Kingdom Hearts III

Needless

Toe Sucker
No,
KH2.5 is KH2 Final Mix and Birth By Sleep Final Mix, with KH Re:coded in theatre mode.
KH1.5 is KH1 Final Mix and Re:Chain of Memories, with 358/2 Days in theatre mode.

You'll need both if you just want to play KH1 and 2

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
So if I wanted to catch up on these games (never played them), I just need to pick up 2.5? It has KH1, KH2, and some cutscenes from something else?
You need 1.5 and 2.5.

I envy you. I'd love to be able to play these for the first time, remixed in HD from start to finish. As it stands, I'm hesitant to engage on such a journey, and I quietly curse the darkness that Squeenix is making such a wonderful case for me to purchase games that I already own.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I own 1.5 after having the original KH 1 & Chain of Memories. It looks fantastic, and I'm glad I bought it. That said, I haven't played it nearly as much as I should. I've already beaten Tarzan & one part of Hercules. I forget where I'm at now, though, but it's been almost a year.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
So the second things you mention are the handheld games, that the .5's have on them in their entirety? Then what the hell are these "theater mode" things? Other games that exist, but on the .5's they just have the story presentation? Wtf is a 358/2 Days?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
KH1.5 =

KH1 Final Mix (Japanese only. Extra heartless, cutscenes, skills, etc)
KH Re:Coded
Cutscenes from KH 358/2 days (Helps bridge the gap between 1 and 2. Introduces Organization XIII, Roxas, Namine...etc).

KH2.5 =

KH2 Final Mix (Same as KH1 Final mix. Extra stuff we never got)
KH Birth By Sleep (PSP game. Pretty sure it deals with the 3 former Keyblade wielders and introduces Xehanort, the MAIN bad guy)
KH Re:Coded Cutscenes (So you just get the story element)

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
So the second things you mention are the handheld games, that the .5's have on them in their entirety? Then what the hell are these "theater mode" things? Other games that exist, but on the .5's they just have the story presentation? Wtf is a 358/2 Days?
Yes on Chain of Memories no on 358/2. Theater mode is the cutscenes/story from the missing games. Yes. One of the least important KH games.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
Alright cool. I think I might pick up 1.5 soon and dig into that. So 2.5 will have story/cutscenes theater mode for an actual game portion on 1.5? The Chain of Memories (remade) game? Should I bother playing that on 1.5?

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Vinyard's post is incorrect. Re:Coded is not the same game as Chain of Memories. Chain of Memories is the second game included on 1.5.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think i'm one of the very few that actually enjoyed the shit out of Chain of Memories lol

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Went in and pre-ordered 2.5 today......(woman collects the Disney pin's.)

but it was a harsh reminder why I don't go in those stores anymore..."Would you like to apply for our credit card?" "purchase a warranty, on the game?" fuckkkkkkkkkkk, *facepalm*

PS they must be loving the credit card shit.... that interest rate holy shit....

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That's awesome. I'd buy it, but $100 for just the plush toy isn't worth it to me. I'll stick with the limited edition 2.5 that I'm getting through Amazon already, then find someone selling their plush toy on ebay or whatever.

EDIT: Looks like you can buy it already. $35 for an even bigger one than the 9.8" one they mention in the CE box.
Kingdom Hearts 13 Heartless Shadow Plush Doll New | eBay

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Love the series. Gonna have to play three at the LGS or convince a friend to let me live at their place for a couple days. Aside from the occasional where the fuck do you want me to go motherfucker moment the combat is crazy fun and the story is good enough to maintain my interest. Gummi ships own my soul as well. Fucking love gummi ships. Post game content is actually challenging as well if you complete it without the best items. Sephiroth was a bastard without ultima weapon.