King of the Nerds

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I don't think the sociopath label applies to zach, because I don't see him breaking any rules. He might be a narcissist, or bi-polar, or even BPD, but he might also just be an asshole.

I predict that eventually the blue team will get scared of zach (not from a competitive standpoint, from a personal safety standpoint) and vote him into the nerd-off while his team does too, and I'm curious to see how they handle that.

Oh and I'm an episode behind, but WTF, gold team totally should have won that LARP contest. Blue team didn't even larp, they put on a play.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, but you gotta remember, Those judges are just pseudo-celebs of sorts and they aren't going to be strict or give that much of a shit. they just want to be entertained for a minute. Shit, Hercules looked hungover and like he was probably irritated at his agent for even booking him on the show. Napoleon Dynamite was awesome though!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I predict that eventually the blue team will get scared of zach (not from a competitive standpoint, from a personal safety standpoint) and vote him into the nerd-off while his team does too, and I'm curious to see how they handle that.
I'm almost certain that the game doesn't work like that. The other team has to vote a different person in than your team does, so if all votes got cast for Zach, I believe they would make the purple (opposing) team re-vote and send someone else. We wouldn't see it due to editing, but your scenario would never happen, I'm almost positive.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Zack reminds me of Gollum with the way he slinks around all hunched
Gollum has much better skin.

At this point I'm cheering for Katie to win but for Zack to hang around as long as possible for the entertainment value.

Firewalker

Silver Knight of the Realm
I would beat the everliving shit out of Zach if I was on his team, jesus tittyfucking christ. From shouting that he will destroy everyone to whining like a little bitch when he fucks up, would not put up with that shit, at all.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
zach is pretty much owning in the top .01% of best reality tv winning streaks. at this point he should not even do anything and just get nominated and take down the next challenger, b/c he's got that aura of invincibility.

i mean as a person, he's pretty much sub-human ha, but he's a great reality tv star!

Pumpkin Thief

Good to see Midas Touch finally win a nerd-off. Well, not "win" so much as it finally went their way instead of the way Purple would have liked. Was fine with Katie leaving, she falls apart like a nickel toy every time something doesn't go her way and her "OMGZ yellow team won't accept me no matter how much I do for them!!" was getting irritating seeing how she constantly made it clear she was still Titan of Rigel at heart.

I was waiting for Zach to scream at the debate judges when they didn't vote for him. He reminds me of Joffrey when he seethes.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
takes balls to be tied 4 - 4 and for the tie breaker question to be on a subject you know absolutely zero about, except for this one instance where you were drilled about it, but to also put it into context, AND be faster than a true nerd of the genre (star wars).

breakdown questions

ff question (jrpg)
physics
starwars
GOT
biology
startrek
harry potter
history
starwars

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Haven't seen the latest one yet, was it judged too? I don't like how they went to every competition being judged this year. Last year it was every other one. I feel like Zach would be winning them all if they were just pure objective contests. Seemed like the judged ones were shady last year (yellow team conveniently won them all and lost the others), and this year seems like the same thing is happening where the judges are favoring the hell out of purple.

Was this last one a debate, or a trivia quiz?

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Debate. Star Trek vs. Star Wars. It was actually pretty entertaining.
They could have easily won the best universe question with a simple statement..."J.J. Abrahms has directed the last 2 Star Trek movies...he was willing to leave that franchise just to be able to direct the next Star Wars movie, Star Wars has the best universe Q.E.D."

McCheese

I love when they use judges. They're always such unknown and/or D-list quality "celebrities" that I get a laugh out of seeing them and wondering how many packs of cigarettes they're getting paid to show up. For example, Sorbo a few episodes ago looking and acting completely hung over. That's television gold, my friends.

Everything about this show is so low quality, from quality of guest "celebrities", to the sponsors (Little Caesars!), to the facilities and prizes (dinner with has-been actors!). I'm absolutely amazed that it was renewed for a 2nd season, to be quite honest. I expected production value to go up a bit in the 2nd season, assuming that it had gained enough popularity to deserve a bigger budget. Apparently not!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
(dinner with has-been actors!)
The whole time they were doing that, I kept thinking that if I were there, the first thing I'd have asked was, "Where's Ogre?" I doubt he's too busy making Capitol One commercials to show up, and he was my favorite part of those movies!

Pumpkin Thief

I liked the way they changed the final match to decide the KotN as opposed to S1's method. All hail the chubby ambiguously gay chick who worships a fictional product of mediocre sci-fi writers (Captain Janeway).

McCheese

Yeah, I really liked the way they handled the final challenge. That was a nice way to do something requiring nerd skills while still including a popularity aspect.

Also, I loled when Jack said tried to say something in Japanese and the subtitle read along the lines of "Something in Chinese. I don't know what. I'm just an editor."

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
i ror'd too. I'm pretty sure all he said was 'thank you' in chinese. There seemed to be an extra word that i couldn't make out though.