Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Honestly I haven't been getting the hype for this, everything they've shown looked kinda clunky and not super interesting, and people were like "omg so realistic so good looking" but I found it looked kinda meh? Like yeah it looks better than Skyrim, but not that much better with mods and comparing to a 6years old game or however old Skyrim is, that's kinda easy isn't it.

And yeah as expected if Bethesda with all their Bethesda dollars can't even make their games bug free(or well, at least not as common), I don't see how a small eastern euro dev is going to. And before you say Witcher 3, this shit had like 250 ppl working on it, the budget was lower but if they had done the same game in California or San Francisco or wherever it is people make games in the US, costs would have been through the roof too.

Not to say it's a bad game or anything, I just haven't been even really interested in it ever since I watched some gameplay a few months back. Yeah sure maybe I'll pick it up eventually but not excited.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
this seems like the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning all over again

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Raign

Golden Squire
Game is a bit of a GPU hog, running at low-mid 20 fps even after the game ready driver update. Doesn't seem to be utilizing SLI though since it looks like it is pushing GPU 0 to 100% but 1 is just idling on google chrome at the moment. Game looks good, but certainly no better than W3 which ran at 40-60 on my machine. Too early to tell about bugs etc, but the dialogue options are on point and I am likely to agree with the reviewers that it is probably going to be a very solid, deep rpg, but it isn't likely to be put on the same shelf as W3.

Will put in a some hours after work and expand on this after I have had some more time with it though.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Honestly I haven't been getting the hype for this, everything they've shown looked kinda clunky and not super interesting, and people were like "omg so realistic so good looking" but I found it looked kinda meh? Like yeah it looks better than Skyrim, but not that much better with mods and comparing to a 6years old game or however old Skyrim is, that's kinda easy isn't it.

And yeah as expected if Bethesda with all their Bethesda dollars can't even make their games bug free(or well, at least not as common), I don't see how a small eastern euro dev is going to. And before you say Witcher 3, this shit had like 250 ppl working on it, the budget was lower but if they had done the same game in California or San Francisco or wherever it is people make games in the US, costs would have been through the roof too.

Not to say it's a bad game or anything, I just haven't been even really interested in it ever since I watched some gameplay a few months back. Yeah sure maybe I'll pick it up eventually but not excited.
Pretty much, the premise is impressive, but I have never seen anything to make me believe it'd be bucketloads of fun. But I have a weak spot for janky Euro RPGs, be it Gothic, Risen, Divine Divinity, Sacred or Witcher 1, so I'm sure I'll pick it up eventually

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Game is a bit of a GPU hog, running at low-mid 20 fps even after the game ready driver update. Doesn't seem to be utilizing SLI though since it looks like it is pushing GPU 0 to 100% but 1 is just idling on google chrome at the moment. Game looks good, but certainly no better than W3 which ran at 40-60 on my machine. Too early to tell about bugs etc, but the dialogue options are on point and I am likely to agree with the reviewers that it is probably going to be a very solid, deep rpg, but it isn't likely to be put on the same shelf as W3.

Will put in a some hours after work and expand on this after I have had some more time with it though.
GPU/CPU specs?

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
as this game is an indie game i purchased it as i came home, install size is 31.6 GB, starting the game now

will report back in a few with a small review

update; since i couldn't find any rats, i punched to death 3 chickens to start the game and ran away from the main quest

currently on a quest to throw some manure at a house, the owner was talking shit so he has it coming

unsure, this could turn out a great game

the game runs at a solid 22-26 fps at 4k with all settings maxed on this config:

i7 7700K4.2 GHZ
16 GB DDR4
SSD
GTX 1080

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
After reading some reviews they should've pushed this shit out to fall 2018. Here's to hoping they use the $$$ earned from this game's release to finish it rather than shifting onto the next game.

Caliane

yeah, reviews are not kind. Even disregarding the bullshit, sjw shit.
"boring combat", "technical issues" etc.

general statements seem to be, try again in 6months, to see if the bugs have been worked out.

Raign

Golden Squire
GPU/CPU specs?

Gaming laptop about 3 years old. Twin 860Ms in SLI, 16 gigs of ram, typical I7 cpu from around that period. Nothing stellar by today's standards, but not terrible by it either. Run a number of graphically comparable or superior games at north of 30 fps.

Looking at my system monitor, it isn't working the cpu or ram capacity at all, but a single GPU is bumping against 100% consistently so that is definitely the bottleneck

Running at 1920X1080, usually sits at high teens fps. Have not gotten far enough to see if that dips with a lot of actors on the screen though.. which it likely will

Last edited:

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
the combat is the mount and blade system, its really solid

i died after an hour of play and lost pretty much all progress, since i avoided the main quest i didn't get told how to get the ability to save, and the game doesn't autosave when you are just derping about stealing from peasants and punching chickens

got guard agro and since i refused to surrender one of them ended up stabbing me to death .. his two pals put away their weapons after they saw me swinging my fists, the third guy was a really shitty sport, he even stabbed me in the back just because he could i guess

could totally see how a ton of people would get annoyed by these things, but overall i'm very entertained

also the draw distance in this game is extremely high, unfortunately imgur won't let me upload a decent SS :(

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raign

Golden Squire

i died after an hour of play and lost pretty much all progress, since i avoided the main quest i didn't get told how to get the ability to save, and the game doesn't autosave when you are just derping about stealing from peasants and punching chickens

got guard agro and since i refused to surrender one of them ended up stabbing me to death .. his two pals put away their weapons after they saw me swinging my fists, the third guy was a really shitty sport, he even stabbed me in the back just because he could i guess

could totally see how a ton of people would get annoyed by these things, but overall i'm very entertained

also the draw distance in this game is extremely high, unfortunately imgur won't let me upload a decent SS :(

Nice. Pretty excited to give it a real try when I am done work despite the luke warm reviews

Caliane

wait, did you rip your shirt off before you got into a fist fight with the cops?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
no, but i did try to sneak around and some guy asked if i had to take a shit

spronk

FPS noob
seems to be doing well, 185k viewers (#1) on twitch and 70k+ simul players on PC. lirik is playing and at 52k viewers

kiZdD9M.png

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Been watching a few streams of this on Twitch and they have all encountered plenty of annoying shit such as not being able to get out of a door, or NPCs blocking the path, or mechanics not working properly. Looks interesting, but sure as hell seem to be a shit ton of bugs still in this. This is definitely a game I'm not going to buy just yet, will see how it looks this summer on sale after a bunch of patches and mods have hopefully done their charm. If that happens, then this could well be a good game. If not... meh

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think I could be into this, but it might be worth waiting for it to get all patched up.