this?
Play Stratego | Stratego.com
(don't want to sign up for spam)

seems like it'd just be an app.

what i was surprised at, how many pokemon they knew.

Like i haven't touched Eq1/eq2 in 8 years, i could name ct/tunare/erroisli marr/m marr/rz/tz/innoruk, in 10 seconds, and i'm still missing half.

McCheese

I really enjoyed that alien slime game. I think it was a nice alternative to straight up trivia like they so often do.

So is there only one more episode of this left? We've still got 4 nerds in the game, but they referred to Stratego as the "penultimate" challenge.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yes, the finale is this Friday. They said it at the end of the episode, might have been in the spot where they show previews so you might have skipped it.

McCheese

Yes, the finale is this Friday. They said it at the end of the episode, might have been in the spot where they show previews so you might have skipped it.
I don't see the previews because I download the show via torrents. I want to watch it regularly, but my cable TV subscription doesn't include TBS, it's not carried on Hulu (to which I subscribe), nor can you watch it on the TBS website without a cable TV subscription. Stupid.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I watch torrents too, maybe we just had different ones. Mine almost always play through the credits, which is normally overlapping the preview for next episode on this show.

McCheese

Great ending. It was pretty damn funny that no one decided to help Ben on the trivia challenge. I thought for sure there would be at least one person who took pity on him. Both he and Johnathan were really strong competitors, though. Overall, Johnathon deserved to win since he not only succeeded in challenges, but he played the game's politics really well throughout the entire show.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't get the first challenge, there should have been a penalty for a wrong answer, there wasn't one, so just click in and answer first, and if you don't know, have your crew.

Felt bad for lily, she was clearly outclassed in trivia and only had the bookworm as help, cuz fatmcfat is worthless.

Kaitlin had colby so she didn't have to worry

ben seemed to be the only smartone using his whole palm for the buzzer while everyone was just using their thumbs.

what was the image for the last game, a crown?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yes, a crown.

I kind of wanted Ben to win after seeing no one pick him. Didn't really feel strongly about anyone once Colby was out though.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Can't believe nasa chick and ori both didn't know Oxygen. I mean, I didn't know either (for sure), but oxygen was the logical choice and woulda been my guess. I was rooting for ben too. Jonathan is a cockroach. Ben seemed to have the final puzzle figured out sooner, but didn't just draw the picture like jonathan did. At least, that's how it seemed with the way they cut it together.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Can't believe nasa chick and ori both didn't know Oxygen.
Yes she should have immediately known this. Unless, I suppose, her knowledge is more about engineering than stellar dynamics. But I knew it and I'm just an armchair astronomer.

This may have been my favorite season. I really enjoyed most of the challenges.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Not even that, they should have quickly associated, sun=big ball of fire. fire needs o2 + fuel. easiest equation

aren't all rockets using liquid oxygen?, isn't that big red triangle under the space shuttle just pure oxygen?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I enjoyed the season, glad one of the guys won at least. People might not like Jonathan, but I didn't mind him too much. I disliked Lily and square-head the most, just something grating about their personalities. I would enjoy motorboating Raychelle. Giraffe was annoying as fuck, but I suppose once you have a PhD and you're an engineer at NASA you can be a dick to people and get away with it most of the time. I wonder how badly Colby would've destroyed that Jeopardy challenge

McCheese

I bet it was killing Colby to be standing in the back unable to answer all of those questions he undoubtedly knew the correct answers to.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
i was also kind of hoping that first-voted-out-guy and front-teeth-always-showing-moby-bitch would have sex. I mean maybe they did, but it would've been less awkward than showing the girls make out for like 3 seconds then quickly switching to morning.