Kingdom Death: Monster

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Sexy, I'm always too lazy to do fancy basing.

Thanks! It’s the first one I’ve done really. All I did was buy a custom one and glued army painter tufts on it, it’s custom but barely lol.

The painting was fairly easy too. Primed whole thing black. Painted gray, shaded, dry brushed with a lighter gray on the bricks, and a dry brush a light brown on the grassy area.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Finished a second mini. Custom bow/knife survivor. First time I’ve ever tried light sourcing.

Hmm it doesn’t look that yellow in person, need to figure out low light phone photographs :p

EE57BEAF-D321-4666-8EDC-8ED974FCDC45.jpeg
40A8B7BB-6B0A-4854-9296-ED17C87B1CBE.jpeg

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finished a second mini. Custom bow/knife survivor. First time I’ve ever tried light sourcing.

Hmm it doesn’t look that yellow in person, need to figure out low light phone photographs :p

View attachment 157241 View attachment 157242

If you don't mind next time you take some photos of your painting, do it with the board as a backdrop. (I want to see the contrast vs. the board personally - but also I THINK that might help with your color complaint)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Alright, will do in about 30. Playing all night in a couple hours, Kingsman up next!

Vaclav

This does look better, thanks!

View attachment 157280

It does offer a better point of contrast - definitely some heavy yellow going on with your camera though (or it's picking that up from the lighting) your board color looks way off in that pic.

Almost looks like it's sitting under a warming lamp with the coloring your camera does.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah it’s in my basement, zero natural light, big yellow CFL above it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Man Kingsman was rough. We won but he fucked us up pretty badly. We also got fucked and rolled no rewards, was a rough night!

Vaclav

Man Kingsman was rough. We won but he fucked us up pretty badly. We also got fucked and rolled no rewards, was a rough night!

King's Man is pretty rough no matter how experienced you've gotten from what I've found thusfar. The only times I've seen him go easy, were all SUPER lucky cases.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
We ended up chucking a couple of founding stones at him, we were desperate to just get some persistent injuries, got a couple tokens on him at least, evasion, and speed. My katar guy got King's step on his third or fourth attempt. Ended up with a severe leg injury trying to get it though. Was definitely a unique fight but we're scared of level 2, going to be stressful.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
I got freaking destroyed my first time against King's Man. I think I got two wounds on him. Second time got destroyed as well even though I was better prepared, I rolled bad on King Step (like really really bad). Third time went a lot better :) I think the trick is:
If you don't want to depend on lucky rolls to get King's Step, bring a couple of high Speed survivors. They'll go through all the battle pressure cards and you don't have to roll on the King Step table every time.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I got freaking destroyed my first time against King's Man. I think I got two wounds on him. Second time got destroyed as well even though I was better prepared, I rolled bad on King Step (like really really bad). Third time went a lot better :) I think the trick is:
If you don't want to depend on lucky rolls to get King's Step, bring a couple of high Speed survivors. They'll go through all the battle pressure cards and you don't have to roll on the King Step table every time.

Yep that’s what we ended up doing. After the first swing we were like uh fuck this let’s burn through those with my Katar guy. I think we would have wiped if we wouldn’t have got king step when we did, we cheered when I rolled a lantern. We still didn’t feel like we won afterwards though lol

Vaclav

Hmm? Does he not have any Traps? My entire group doesn't go heavy speed due to the Trap issue so we've never tried that method for KM

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hmm? Does he not have any Traps? My entire group doesn't go heavy speed due to the Trap issue so we've never tried that method for KM

The trap is inconsequential if you have shields. The worst effect is that it puts back the battle pressure cards on top of the deck.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Yes, he has traps but first attack was always with the high speed Katar dude just trying to get his 3 battle pressure cards out of the way for the other people to follow up on. It seemed to work well enough. We hit his traps eventually though. Fucking nasty. The one question we ran into was a card called Battle Axe I think. First Strike card that has the text of “you are knocked down if you have heavy gear on”. It doesn’t say additional hits are canceled though, so do you still get to attempt to wound that location and any others before the knock down actually takes effect? Every other cancel card we’ve had before that one states that all other attacks are canceled.

Vaclav

I'd have to grab my book, but I'm 99% sure any knock down immediately cancels remaining attacks - similar to something moving out of range during a flow

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'd have to grab my book, but I'm 99% sure any knock down immediately cancels remaining attacks - similar to something moving out of range during a flow

That’s what we though too, knockback cancels remaining hits. Would you still attempt to wound a location that results in getting knocked down, or do you read the card and knock down immediately as a result of reading it?

Vaclav

That’s what we though too, knockback cancels remaining hits. Would you still attempt to wound a location that results in getting knocked down, or do you read the card and knock down immediately as a result of reading it?

I've always ended the flow right there.