Kingdom Hearts III

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Awesome series. Incredibly polished and full of fan service. I agree it got a bit too complicated to keep track of the numerous spinoffs, but really that doesn't matter. If you just stick to the main entries you'll get a lot of very satisfying gameplay, and whatever handheld versions you play after that will be like icing on the cake. Who cares about story anyway?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Really loved the first game, think I was like 15 or 16 when I first played it. Outgrew the weird anime storylines by the time #2 rolled around. Still has excellent and fun gameplay.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Really loved the first game, think I was like 15 or 16 when I first played it. Outgrew the weird anime storylines by the time #2 rolled around. Still has excellent and fun gameplay.
The gameplay of 2 is profoundly improved over 1.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
One thing I disliked about part 1 was the hidden dalmatians everywhere. I like to play a game thoroughly, and knowing there were a bunch of these things I either never found or couldn't reach drove me crazy.

Never actually finished part 2, but I did find the Gummy ship-building and piloting to be a little too time-consuming compared to the platforming action.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I stopped sweating that 100% completion type shit like finding dalmatians. I possess a finite amount of fucks. I did 100% on the new Tomb Raider. It had like maybe 50 secret fucks, and you could always go back anytime to find them. Far Cry III had like 500 though. I don't have that many.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
As far as KH goes, it was worth finding the Dalmations, just due to the "special secret ending". Granted, now you can just watch it on Youtube, but you couldn't back then.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
One thing I disliked about part 1 was the hidden dalmatians everywhere. I like to play a game thoroughly, and knowing there were a bunch of these things I either never found or couldn't reach drove me crazy.

Never actually finished part 2, but I did find the Gummy ship-building and piloting to be a little too time-consuming compared to the platforming action.
I oddly liked the gummy ship building almost as much as mashing attack throughout the rest of the game. Wound up making a ship that was nothing more than a cube with nothing in the middle, just weapons next to the corner frames and blew shit up crazy style.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Something nice came in the mail today.

is2WeIr.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's the pre-order version. It was only available if you pre-ordered the system. Now you don't get the art book. Realistically, you aren't missing much. It's like 10-12 pages of pictures attached to the same case that the game comes in, as well as a note from the director about the series.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Ya it was a nice break from the main game and added a little spice on top of what I consider one of my 5 all time favorite games. I just hope KH3 has some type of opening video or early game explaining what has happened since KH2 and the 4,343,765 handheld games released.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 tells you KH 1 (Final Mix), Chain of Memories & all the videos from 358/2 Days.

This next bit is taken entirely from the Wiki:
During the closing credits of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix, videos of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, and Kingdom Hearts Re:coded are shown in HD, implying a second compilation. Nomura stated that it would be "pretty unnatural" for there not to be a 2.5 after 1.5

Kingdom Hearts III: In an interview on September 14, 2010, Tetsuya Nomura stated that his team was currently too busy with other projects such as Final Fantasy XV (known as Final Fantasy Versus XIII at the time) to work on Kingdom Hearts III. He also stated that his team was doing research concerning the high-definition graphics of the game, and depending on the technical requirements of the next generation consoles. On June 10, 2013, at the E3 Sony press conference, after years of rumors and speculations, Nomura introduced a teaser for Kingdom Hearts III, which stated it was in development for the PlayStation 4. It was announced the next day to be in development for the Xbox One as well. In Kingdom Hearts III, the series protagonist Sora will search for the "Key to Return Hearts" while Sora's friends, Riku and King Mickey, search for Keyblade wielders. The game will conclude the "Xehanort Saga", but it will not be the final game in the series.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So far, I'm enjoying replaying KH1. God damn are there a lot of trophies to collect, though. If I wanted to get platinum, I'm looking at like 6 play-throughs. That doesn't sound fun.

Forbin_sl

shitlord
So far, I'm enjoying replaying KH1. God damn are there a lot of trophies to collect, though. If I wanted to get platinum, I'm looking at like 6 play-throughs. That doesn't sound fun.
it's a bare minimum of 3 playthroughs for the plat since difficulty ones don't stack, but the other 3 hard ones, dont continue, speedrun in 15 hours and never change your items can be done on your easy playthrough, and from what i understand arnt that hard to accomplish on easy. It's still like a 60-70 hour platinum , but it doesn't take 6 full runs.